PDA

View Full Version : 3/23/19 Share some of your thoughts as you wait for the game today (Round 2 in MM)

Reborn
03-23-2019, 07:33 AM
I'm smiling and feel good inside. No anxiety really. That's always a good sign. I see sunny days inside my mind, with a beautiful blue sky with a few white clouds, indicating there'll be some challenges in the game today, but nothing our Zags can't overcome.

I'm thinking about ZagNation and what a great community we are. I am feeling blessed to be a part of it. I am aware that we are all beginning to wake up and get ourselves for a big game today. I have never met anyone quite like someone who's graduated from Gonzaga, and there are some beautiful one's right here in Yakima, Washington. We are a loved people. I wear my Zag gear a lot, and when people see whatever I'm wearing that day, they always ask me if I'm from Gonzaga. when I say yes, they have such a beautiful smile for me. Then we share a few words about the team. Sometimes some of the people don't even say a word, but they give me a sign of appreciation and respect, and smile. Some times the smile is followed by two words, "Go Zags!!!

I'm hoping everyone in ZagNation has a great day. You can share little thoughts all day long if you want to, or even if you need to in order to relax, ha ha ha. Sometimes writing helps. Smile.

Go Zags!!!

gonzagafan62
03-23-2019, 07:41 AM
I’m anxiously waiting for this game. I’m going bowling with my kids. I am going to let them bowl and then me and my wife will compete in who’s better (we both think we are better hahaha) I’m so nervous I can’t keep my mind off this game. Hopefully a family outing does make me feel better. Have a great day Bornie! It’s gameday! Go Zags!

Much love,

‘62

willandi
03-23-2019, 07:56 AM
I appreciate this team, love what they have done and expect much more out of them I look forward to the FF and a Natty.

BUT...I approach each game with trepidation, and have done so all year. The debacle against SMC shows what CAN happen when the Zags are off. I never expect that, but fear it.

I am not much concerned about the other team. If the Zags play their game they will win. Many have mentioned Baylor shooting 30 threes. If they do, and half go in, that's still only 45 points. If the bears rebound 8 of the 15 misses and convert 5 of them, that's only 55 points total. The Zag horses should easily eclipse that.

It is if, for some reason, they go away from the crisp passing, the sharing the ball, finding the open man who makes a great shot instead of taking the good shot, that scares me. When Gonzaga is 'on', the can beat anybody this year, no matter how well the other team plays.

Reborn
03-23-2019, 08:08 AM
I'm going with my older son to watch my grand daughter in a tennis tournament today. This will definitely help the day pass quickly. I'll also run home between matches to watch games. I'm not happy that the second half of the Florida St game is on at the same time Gonzaga plays. I'll have top record it. I want to see Morant play and maybe defeat Florida St.

Reborn
03-23-2019, 08:22 AM
There's a really good article to read on ESPN. The way I found it was to click on ESPN web site. Then click on scores....Go down to Gonzaga's game this evening and click on Gonzaga and the article is there. It's about reseeding the 32 teams who've survived so far. The writer has Gonzaga at #2 behind Duke of course. Pretty cool though...

SunDevilGolfZag
03-23-2019, 08:23 AM
Superstitious one here. Just trying to figure which combination of Zag layers and colors to wear today. Probably the white Zag-Up Tíshirt, or the Final Four t, or the 1995 NCAA t?, under the blue sweatshirt, under the red jacket?, the blue letter jacket? or the blue hooded sweatshirt? Crucial decisions to make�� Iím open to suggestions

gueastcoast
03-23-2019, 08:55 AM
Superstitious one here. Just trying to figure which combination of Zag layers and colors to wear today. Probably the white Zag-Up T’shirt, or the Final Four t, or the 1995 NCAA t?, under the blue sweatshirt, under the red jacket?, the blue letter jacket? or the blue hooded sweatshirt? Crucial decisions to make�� I’m open to suggestions

Just went for a run in my vintage GU sweatshirt. For gametime it will be a two layers -- Gonzaga t from 2017 San Jose regional over another Gonzaga t from the Nike store on 57th St. in Manhattan ca. 2002; it blew me away then that there would be Gonzaga gear available in the heart of New York City! Now we take it for granted. VERY important decisions indeed!!

TacomaZAG
03-23-2019, 08:59 AM
Superstitious one here. Just trying to figure which combination of Zag layers and colors to wear today. Probably the white Zag-Up T’shirt, or the Final Four t, or the 1995 NCAA t?, under the blue sweatshirt, under the red jacket?, the blue letter jacket? or the blue hooded sweatshirt? Crucial decisions to make�� I’m open to suggestions

I'm with you SDGZ, for me it's the first wearing of the Pendo jersey this year, always save the Mojo for the Dance. Of course, I will have a ZAGS T-shirt under it.

I'd say go with the 1995 NCAA T-shirt, old school rep. Maybe with the blue sweatshirt over it. I like to stay away from anything red, out of PTSD from the years of the red game jerseys.

Go ZAGS

gueastcoast
03-23-2019, 09:02 AM
FYI Tacoma, I think I own the other Pendo jersey (not counting Pendo's)

MickMick
03-23-2019, 09:02 AM
Zags can win the whole enchilada if they bring their "A" game five times in a row. That can be said for about a dozen other teams as well.

Which brings up the question, what if both teams in a given matchup bring their "A" game?

I think Zags win. Over anybody.

Feeling a quiet confidence. Will be mildly shocked if they don't make it to Minneapolis. I also believe they have the toughest path remaining. Good. I want no doubting the legitimacy if they get it done.

TacomaZAG
03-23-2019, 09:07 AM
FYI Tacoma, I think I own the other Pendo jersey (not counting Pendo's)

Sweet, gueastcoast...................a very small but important slice of GU Nation!! Way to represent in NYC. After the ZAGS win tonight, the jersey will be on my back when I play golf tomorrow, and every day thereafter while the ZAGS are still alive. Hope to be wearing it in early April.

Go ZAGS

gonzagafan62
03-23-2019, 01:36 PM
So i just got home from bowling. Did end up winning vs my wife both times, though we are both terrible bowlers. Gutter balled a lot hahaha. Oh well it was fun.

Go zags!!!

willandi
03-23-2019, 02:02 PM
So i just got home from bowling. Did end up winning vs my wife both times, though we are both terrible bowlers. Gutter balled a lot hahaha. Oh well it was fun.

Go zags!!!

Dude! Stay out of the gutter!

katman50
03-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Am very nervous and hyped up. All the metrics, comparisons, etc. say the Zags should win. This time of the year you can throw a lot of that stuff out of the window. Which team wants it more? And which players are going to produce on this big stage? Am cautiously optimistic. In the meantime am sipping a glass of excellent white wine and hope to open an even better bottle when our boys win. Go Zags!

GeorgiaZagFan
03-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Florida State is looking really good....they still scare me because of their athleticism and depth...they wore down Murray State in the first half...what was a 6 point game with just under 8 minutes in the half became a 16 point halftime deficit...they did the same thing to beat the Zags last year....