PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Florida State (NCAA S16) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

LongIslandZagFan
03-24-2019, 11:23 AM
Rematch from last year. Do the Zags gift payback for last year? Or do the Seminoles take it to the Zags?

What are hoping to see? Expect to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it Boys and girls!

gonstu
03-24-2019, 11:24 AM
I hope the zags win.

Zags11
03-24-2019, 11:28 AM
Fsu 81

Zags 74

MJ777
03-24-2019, 11:34 AM
GU 76
FSU 74

Go Zags!

Hoopaholic
03-24-2019, 11:36 AM
Zags 78
FSU. 66

MJ777
03-24-2019, 11:40 AM
Zags 78
FSU. 66

That would be easier on the nerves and liver.

Bocco
03-24-2019, 12:12 PM
Zags 78
FSU 71

LongIslandZagFan
03-24-2019, 12:32 PM
Don't get the lack of belief in the Zags.

Zags 75
FSU 68

gonzagafan62
03-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Zags 80
FSU 66

Too many turnovers, inability to hit the three hurt the seminoles big time

bigblahla
03-24-2019, 12:40 PM
Zags 77-72

Go!! Zags!!!

DixieZag
03-24-2019, 12:44 PM
Zags 74

FSU - 71

Zags win a game a lot like WVU last time we went deep.

Radbooks
03-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Zags - 79
FSU - 72

willandi
03-24-2019, 12:50 PM
85-79 Zags

raise the zag
03-24-2019, 12:51 PM
I feel we match up tremendously well vs Michigan or Texas Tech, so hope we get the opportunity.

Funny thing is, I'd rather face either Elite 8 opponent before our Sweet 16 opponent.

That said, all hands on deck or we go home. Simple as that.

I feel we can win, if we are firing on all cylinders, yet not sure Rui is mentally ready, nor Norvell locked in.

This game is the toughest matchup outside UNC for us.

Zags by 1 - 77 - 76.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-24-2019, 12:51 PM
Zags win a grinder.

67-60.

DixieZag
03-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Funny thing is, I'd rather face either Elite 8 opponent before our Sweet 16 opponent. .

Yeah, said the same in another thread. This feels like the E8 game, the ACC runner-up, only trouble is the "reward" for this one is either Michigan or TT, which thankfully ought to battle each other into oblivion, too.

bartruff1
03-24-2019, 01:13 PM
zags 75-67

Worthington
03-24-2019, 01:18 PM
Hate this match-up, especially after seeing how things played out last year. Their size, length, and athleticism is unlike anything we've seen all season, even Duke. I would rather be playing almost any other team in the field.

They have two true, elite rim protectors in Koumadje and Kabengele. As effective as Clarke is around the rim, there's no way he's not affected by a 7'4 shot blocker guarding him.

The guy I'm most worried about is Terrence Mann though. He terrorised us in the open court in last years game. I still don't think we have anybody who can stay in front of him; he's a real explosive and crafty finisher.

I think we have to have a really good three point shooting night to win this one. I'll say FSU by 8.

raise the zag
03-24-2019, 02:53 PM
As effective as Clarke is around the rim, there's no way he's not affected by a 7'4 shot blocker guarding him.

The guy I'm most worried about is Terrence Mann though. He terrorised us in the open court in last years game. I still don't think we have anybody who can stay in front of him; he's a real explosive and crafty finisher.

Even Zion has been held in check by their 7'4" player.

Also, Mann sliced, diced, and tore us up last year, esp in transition. Mann had 18 & 5 vs us and made it look easy as pie, piece of cake.

Their best players vs us LAST season were Mann, Forrest (7 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls), Kabengele, Koumadje, Cofer, et al all return this year.

BayAreaZagFan
03-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Whatever. They can't all be easy.

Zags - 78
U of FS - 73

stevet75
03-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Zags 79 - 70

gonzagafan62
03-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Even Zion has been held in check by their 7'4" player.

Also, Mann sliced, diced, and tore us up last year, esp in transition. Mann had 18 & 5 vs us and made it look easy as pie, piece of cake.

Their best players vs us LAST season were Mann, Forrest (7 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls), Kabengele, Koumadje, Cofer, et al all return this year.

Mann did that till we went to an extended 2-3 zone. Anytime we tried to mix it up back to M2M he burned us. Only thing he did was in transition and M2M. Expect another extended zone if we fall behind. He got a lot of transitions off of blocks one by Cofer and the other was a missed layup... he didn’t do much on set plays

And let me correct that by saying we went to extended 2-3 halfway through the first

raise the zag
03-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Mann did that till we went to an extended 2-3 zone. Anytime we tried to mix it up back to M2M he burned us. Only thing he did was in transition and M2M. Expect another extended zone if we fall behind. He got a lot of transitions off of blocks one by Cofer and the other was a missed layup... he didn’t do much on set plays

And let me correct that by saying we went to extended 2-3 halfway through the first

love this concept, yet one of the announcers said we played zone less than 2% of all defensive possessions this season with this team.

no way we zone, even when we should.

saw us experiment with zone in Maui for a few possessions vs Duke, and that was a about it. Ironically, it probably won the game vs Duke, as it worked the few times we used it.

As long as we don't try to have a run and gun competition with them as we did last season in 1st half, I'd be pleased.

We were down nearly twenty before going half court and we came back within 5.

gonzagafan62
03-24-2019, 04:14 PM
love this concept, yet one of the announcers said we played zone less than 2% of all defensive possessions this season with this team.

no way we zone, even when we should.

saw us experiment with zone in Maui for a few possessions vs Duke, and that was a about it. Ironically, it probably won the game vs Duke, as it worked the few times we used it.

As long as we don't try to have a run and gun competition with them as we did last season in 1st half, I'd be pleased.

We were down nearly twenty before going half court and we came back within 5.

Correct. I’d just say don’t rule it out... may use it if we need it. I bet we do if Mann is tearing us up again.

DixieZag
03-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Read our stuff and sounds like we're the underdog. I would be just fine with the team feeling that way, too. Play harder, looser, go right at them.

The only way we beat a team like FSU is play loose, the opposite of last year.

MickMick
03-24-2019, 05:05 PM
It is going to be a dogfight. No doubt about it.

Stache
03-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Rui returns to form. Inside outside more effective than last year with BC and Killian in the mix.

Us 81
Them. 74

amaronizag
03-24-2019, 07:13 PM
Zags win 80-70

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2019, 07:15 PM
With a heavy heart I predict 82-75 Noles. I hope that I am dead wrong.

MJ777
03-24-2019, 07:41 PM
The Zags are favored and have to play FSU at 7 PM EST.........DOOMED!

Pete Gillen picked FSU......Double Doomed!

GrizZAG
03-24-2019, 09:29 PM
No Brandon Clarke or the great disruptor Geno last year. Improved Rui, peaking Kispert and been there done that wiser Perks. We win this time 85-78. Tillie insurance!

Sir Charles thinks so too :)

ZagNation
03-24-2019, 11:06 PM
According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index, Gonzaga has an 86% chance to beat FSU.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401123386

Zagger
03-25-2019, 07:07 AM
ZAGS 80
FSU 60

Zags handle FSU well start to finish. Rui, Clarke, Snax & Tillie in double score figures around 15 each. Josh, Geno & Corey close to 10 each also sharing assists & steals. Petrusev & Jones get a couple buckets too :)
Zags take advantage of a host of FSU turnovers.

Hope my crystal ball isn’t as foggy as it is in Chattaroy right now ;)

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Apparently, Phil Cofer expected back this week.

6'8", 230lbs, one of their best 3pt shooters too (40%). They didn't need any help vs Murray St, as they hit 11 3's.

Gotta think their strategy will be to draw fouls vs our "big 3" Clarke, Rui, Tillie. They drew 28 fouls vs Vermont and shot 37 FT's! The most of any team in the Tournament to date.

Florida St always picks one area to dominate: vs Vermont is was drawing fouls and being aggressive to the hoop. vs Murray St it was running the floor, hitting 3pt shots, and absolutely killing them on the glass. They have 11-12 guys to make "adjustments" with -- IF the big 6'11", 260lb kid isn't drawing fouls and rebounds, they put 2 quick dudes in, IF the shots aren't fouling, they put a 7'4", 280lb dude in, and dominate the glass. If transition isn't working, they put their two 6'8" combo guards in to hit shots and drive to the hoop.

That's the problem, if you cut off Florida St's strength, they adapt, put new "team" in off bench and take advantage elsewhere.

Opposite of Baylor -- if you shut down their 3pt shots, they don't have another option. Florida St dominates the transition game first, if that's cut off, they put in HUGE dudes to rebound and draw fouls, if that's being cut off, they put in super athletic fast guys and they run the floor with abandon, if that's cut off, they put in their big guards to draw a ton of fouls and make 3's. As every player on FSU shoots 35%-ish from 3pt.

Combine with a Kenpom Top-10 defense on the other end.

Just incredibly tough to predict what they will do, and how they make adjustments with all new personnel. Baylor and FDU went 7 deep, FSU goes a full 11 deep, we must know their guys in and out and what their various lineups will do to capitalize that moment.

former1dog
03-25-2019, 07:26 AM
The Zags are favored and have to play FSU at 7 PM EST.........DOOMED!

Pete Gillen picked FSU......Double Doomed!

It's my recollection that Gillen usually picks against the Zags and is almost always wrong.

DixieZag
03-25-2019, 07:32 AM

6'8", 230lbs, one of their best 3pt shooters too (40%). They didn't need any help vs Murray St, as they hit 11 3's.

Gotta think their strategy will be to draw fouls vs our "big 3" Clarke, Rui, Tillie. They drew 28 fouls vs Vermont and shot 37 FT's! The most of any team in the Tournament to date.

Florida St always picks one area to dominate: vs Vermont is was drawing fouls and being aggressive to the hoop. vs Murray St it was running the floor, hitting 3pt shots, and absolutely killing them on the glass. They have 11-12 guys to make "adjustments" with -- IF the big 6'11", 260lb kid isn't drawing fouls and rebounds, they put 2 quick dudes in, IF the shots aren't fouling, they put a 7'4", 280lb dude in, and dominate the glass. If transition isn't working, they put their two 6'8" combo guards in to hit shots and drive to the hoop.

That's the problem, if you cut off Florida St's strength, they adapt, put new "team" in off bench and take advantage elsewhere.

Opposite of Baylor -- if you shut down their 3pt shots, they don't have another option. Florida St dominates the transition game first, if that's cut off, they put in HUGE dudes to rebound and draw fouls, if that's being cut off, they put in super athletic fast guys and they run the floor with abandon, if that's cut off, they put in their big guards to draw a ton of fouls and make 3's. As every player on FSU shoots 35%-ish from 3pt.

Just incredibly tough to predict what they will do, and how they make adjustments with all new personnel. Baylor and FDU went 7 deep, FSU goes a full 11 deep, we must know their guys in and out and what their various lineups will do to capitalize that moment.

And yet somehow, somehow, they managed to lose some games this year. :)

Not lately, to be sure. In fact, I am not sure there's a hotter team.

Yet when I read your posts, I feel like FSU would be favored against Golden State, and I am not saying you're wrong. Maybe they could …

:)

We're underdogs, men!! Be that scrappy Gonzaga bunch and get in their and bloody their nose!

Can we hit 7 threes?

That's my over-under, if we hit 7 or more 3s, I think we win.

MontanaCoyote
03-25-2019, 07:42 AM

Fine post. Adjective for “Deep Depth” ?; FSU. ESPN has Noles at 13% to win? Get real! Zags can win, but will have to be at their “all hands on deck” very best to do it, with Perks, Norvell and Tillie hitting enough 3’s to take the inside pressure off Rui and Clarke.

This game a true Acid Test. 11 deep is hard to beat. Old guys like me, take your heart meds! Praying not a bad idea either!

GrizZAG
03-25-2019, 07:55 AM
CBS sports guy is picking FSU

Zags need to show they have “It”
The stage is ours... Go ZAGS!
Stop the all ACC FF

FuManShoes
03-25-2019, 08:02 AM
I hate this matchup. They can throw lanky dudes at us all game. Despite The Zags having the best backcourt in the land, their depth and length offsets it. They can go right at our bigs to get them in foul trouble and not really worry about their own. And they have a bigger chip on their shoulder having both been underseeded (again) and hearing all year how they only beat us/we only lost because we were missing Tillie. If there's a bright side it's that we're better than last year, have some frontcourt depth and have Tillie back with his own thing to prove. I just worry he and BC will be saddled with fouls and unable to show whthey can do and would have done last year.

FSU 78
Zags 70

CdAZagFan
03-25-2019, 08:07 AM
I'm going the opposite direction... Think GU turns the tide and at some point pulls away.

GU 84
FSU 68

DixieZag
03-25-2019, 08:08 AM
I hate this matchup. They can throw lanky dudes at us all game. Despite The Zags having the best backcourt in the land, their depth and length offsets it. They can go right at our bigs to get them in foul trouble and not really worry about their own. And they have a bigger chip on their shoulder having both been underseeded (again) and hearing all year how they only beat us/we only lost because we were missing Tillie. If there's a bright side it's that we're better than last year, have some frontcourt depth and have Tillie back with his own thing to prove. I just worry he and BC will be saddled with fouls and unable to show whthey can do and would have done last year.

FSU 78
Zags 70

Foul trouble is definitely concerning.

titopoet
03-25-2019, 08:09 AM
Fine post. Adjective for “Deep Depth” ?; FSU. ESPN has Noles at 13% to win? Get real! Zags can win, but will have to be at their “all hands on deck” very best to do it, with Perks, Norvell and Tillie hitting enough 3’s to take the inside pressure of
Rui and Clarke.

This game a true Acid Test. 11 deep is hard to beat. Old guys like me, take your heart meds! Praying not a bad idea either!

FSU runs a lot of guys and that is both an advantage and a disadvantage. They always have a fresh team in, but it can mess with the flow of their players. I believe that is why they shoot at such a lower percentage to their talent. They are a great defensive team, but they have not faced such a diversified offense as GU's. The two teams they just dominated lack the elite level frontcourt, which will not be the case with the Zags. The opening line in Vegas has GU by 7 and that seems to be right.
83-76 Zags. Though I would not be surprised if GU comes out it takes it to them early.

MontanaCoyote
03-25-2019, 08:31 AM
FSU runs a lot of guys and that is both an advantage and a disadvantage. They always have a fresh team in, but it can mess with the flow of their players. I believe that is why they shoot at such a lower percentage to their talent. They are a great defensive team, but they have not faced such a diversified offense as GU's. The two teams they just dominated lack the elite level frontcourt, which will not be the case with the Zags. The opening line in Vegas has GU by 7 and that seems to be right.
83-76 Zags. Though I would not be surprised if GU comes out it takes it to them early.

I CAN see this happening if we’re firing on all 7 cylinders. Fill us up with No Ethenol Premium and ler ‘er rip.

former1dog
03-25-2019, 08:37 AM
What are we going to about FSU? What are we going to do about FSU? What are we going to do about FSU?

I've got a better question, what the hell are they going to do about Gonzaga?

I think the predictive models are correct. If both teams play to their potential based on season's long results, Gonzaga wins by double digits.

Gonzaga 93, FSU 80

VinnyZag
03-25-2019, 08:39 AM
There's no rational or statistical reason to be as un-confident about this game as I am right now. KenPom gives GU a ~75 percent chance of winning. FSU is better than anybody GU has faced since North Carolina back in December, but the Zags should still be able to handle them.

But ...

The one thing lacking on this Gonzaga roster is a Very Large Human Being. GU's bigs are quick and athletic, but slender. There's no Karnowski on this roster, or even a Sacre or a Larsen.

Florida State has two of those guys -- Kabengele and Koumadje. That seems like a bad matchup, especially on the boards.

FSU also has a bunch of the big, NBA-body-style wings who have given previous Zags teams fits.

This could be PTSD from the Sweet 16 beatdown a year ago, but I've just got a bad feeling about this matchup.

SwainZag
03-25-2019, 08:49 AM
How do you beat Florida State? Protect the 3 point line and stay out of foul trouble. In their losses this season: Nova 3-12, UVA 6-23, Duke 8-25, Pitt 2-22, BC 8-25, UNC 10-31, Duke 8-20. The only one they shot above 33% was the Duke game, and in that game the Blue Devils shot 61% from the floor.

They play 10, sometimes 11 deep. They will play physical. They will try to get our bigs in foul trouble. They foul a lot. For being huge, they don't shoot the ball that well. Just barely over 50% on 2 point baskets.

This game worries me, but not nearly as much as it does to some of you. Last year was the perfect storm of trouble for our boys. Losing Tillie at the last minute with no time to prepare was killer. They shot 15-18 on 2 point baskets. Rui is a much better player than last year. As much as I love JW3, Clarke is much more athletic and having Tillie back opens up so much. They are a good team. I believe we are better though.

Prediction. 3's fall early, we control the game and the tempo and play tight enough defense.

Zags 80
FSU 72

LTownZag
03-25-2019, 09:11 AM

6'8", 230lbs, one of their best 3pt shooters too (40%).

Do you have any evidence of this assertion?

SwainZag
03-25-2019, 10:02 AM

Looking at statistics, Cofer is 89/225 for his career, which is 36.6% 3 point shooter. For the season he is 29/83, which is 34.9%.

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 10:13 AM

Would hardly call my post an "assertion".

The reddit message board posted here earlier today was discussing Phil Cofer's return, hence my term "apparently".

Have no clue how to link posts from other message boards, yet its in the Gonzaga thread talking predictions. The 'fans' expect him back. I should have called them out demanding their info, my bad.

TacomaZAG
03-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Two things yet to be mentioned regarding the FSU game:

1: What conference are the officials from?? Ticky Tack like the WCC or Let 'em Play like the ACC?? This is very important as it will dictate not only the tempo of the game but how physical it gets. FSU has a lot more fouls to give than the ZAGS do.

2. Few and the staff have a full week to game plan for an essentially unchanged FSU team from last year, where the ZAGS are essentially a new team for FSU to game plan. Historically, Few and the staff have done incredibly well with a week to prepare. To be honest, I would rather have this game now than in the E8 with the short turnaround.

ZAGS by 6, 74-68. IMHO this will be a bit of a grinder. If FSU wants to turn this into a track meet, or the ZAGS are able to speed it up, ZAGS by double digits. I like our chances against anyone in a track meet, the ZAGS are built to run.

Bring it, for 40 minutes.

Go ZAGS

Zagceo
03-25-2019, 10:40 AM
Rebounds Per Game: 38.9 (21st)
Assist/Turnover Ratio: 1.745 (1st)

Rebounds Per Game: 37.6 (50th)
Assist/Turnover Ratio: .973 (210th)

surprised anyone?

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Jon Rothstein just posted 17 mins ago, and stated, Coach Leonard Hamilton does not expect Phil Cofer to make the S16 game vs Gonzaga.

linking tweets isn't my forte.

gonzagafan62
03-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Jon Rothstein just posted 17 mins ago, and stated, Coach Leonard Hamilton does not expect Phil Cofer to make the S16 game vs Gonzaga.

linking tweets isn't my forte.

I posted a new thread. My bad

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 10:52 AM
Rebounds Per Game: 38.9 (21st)
Assist/Turnover Ratio: 1.745 (1st)

Rebounds Per Game: 37.6 (50th)
Assist/Turnover Ratio: .973 (210th)

surprised anyone?

somewhat, then again, their bigs only average 20mpg/per play, yet average a ton of rebs in those minutes.

That said, FSU is known for their fast, tall, and athletic defense. Top-10 nationally. And their transition efficiency, Top-3 nationally.

Everyone saw how they scored 7 or 8 of their 11 3's vs Murray St --- stay with me --- in transition.

sheps001
03-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Great Info. What is your prediction and why.

Zagger
03-25-2019, 11:08 AM
We're underdogs, men!! Be that scrappy Gonzaga bunch and get in their and bloody their noses

Not underdogs according to ESPN’s Matchup Predictor:
They show us likely winners by 86.4% :)
Not, getting any big head about that .... just sayin’

DixieZag
03-25-2019, 11:20 AM
Not underdogs according to ESPN’s Matchup Predictor:
They show us likely winners by 86.4% :)
Not, getting any big head about that .... just sayin’

Oh, I know.

I like teasing RaiseTheZag.

He's a very good guy and knows more basketball than I'll ever understand. He's quickly convincing himself that Florida State would finish now worse than second in the West in the NBA, FSU goes 17 deep in guys averaging double doubles, and I like ribbing him bc he's good with it.

Besides, if one looks really closely at FSU, they might finish second in … the WCC.

I definitely respect FSU.

GrizZAG
03-25-2019, 11:21 AM
RE: Last year....
No Tillie, no Clarke, no Crandle! Different team plus Kispert and Rui are better than last year. Believe in them!

Reborn
03-25-2019, 11:21 AM
Gonzaga 77
Florida 63

That says all that needs to be said. Gonzaga is better.

Go Zags!!!

LTownZag
03-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Few and the staff have a full week to game plan for an essentially unchanged FSU team from last year, where the ZAGS are essentially a new team for FSU to game plan. Historically, Few and the staff have done incredibly well with a week to prepare. To be honest, I would rather have this game now than in the E8 with the short turnaround.

The style is similar, but FSU is far from the same team as last year.

3 of last year's starters are not playing (Cofer @ 6'8" - injured) (Angola - 6'6" G League) (CJ Walker - 6'1" Transfer)

One of their 7-footers who playd 10 minutes (the better one, Obiagu) also transferred and will not play.

Those 4 guys accounted for 85 minutes, 27 points, and 15 rebounds.

This year, apart from Kabengele and Mann who we've played before, they are going to have trouble scoring.

FSU has not faced BC, Crandall, or Tillie.

Mr Vulture
03-25-2019, 01:06 PM
Gonzaga is the better team. If we take care of the ball, are engaged on defense, and shoot around our normal levels...we win pretty comfortably.

Zags - 81
FSU - 68

ZagsGoZags
03-25-2019, 01:09 PM
zags over FSU
68-67

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 01:09 PM
Weird!

The same exact four teams AND matchups as last yr's West Regional.

How the...

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1109979824590938113?s=19

ETA: just realized it was A&M not Tech last year, yet 3 of 4 teams in the same bracket, different seeds, etc is pretty unique...

LongIslandZagFan
03-25-2019, 01:12 PM
Ummm... no. Swap out Tech with A&M last year.

SwainZag
03-25-2019, 01:12 PM
Weird!

The same exact four teams AND matchups as last yr's West Regional.

How the...

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1109979824590938113?s=19

Close. Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

MJ777
03-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Even KJR’s Softy thinks GU will win by 12. He’s no Zag Lover.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-25-2019, 04:25 PM
The sky is not falling, we are a better team. Chicken littles will convince themselves we are the worst team left in the tournament and pick against us from here on out.

We win by 14.

80-66

White lightning
03-25-2019, 04:54 PM
79-74 Gonzaga

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YukonJack
03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Zags come out in first half and treat FSU like a mid level WCC team and lead 49-27. Zags continue to push throttle in 2nd half and duplicate it with another 49 point half and win 98-61. Rui scores 37 and snacks with 26. Onto E8.

Zags11
03-25-2019, 07:22 PM
The sky is not falling, we are a better team. Chicken littles will convince themselves we are the worst team left in the tournament and pick against us from here on out.

We win by 14.

80-66

Im sorry i hate this. Its a prediction thread.

Zagceo
03-25-2019, 07:51 PM
Rematch from last year. Do the Zags gift payback for last year? Or do the Seminoles take it to the Zags?

What are hoping to see? Expect to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it Boys and girls!

Im sorry i hate this. Its a prediction thread.

Thoughts

WenatcheeZag
03-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Zags by 6. 83-77

RenoZag
03-25-2019, 08:09 PM
Zags 77
FSU 76

TheZagPhish
03-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Zags 77
FSU 76

I trust you're choosing your beverages accordingly.

Zags11
03-26-2019, 12:29 AM
Thoughts

What? I dont like ppl calling ppl out for saying their team may lose. If they predict they will lose, thats what they think. Unless he was talking about analysts but Kong is every thing is great type of poster and if you are negative its a bad deal.

So i dont understand why you linked LIZ.

Zags11
03-26-2019, 12:34 AM
Thoughts

Thoughts about the game. This wasnt thoughts at the game saying a bunch of chicken littles.

caduceus
03-26-2019, 01:20 AM
Thoughts

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.fGdQxSLYTxWQldCW5fbdqQAAAA&pid=15.1

caduceus
03-26-2019, 01:25 AM
Thoughts about the game. This wasnt thoughts at the game saying a bunch of chicken littles.

https://i.imgur.com/7oN7dgm.jpg

RenoZag
03-26-2019, 04:45 AM
I trust you're choosing your beverages accordingly.

Adult beverages of a distilled variety

thespywhozaggedme
03-26-2019, 05:32 AM

We win by 14.

80-66

I don’t understand your post; why do you feel the need to insult people that simply disagree with you regarding the outcome of the game. I am one of the biggest zag homers here and started a thread asking if we would lose a conference game all season, which we didn’t until the championship game and a poster for some odd reason accused me of being arrogant, which never made any sense because I was not bragging about myself I was bragging about how good our team was in relation to our conference foes. That being said I think Florida State is the worst possible matchup for us in the entire tournament and I have laid out my reasons why. That does not make me a “chicken little” anymore that it makes you a “sunshine pumper” it simply means that we have a difference of opinion but ultimately we all want the same result, the zags to win. So please refrain from insulting your fellow Zag fans. Thanks

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-26-2019, 05:59 AM
My post is simply that, a post. After reading the game thread from Saturday (a game we won by double digits) and seeing all of the subsequent posts criticizing our players who have had an amazing season. (Some of the criticism felt mean spirited by some), we have a few people on the board who are negative pretty much all of the time. The worst part is, if we do end up losing this game all we will see is a bunch of people saying “I told you so”.

My point was mild criticism at best and far less offensive than people have posted about players on our team in this very forum.
My THOUGHTS are that the negative Nancies will continue to be so. It’s completey your choice to lump yourself into that group.

ZagzKrak
03-26-2019, 06:02 AM
Zags 87-78

Zaga
03-26-2019, 06:14 AM
72-65 Gonzaga

gueastcoast
03-26-2019, 06:22 AM
I wish for happiness and contentment in Zagville and on the GUB. Oh, and world peace. As Rodney King said, "can't we all get along"?

I also wish for this, in what I think will be a hard-fought match but with the Zags steadily in control, not playing from behind as they did in our S16 game against FSU last year:

Zags 75
Noles 68

thespywhozaggedme
03-26-2019, 06:24 AM
My post is simply that, a post. After reading the game thread from Saturday (a game we won by double digits) and seeing all of the subsequent posts criticizing our players who have had an amazing season. (Some of the criticism felt mean spirited by some), we have a few people on the board who are negative pretty much all of the time. The worst part is, if we do end up losing this game all we will see is a bunch of people saying “I told you so”.

My point was mild criticism at best and far less offensive than people have posted about players on our team in this very forum.
My THOUGHTS are that the negative Nancies will continue to be so. It’s completey your choice to lump yourself into that group.

There is not an ounce of self reflection in your post; none whatsoever. Again, you used a derogatory term towards people simply because they have a difference of opinion then yours. It comes across as the old, “I am a better fan than you” type of post, you’re better than that. At the end of the day, we all want the Zags to win the game.

Zagceo
03-26-2019, 06:47 AM
There is not an ounce of self reflection in your post; none whatsoever. Again, you used a derogatory term towards people simply because they have a difference of opinion then yours. It comes across as the old, “I am a better fan than you” type of post, you’re better than that. At the end of the day, we all want the Zags to win the game.

if all the metrics including Vegas point spread favor Zags don’t you see the “chicken little” joke fitting just a little? Maybe?

LongIslandZagFan
03-26-2019, 08:36 AM
if all the metrics including Vegas point spread favor Zags don’t you see the “chicken little” joke fitting just a little? Maybe?

These guys set odds understanding it can cost them serious coin. They have a pretty solid idea of who should win the game. Ghe greed and love of money for the vegas sports books trumps a fan's consternation about a matchup. They are making what they see as solid business decisions.

Zags11
03-26-2019, 08:49 AM
https://i.imgur.com/7oN7dgm.jpg

Lol doesnt offend me. I made a prediction. I picked vs zags twice all yr. Its a guess.

maynard g krebs
03-26-2019, 03:18 PM
I don't get all the angst about this matchup. FSU still recruits the same style player as they did a decade ago; without looking it up I think it was an 8-9 matchup btw the Zags and FSU which the Zags won easily.

Every metric I've seen (kenpom, teamrankings.com, espn, 538) has the Zags between 74 and 86% chance of winning.

Tall and good at defense is nice, but FSU shoots 44% overall and 33% on 3's and has more turnovers than assists for the season. Kenpom ranks their offense 14th of the 16 remaining teams, ahead of TTU and Oregon. And their 10th ranked defense is middle of the pack statistically among the remaining field.

Zags are first in the country in most offensive categories. Last year's loss of Tillie left them w/ only Rui and JW111 to match up w/ FSU's big and deep front line; this year Clarke is a big upgrade from JW11, (good as he was), Rui is a big upgrade from last year's Rui, Tillie is back and playing pretty well, and there's Petrusev and Jones for depth. I think Tillie's loss was devastating for last year's team w/ the timing and matchup; gotta score from midrange some v that team, and Tillie was the only big who was good at that last year.

Fivethirtyeight gives the Zags about the same odds as Duke to advance, and says UNC has by far the toughest matchup at 62% over Va Tech.

Everybody's good at this point, obviously, and it won't be an easy win. But I think the Zags win this three times out of four. I think the only way they lose is if they tighten up and have a cold outside shooting night, which I don't think will happen.

Upper 70's for the Zags, lower 70's for FSU.

MJ777
03-26-2019, 03:34 PM

Maybe they are trying to use reverse psychology Or reverse Jedi mind tricks. To me, even if I have strong doubts I’m picking the Zags. Kinda like I answer if my wife asks me if she looks fat in a certain dress.

GU69
03-26-2019, 07:22 PM
To me, even if I have strong doubts I’m picking the Zags.

I made the mistake of going with my doubts early in the season against Duke. I'm with MJ: always pick the Zags.

The memory from last year is no fun, but I believe that GU would have won last year if Tillie hadn't been injured.

No injuries this year: GU 80-70.

Zagceo
03-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Maybe they are trying to use reverse psychology Or reverse Jedi mind tricks. To me, even if I have strong doubts I’m picking the Zags. Kinda like I answer if my wife asks me if she looks fat in a certain dress.

^TRUTH^

zag67
03-27-2019, 06:51 AM
Gu 84-67

Bogozags
03-27-2019, 07:21 AM
These guys set odds understanding it can cost them serious coin. They have a pretty solid idea of who should win the game. Ghe greed and love of money for the vegas sports books trumps a fan's consternation about a matchup. They are making what they see as solid business decisions.

LIZF - I would be interested in knowing just how much money was placed on FSU taking the points! I wonder if the line has had any movement to it since it opened on Saturday PM/Sunday AM...

Zagceo
03-27-2019, 07:25 AM
LIZF - I would be interested in knowing just how much money was placed on FSU taking the points! I wonder if the line has had any movement to it since it opened on Saturday PM/Sunday AM...

looks like it opened @6.5 and has moved to 7.5

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college%2Dbasketball/odds/las%2Dvegas/

Dorsai62
03-27-2019, 07:32 AM
If memory serves me correctly, last year FSU liberally used their fouls as part of their defense. Even with one less Zag to use them on they had four of their players with four fouls and had 9 or 10 more fouls than the good guys . Play our game, don't get rattled or injured and Zags by 9!

Bogozags
03-27-2019, 07:38 AM
looks like it opened @6.5 and has moved to 7.5

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college%2Dbasketball/odds/las%2Dvegas/

So it would seem that bettors were taking the Zags and to offset those bettors they raised the line hoping bettors would be taking FSU and the points...

Not sure how I'd bet this spread...do you know the O/U?

Bogozags
03-27-2019, 07:42 AM
If memory serves me correctly, last year FSU liberally used their fouls as part of their defense. Even with one less Zag to use them on they had four of their players with four fouls and had 9 or 10 more fouls than the good guys . Play our game, don't get rattled or injured and Zags by 9!

They have 10-15 more foul to give but GU, during the season, shoots more FT's than FSU...not be much but I see us getting to the line more frequently...

One more thought...FSU is not a solid 3pt shooting team-nothing like UVA or UNC...they shoot it at 33.6% and defend it at 33/4%...GU shoots it at 36.5% and defends it at 30.5%...On an average night for both teams, we outshoot FSU

LTownZag
03-27-2019, 07:44 AM
Watch FSU's entire recent Louisville game - but note that #0 (Cofer) will not play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiN9qgUMxL0

I see what people mean about FSU going cold offensively. Two huge scoring droughts in this one. Much of their offense is fueled by spurts of intense defense, with full court press or trapping. I don't have much faith in GU to respond well to that.

I think #25 (Kabengele) is too tough a matchup and too good a player to not score a bunch on us. I'd say the same about Clarke for us vs them.

I think the potential FSU player who might really surprise is (in a bad way) is Raiquan Gray #1. He is surprisingly quick for such a big and strong player. He also went 3/4 from 3pt range in their last game, but has only made 10 3s all year. If he has a great game, I think we're in trouble. He reminds me of a slightly bigger, slightly worse shooting Deonte Burton (ISU).

I think our 2 potentially overlooked scorers are Norvell and Tillie. If either or both of those guys are having good games, I like our chances. Rui and Clarke will be getting their defense's full attention.

If FSU's scoring is primarily Kabengele and Mann, I think we're OK.

Having our players (including big guys Rui and Tille!) hit a few early 3s would be massively beneficial.

Zagceo
03-27-2019, 07:46 AM
So it would seem that bettors were taking the Zags and to offset those bettors they raised the line hoping bettors would be taking FSU and the points...

Not sure how I'd bet this spread...do you know the O/U?

better breakout

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/florida-state-@-gonzaga.cfm/date/3-28-19/time/1909#BT

Hilltoppernole
03-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Watch FSU's entire recent Louisville game - but note that #0 (Cofer) will not play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiN9qgUMxL0

I see what people mean about FSU going cold offensively. Two huge scoring droughts in this one. Much of their offense is fueled by spurts of intense defense, with full court press or trapping. I don't have much faith in GU to respond well to thaat.

I think #25 (Kabengele) is too tough a matchup and too good a player to not score a bunch on us. I'd say the same about Clarke for us vs them.

I think the potential FSU player who might really surprise is (in a bad way) is Raiquan Gray #1. He is surprisingly quick for such a big and strong player. He also went 3/4 from 3pt range in their last game, but has only made 10 3s all year. If he has a great game, I think we're in trouble.

I think our 2 potentially overlooked scorers are Norvell and Tillie. If either or both of those guys are having good games, I like our chances. Rui and Clarke will be getting their defense's full attention.

If FSU's scoring is primarily Kabengele and Mann, I think we're OK.

Having our players (including big guys Rui and Tille!) hit a few early 3s would be massively beneficial.

Gray played really well offensively vs Murray State. I agree with you assessment that if Mann and Kebengele get no help FSU loses by 8-10. However if Gray, Vassell, Nichols and MJ Walker get going it will be tough for GU.

One concern I have is tired legs, The Noles went from 3 games in North Carolina to Connecticut to Cali with about 3 days in Tallahassee. If Trent Forrest is on that is a big help because he is a tough on ball defender.

FSU-81
Zags-76

Bogozags
03-27-2019, 08:27 AM
better breakout

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/florida-state-@-gonzaga.cfm/date/3-28-19/time/1909#BT

Thanks...interesting to see the line was once 8.5 and moved to 6.5 and settled at 7.5 and O/U opened at 146.5 and moved to 148.5 and then back down to 146.5...

Sports' books changing to balance out betting...very interesting

titopoet
03-27-2019, 08:39 AM
I think the key to the game is the same key to last years game. Whoever can establish the perimeter will win. Remember last year GU was leading late in the first half until FSU hit three 3s in a row. Why was this the turning point? Because both teams were packing it in the paint taking the inside game from each other. After the three fell for FSU, GU guard the 3 line more, which opened up the inside for FSU. Melson, Kispert, Snacks, and Perkins were a combined 5-19 with only Snacks going 3-7 (which allowed only one perimeter player to guard.) Rui and Williams had little to no room to operate. Missing one of the best pick and pop guy in Tillie hurt the team in so many ways. This year, in a weird twist of faith, FSU is missing one of their best pick and pop guys, Phil Cofer, may not be available. (May he be blessed in his time of mourning).

In the win against Duke, Few rolled the dice and started that game with a couple of interesting early plays of pick and pop with Rui and BC playing like they were Tillie and hitting a couple of threes. That opened up the inside as Duke had to go out to the three line. I wonder if he will start with a pick and pop with Rui? If the perimeter can be established early that will put Koumadje on the bench for most of the game as he does not have the footspeed to guard a pick and roll out front. (either he switches to a guard or he has to hedge and watch as BC or Rui attack the rim. (not good for FSU). Without establishing the perimeter, Koumadje can shade in the lane and make life hard on Rui and BC.

Goshzagit
03-27-2019, 08:40 AM
who defends their bigs and/or stay outta foul trouble when they do?

Kabengele is a freight train of muscle/size/strength. Then the 7'4" dude stands there and scores or swats shot.

They've been beat when he fouled out though.

As good as our bigs are, they both giving up either 3", or 6", and 50+lbs. that's just physics. Ask Baylor about our size, we were bigger and took full advantage -- fouls, points, and rebs.

LTownZag
03-27-2019, 09:09 AM
As good as our bigs are, they both giving up either 3", or 6", and 50+lbs. that's just physics. Ask Baylor about our size, we were bigger and took full advantage -- fouls, points, and rebs.

Those numbers are wrong. There's nobody on FSU even 40 pounds heavier than Rui.

If by "both" our bigs you are ignoring Tillie (and Petrusev who plays nearly the same minutes as their 3rd big guy) then our two 6'8" forwards are shorter than their tallest 2 players by 2" and 8".

FSU's frontcourt will consist of just 3 just guys:

Gray 6'8" 12MPG 4PPG [5.7 fouls per 40min]

Kabengele 6'10" 21MPG 13PPG [4.8 fouls per 40 minutes]

Koumadje 7'4" 16MPG 6.6 PPG [5 fouls per 40 min]

FSU does NOT ever play the last two guys at the same time, but may be forced into such a lineup in this game, otherwise their 6'7" wing/guard Terance Mann might be forced into guarding one of our bigs. In any case, the matchup of Rui (or Clake, or Tillie) being guarded by Gray is a matchup GU needs to win. Against Vermont, when FSU struggled against a 13th seed and also played without the injured Phil Cofer, FSU played a lot of 4-guard lineup. I don't think they can do that VS a GU frontcourt. Given the extended minutes that will be asked of their frontcourt, I'm not sure I see interior depth being an advantage (especially late) vs GU. I do think the more physical dribble/drive penetration of their bigger guards and wings will be a mismatch for us. (Mann, Walker, Vassel are 6'7", 6'6", 6'5").

BC and Rui are both 6'8", Tillie is 6'10". All three of those guys can elevate above the 6'8" Gray. FSU being without Cofer, their leading returning scorer and leading minutes player, is going to force Gray and Koumadje into a lot more minutes than they are used to.

The only other forwards or centers who will be eligible for FSU are both freshman who average less than 3 minutes (and less than 1 point) per game. For reference, Petrusev averages 10 MPG.

Mr Vulture
03-27-2019, 10:16 AM
who defends their bigs and/or stay outta foul trouble when they do?

Kabengele is a freight train of muscle/size/strength. Then the 7'4" dude stands there and scores or swats shot.

They've been beat when he fouled out though.

Keeping it simple, we are a better team than FSU across the board. If we play our normal game, we win. If we play our a game, we win by double digits.

Talking about individual players on the other team, compared to ours, isn't going to be anything more than speculation that isn't backed up by fact. There is no chance that Kabengele can consistently handle Brandon Clarke 1 on 1, yet I think Clarke can handle him fairly well. Too many are fixated on our undermanned game last year and ignoring that FSU has two, possibly three guys if Cofer is out, that were instrumental in that game last year. On the flip side we have Clarke for Williams (love JW3 but Clarke is better IMO), Tillie (missed last years game), Crandall, and an improved Rui and Kispert. Not to mention I expect that Gonzaga is looking at this game as a statement making game.

Kabengele averages 13pts/6Rbs/0.3Ast per game and 1.5 blocks
Clarke averages 17pts/8.5Rbs/1.8Ast per game and 3.1 blocks

LTownZag
03-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Cofer is not playing tomorrow. It's not an "If". Their coach said in an interview today that they wouldn't have him for their west-coast trip even if they beat GU and advanced to a Saturday game. I take that to mean he's staying back east with his family and not with the team.

My objection to GoshZagIt wasn't his matchup speculation, it was his use of heights and weights that aren't listed on any rosters. His player sizes seemed to be taken from looking at the wrong team.

(as an aside, I wonder how much Tillie weighs these days. He was 220lb as a 17 yr old prospect. I'd have to guess he's 20lb heavier by now)

I agree in general that speculation about the outcome of individual potential matchups doesn't

Snowkane
03-27-2019, 11:25 AM
Zags roll FSU by 15. GO G-O-N-Z-A-G-A.

raise the zag
03-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Cofer is not playing tomorrow. It's not an "If". Their coach said in an interview today that they wouldn't have him for their west-coast trip even if they beat GU and advanced to a Saturday game. I take that to mean he's staying back east with his family and not with the team.

My objective to GoshZagIt wasn't his matchup speculations, it was his use of heights and weights that aren't listed on any rosters. His player sizes seemed to be taken from looking at the wrong team.

(as an aside, I wonder how much Tillie weighs these days. He was 220lb as a 17 yr old prospect. I'd have to guess he's 20lb heavier by now)

I agree in general that speculation about the outcome of individual potential matchups doesn't

David Nichols is also "doubtful" for tomorrow. Was limited in practice today, couldn't do much participation according to Coach Hamilton.

A 6'1" guard who averages a lot of minutes for them by their standards.

Although, he shot 0-8 FG vs Duke in ACC Championship and felt he was a big reason they lost that game.

Maybe this helps them vs us, I dunno.

JPW314159
03-27-2019, 06:20 PM
ZAGS 83
FSU 71

rennis
03-27-2019, 07:48 PM
I'm not ready to make a prediction yet. I will tomorrow. For now I'm just sitting here thinking I am in no way ready to see this season end. They have to win. This group deserves more than a season ending in the S16.

kitzbuel
03-28-2019, 07:09 AM
Zags 79
'Noles 72

Go Zags!

katman50
03-28-2019, 07:20 AM
The Zags win by 10, in a tough, hard fought game.

TexasZagFan
03-28-2019, 07:28 AM
Zags 88
Moles 81

thespywhozaggedme
03-28-2019, 07:46 AM
Keeping it simple, we are a better team than FSU across the board. If we play our normal game, we win. If we play our a game, we win by double digits.

Talking about individual players on the other team, compared to ours, isn't going to be anything more than speculation that isn't backed up by fact. There is no chance that Kabengele can consistently handle Brandon Clarke 1 on 1, yet I think Clarke can handle him fairly well. Too many are fixated on our undermanned game last year and ignoring that FSU has two, possibly three guys if Cofer is out, that were instrumental in that game last year. On the flip side we have Clarke for Williams (love JW3 but Clarke is better IMO), Tillie (missed last years game), Crandall, and an improved Rui and Kispert. Not to mention I expect that Gonzaga is looking at this game as a statement making game.

Kabengele averages 13pts/6Rbs/0.3Ast per game and 1.5 blocks
Clarke averages 17pts/8.5Rbs/1.8Ast per game and 3.1 blocks

You didn’t post their minutes per game. If it wasn’t intentionally deceptive it was grossly negligent. They are both great and both may wind up being lottery picks,we don’t have to denigrate one to boost the other.

LTownZag
03-28-2019, 07:59 AM
You didn’t post their minutes per game. If it wasn’t intentionally deceptive it was grossly negligent. They are both great and both may wind up being lottery picks,we don’t have to denigrate one to boost the other.

FSU's Kabengele averages 25pts and 4.8 fouls (per 40 mins). He's playing 21 minutes.

Clarke averages 24.5pts, 3.2 fouls (per 40mins) and plays 28 MPG.

Conclude what you'd like, but at least compare apples to apples.

rennis
03-28-2019, 08:00 AM
Zags gotta get out in transition themselves and make FSU pay for mistakes. The opposite of this game last year. I think they roll.

Zags 81
FSU 70

bballbeachbum
03-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Zags gotta get out in transition themselves and make FSU pay for mistakes. The opposite of this game last year. I think they roll.

Zags 81
FSU 70

+1

23dpg
03-28-2019, 09:57 AM
Zags 82
Noles 67

Mr Vulture
03-28-2019, 10:08 AM

I simply showed their stats for the season..nothing more, nothing less. In no way or anywhere in my post did I say that it was relevent to anything (I had simply looked it up for my information and shared it). The only thing I actually said in my post was that I didn't believe that Kabengele could consistently guard Clarke, which I don't believe he can...at least not without getting into foul trouble.

raise the zag
03-28-2019, 10:27 AM
I feel like Zach Norvell is the X Factor in this one. Everything from his defense & shot making will be critical.

Ltownzag -- I realize this "feeling" doesn't support the metrics, current stats, pomeroy projections, yet just a hunch. I have no #'s to support this hypothesis, so will have to accept my sharing as just that...

He will be the one who tilts this game in our favor, someway, somehow.

His contributions are key, as he will be asked to occasionally guard/contain Mann (their one man wrecking ball in the open court).

Their 3 bigs and our 3 bigs feel like they will neutralize each other in the end. Will be up to our backcourt to win this in the end.

LTownZag
03-28-2019, 10:32 AM
I feel like Zach Norvell is the X Factor in this one. Everything from his defense & shot making will be critical.

Ltownzag -- I realize this "feeling" doesn't support the metrics, current stats, pomeroy projections, yet just a hunch. I have no #'s to support this hypothesis, so will have to accept my sharing as just that...

He will be the one who tilts this game in our favor, someway, somehow.

His contributions are key, as he will be asked to occasionally guard/contain Mann (their one man wrecking ball in the open court).

Their 3 bigs and our 3 bigs feel like they will neutralize each other in the end. Will be up to our backcourt to win this in the end.

Awesome! I love hunches (when described as such).

My hunch is that you are correct, and I also feel Crandall playing an important defensive and communicative role.

Did anyone else watch the pre-game presser? I was surprised to see FSU players (and coach) seeming to consider this game a rematch, with a few mentions of GU's increased athleticism. Overall I got the impression that FSU is expecting two rosters far more like last year than I think GU players/coaches are expecting.

raise the zag
03-28-2019, 10:38 AM
Awesome! I love hunches (when described as such).

My hunch is that you are correct, and I also feel Crandall playing an important defensive and communicative role.

Did anyone else watch the pre-game presser? I was surprised to see FSU players (and coach) seeming to consider this game a rematch, with a few mentions of GU's increased athleticism. Overall I got the impression that FSU is expecting two rosters far more like last year than I think GU players/coaches are expecting.

I felt like Crandall played really well in his 11 mins vs Baylor.

I saw at least a couple tips, steals, passes, and one game changing play we all know....Clarke's crazy breakaway dunk.

His anticipation is terrific, in passing lanes and along the perimeter.

I suspect he will probably get more run this game.

Seems like they spoke about Clarke a ton, which is fine by me...maybe Rui's turn to score 25+?

thespywhozaggedme
03-28-2019, 10:45 AM
FSU's Kabengele averages 25pts and 4.8 fouls (per 40 mins). He's playing 21 minutes.

Clarke averages 24.5pts, 3.2 fouls (per 40mins) and plays 28 MPG.

Conclude what you'd like, but at least compare apples to apples.

Thank you for posting all of the relevant stats. After Zion, they are the two best power forwards in college basketball and that will be reflected in this upcoming draft I believe. It’s going to be a great head to head matchup tonight.

BayAreaZagFan
03-28-2019, 12:10 PM

I hope that's the case and I hope they go in a little overconfident. I also hope the GU players and coaches are viewing this as an opportunity to make up for last year. I know the ultimate goal is to win it all, and to win it all you have to win each game along the way, but any extra motivation can't hurt.

upan8th
03-28-2019, 12:34 PM
"But Perkins has had some games where he forgets how to play and it's cost Gonzaga in March in recent years." The quote from some pundit sounds a little nebulous, but not far off base. See Josh getting past his past shortcomings with 8 dimes & 10 points tonight. GU squeaks by: 74-72. If it doesn't happen, then hey, it's been another great ride and a lot of the fun has been reading & contributing to this thread; so, thanks again, LIZF, for all your work in making it happen.

Zagregious
03-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Zags: 84
Seminoles: 72

George Orwell beats Jane Fonda (figuratively)

spike_jr
03-28-2019, 01:33 PM
78-71 GU

Hit some outside shots early to loosen up their D. Limit turnovers which in turn limits their scoring potential. Play patient, smart, Zag basketball.

Bogozags
03-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Second time for me picking another team

GU - 76

FSU - 82

DixieZag
03-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Second time for me picking another team

GU - 76

FSU - 82

Sorry, Bogo, I can't let that be the final pick, so I will change my pick (btw, I picked Duke in the Maui final), but I feel - finally - like we do have this one:

GU 75
FSU 70

Previously I had picked a one point win.

Bogozags
03-28-2019, 06:26 PM
Sorry, Bogo, I can't let that be the final pick, so I will change my pick (btw, I picked Duke in the Maui final), but I feel - finally - like we do have this one:

GU 75
FSU 70

Previously I had picked a one point win.

My wife and I are soooo happy I was wrong!!!

Go Zags

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-28-2019, 06:34 PM
14 points.. nailed the spread.