• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, 2ND ROUND, SUNDAY, MARCH 24

All times PT:

9:10am = (10) Iowa vs. (2) Tennessee, CBS, South Region, from Columbus, Ohio
    11:40am = (9) Washington vs. (1) North Carolina, CBS, MW Region, from Columbus, Ohio
    2:15pm = (9) Central Florida vs. (1) Duke, CBS, East Region, from Columbia, SC
    3:10pm = (6) Buffalo vs. (3) Texas Tech, TNT, West Region, from Tulsa, OK
    4:10pm = (12) Liberty vs. (4) Virginia Tech, TBS, East Region, from San Jose, CA
    4:45pm = (9) Oklahoma vs. (1) Virginia, TruTV, South Region, from Columbia, SC
    5:40pm = (11) Ohio State vs. (3) Houston, TNT, MW Region, from Tulsa, OK
    6:40pm = (13) UC-Irvine vs. (12) Oregon, TBS, South Region, from San Jose, CA
  • GonzagasaurusFlex
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Thanks, CDC

I'm looking forward to this first game, Iowa vs TN, but lotta good ones today
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Dook deigns to play? Ever been a 13-12 before? Looks weird.

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        Dook deigns to play? Ever been a 13-12 before? Looks weird.
        Your man Dickau scored 20 points in a 13-12 game a "couple" of years ago ....

sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          Your man Dickau scored 20 points in a 13-12 game a "couple" of years ago ....

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...8-gonzaga.html
          Thanks for the memories. Btw, spending the w/e at Pebble. You should be here, G.

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

I think it will be a chalky kind of day again.

The big 10 is showing well. Could Iowa and Ohio State be better than perceived?
            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Only one person in our 40 entry bracket contest picked Texas Tech to win the natty. . .haven't seen them play this year so I'll tune in to that matchup. Too many post-poned chores to do today.

Almost at the point of hoops saturation.

Have a fine Sunday !
              Last edited by RenoZag; 03-24-2019, 08:11 AM. Reason: sp
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• rennis
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post

B10 and P12 have been the surprise performers this year. Big East and Big 12 not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Coach Few
                We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• MJ777
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by MickMick View Post

It’s not looking good for Iowa so far - down 32-14. This game reminds me of beat down GU put on Iowa a few years ago.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2008

Iowa already settling for early deep jacks, made a couple but the misses are getting them run out of the building so far

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2008

the difference between the Iowa zone and Baylor's is the Grand Canyon, Tennessee at the FT line whenever they want doing whatever they want there

Comment

• Zagceo
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2013

curious about Buffalo game and Duck Eaters....others look like blow outs.

Also interested in watching 7'6" 310 lbs Tacko Fall against DOOK

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                          curious about Buffalo game and Duck Eaters....others look like blow outs.

Also interested in watching 7'6" 310 lbs Tacko Fall against DOOK
                          I'd be okay with Texas Tech being taken out of the way. Just me.

BTW, my brother in Texas says there's a saying they tell the High School kids there, that compete to get into UT-Austin, and Tex A&M, "Get your grades up or get your guns up" - I guess Texas Tech is not the academic school that UT and A&M are.
                          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• 23dpg
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                            All times PT:

9:10am = (10) Iowa vs. (2) Tennessee, CBS, South Region, from Columbus, Ohio
                            11:40am = (9) Washington vs. (1) North Carolina, CBS, MW Region, from Columbus, Ohio
                            2:15pm = (9) Central Florida vs. (1) Duke, CBS, East Region, from Columbia, SC
                            3:10pm = (6) Buffalo vs. (3) Texas Tech, TNT, West Region, from Tulsa, OK. <— This game!
                            4:10pm = (12) Liberty vs. (4) Virginia Tech, TBS, East Region, from San Jose, CA
                            4:45pm = (9) Oklahoma vs. (1) Virginia, TruTV, South Region, from Columbia, SC
                            5:40pm = (11) Ohio State vs. (3) Houston, TNT, MW Region, from Tulsa, OK
                            6:40pm = (13) UC-Irvine vs. (12) Oregon, TBS, South Region, from San Jose, CA
                            I think Buffalo vs TT is the game of the weekend. Two really good teams.
                            Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• MJ777
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2009

Nice run by Iowa led by Tyler Cook to kind of get back in the game as they cut the lead to 9. I was reading the Iowa board’s game thread in the 1st half and many of the posters were hating on Cook. I guess it’s human nature to be overly critical when a player under performs. It’s a fanatical thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X