PDA

View Full Version : Thursday FSU Game Time

Radbooks
03-24-2019, 07:32 PM
This was on Twitter just now... looks like we have the 4:10 game on CBS

David Worlock
‏ @DavidWorlock
29m29 minutes ago

Sweet 16 schedule: Thursday 7:09 CBS: Florida St.-Gonzaga; 7:29 TBS: Purdue-Tennessee; 9:39 CBS: Texas Tech-Michigan; 9:59 TBS: UC Irvine/Oregon-Virginia. Friday 7:09 CBS: LSU-Michigan St.; 7:29 TBS: Auburn-N. Carolina; 9:39 CBS: Va Tech-Duke; 9:59 TBS: Ohio St./Houston-Kentucky.

phxfireflames
03-24-2019, 07:51 PM
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1109998233844101120

7:09 pm No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 4 Florida State (West/Anaheim, Calif), CBS, Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, Dana
Jacobson

10:07 pm — No. 4 Gonzaga vs. No. 9 Florida State (West/Los Angeles, Calif), TBS. Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, Dana Jacobson

zagssuperfan
03-24-2019, 07:55 PM
This was on Twitter just now... looks like we have the 4:10 game on CBS

Why are we the early game when we are the only team in our s16 pod from the west coast, when most of us will still be at work?!

ezcure17
03-24-2019, 07:57 PM
The # 1 seed gets the early game just like in Vegas More rest in between games , rewarded

Zagceo
03-24-2019, 07:58 PM
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1109998233844101120

7:09 pm No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. 4 Florida State (West/Anaheim, Calif), CBS, Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, Dana
Jacobson

10:07 pm — No. 4 Gonzaga vs. No. 9 Florida State (West/Los Angeles, Calif), TBS. Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, Dana Jacobson

thanks

i like this team.

Zagsker
03-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Why are we the early game when we are the only team in our s16 pod from the west coast, when most of us will still be at work?!

Exactly, dont get it

Zagsker
03-24-2019, 08:03 PM
The # 1 seed gets the early game just like in Vegas More rest in between games , rewarded

East bracket 2/3 play first

Playing a team from est zone at 7pst is a reward...that gives them a starting time of 10est

phxfireflames
03-24-2019, 08:07 PM
Isn't it standard/beneficial for the higher ranked team to play earlier so if they were to win, they would have that extra time to prep etc? I mean its not much difference between 4:09 pst and 4:29 pst.

spike_jr
03-24-2019, 08:13 PM
If you're GU though, would you rather be playing at 7P west coast time? Not only are you playing at your typical start time, but your opponent is playing at 10P after traveling 3 time zones?

But we all know that the tournament is all about the $$$

Zagsker
03-24-2019, 08:14 PM
Isn't it standard/beneficial for the higher ranked team to play earlier so if they were to win, they would have that extra time to prep etc? I mean its not much difference between 4:09 pst and 4:29 pst.

Meh...2.5 hours extra "rest" for 20 year olds for a game 48 hours later, dont think it makes any difference at all...this is about maximizing fan base viewership and having a WC team start the S16, that is stationed in their teams timezone, before the work day is over for a majority of their fans...poor planning from a viewership pov

Zagsker
03-24-2019, 08:15 PM
If you're GU though, would you rather be playing at 7P west coast time? Not only are you playing at your typical start time, but your opponent is playing at 10P after traveling 3 time zones?

But we all know that the tournament is all about the $$$

Exactly

willandi
03-24-2019, 09:10 PM
It does seem as if they are going out of their way to make it off times. Virginia-Oregon is the late game, in Louisville while Gonzaga-FSU is the early game in Anaheim.

They could/should have flipped those for viewers in the appropriate time zones and to have given the eastern time zone team the three hour later start rather than at their regular time with the Zags three hours early.

gonzagafan62
03-24-2019, 09:24 PM
It does seem as if they are going out of their way to make it off times. Virginia-Oregon is the late game, in Louisville while Gonzaga-FSU is the early game in Anaheim.

They could/should have flipped those for viewers in the appropriate time zones and to have given the eastern time zone team the three hour later start rather than at their regular time with the Zags three hours early.

I mean WVU - Gonzaga was early tip too at 7:10 ET. Florida State-GU last year was late tip ... we’ve seen it all

tummydoc
03-24-2019, 09:35 PM
We were given the east coast prime time game, and on the premier network. It's about advertising dollars. I think CBS gets first dibs and dictates the start time.

CDC84
03-24-2019, 09:50 PM
I have always felt it is an advantage to play the first game during the sweet 16 round because if you win, you send your guys back to the hotel to rest and recuperate, and have two assistants scout the next game, knowing that they will definitely be playing one of the two teams. Also, it is quite possible that CBS could give Gonzaga the first game on Saturday. Again, it just allows for more rest, recuperation and scouting time.

The winner of this Michigan/Texas Tech could be quite beat up. I know people like Tony Bennett, but these are the two best defensive teams in the nation. That have everything that UVA has, but with more athleticism and shot blocking ability than the Cavaliers do. Culver is a major talent, and Zavier Simpson one of the best on ball defenders college ball has seen in ages. It might be to GU's advantage to play the first game on Saturday (just like in 2017) if they get past FSU.

PLEASE no Len Elmore at the west regional. He's a curse.

Radbooks
03-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Here's the announcers:

Play-by-Play/Analyst//Reporter

(4) Florida St. vs. (1) Gonzaga

Kevin Harlan / Reggie Miller / Dan Bonner / Dana Jacobson

DixieZag
03-25-2019, 05:49 AM
Selfishly, I like not having to wait. If we win, I watch every game.

The moment we lose, my NCAA tournament is done. Last thing I want to see is more basketball.

Alum08
03-25-2019, 06:54 AM
A 7:09 EST start time means that I don't have to stay up past midnight or 1 AM to watch a Zags game like the rest of the season. Usually it's even too late to enjoy a beer or two while watching the game. The time shift to east coast primetime is one of the best things about March Madness. Everyone in PST doesn't know how good they have it the rest of the year. In fact I'd argue that a 4PM start is much, much preferable to 11PM because at the worst you can just DVR it until work is over and watch the game sans commercials.

jbslicer
03-25-2019, 07:10 AM
I have always felt it is an advantage to play the first game during the sweet 16 round because if you win, you send your guys back to the hotel to rest and recuperate, and have two assistants scout the next game, knowing that they will definitely be playing one of the two teams. Also, it is quite possible that CBS could give Gonzaga the first game on Saturday. Again, it just allows for more rest, recuperation and scouting time.

The winner of this Michigan/Texas Tech could be quite beat up. I know people like Tony Bennett, but these are the two best defensive teams in the nation. That have everything that UVA has, but with more athleticism and shot blocking ability than the Cavaliers do. Culver is a major talent, and Zavier Simpson one of the best on ball defenders college ball has seen in ages. It might be to GU's advantage to play the first game on Saturday (just like in 2017) if they get past FSU.

PLEASE no Len Elmore at the west regional. He's a curse.

No Len Elmore is a good thing. I'm also glad Steve Lavin is not calling the game as he is terrible. I'd also boot Seth Davis.

gonzagafan62
03-25-2019, 07:37 AM

The moment we lose, my NCAA tournament is done. Last thing I want to see is more basketball.

Same here Dix

LongIslandZagFan
03-25-2019, 07:59 AM
I know it seems like a punishment for GU to have the earlier game... but look at it from a different perspective. It is on CBS... prime time on the east and central time zones. It is their way of saying... this is the game that the country wants to see.

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 08:11 AM

Ditto. Won't watch a single game until the Championship.

Then I can't help but tune it, plus its a Monday night -- nothing better to do...

Before then, too much heartbreak, "what ifs", "we should be there beating that team", etc

Zagger
03-25-2019, 08:23 AM

I’m whistling Dixie too. Also gives talking heads more time to talk about the Zags. The Jimmy Kimmel show is taped starting at 4:30 Mon-Thurs .... Maybe he’ll have Guillermo broadcasting live from the game????

GoZags
03-25-2019, 08:42 AM
thanks

i like this team.

Dan Bonner's four most famous words, ever (my opinion) ... "Don't want to foul" .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdXeWvucvH8

CDC84
03-25-2019, 11:52 AM
Didn't Bonner also announce the famous second round game vs. Western KY where Goodson hit the game winner??

Zagceo
03-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Dan Bonner's four most famous words, ever (my opinion) ... "Don't want to foul" .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdXeWvucvH8

Classic..thanks for pointing that out

jake
03-25-2019, 12:45 PM
I know it seems like a punishment for GU to have the earlier game... but look at it from a different perspective. It is on CBS... prime time on the east and central time zones. It is their way of saying... this is the game that the country wants to see.

This.

I'll take it and be thankful I don't live on the East Coast where you get to watch your team tip at 10pm.

gonzagafan62
03-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Didn't Bonner also announce the famous second round game vs. Western KY where Goodson hit the game winner??

I believe so ... right next to Harlan, “in the sold out Rose garden in beautiful Portland Oregon”

Mr Vulture
03-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Is there anything else to complain about this year? Seems like everything is a slight to us according to some on here. Get out the tinfoil....