PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Hot Line: 1-800-HELP ME (get some perspective) #SyracuseZoneIsHard

former1dog
03-20-2019, 02:40 PM
I thought I better post the crisis hotline for all the folks here who are so very depressed and fearful that our #1 seeded Gonzaga Basketball team may actually have to play a team that could potentially beat them or worse, we could look bad winning!!

"Oh no, our field goal percentage was rubbish and we only scored 83 points in our 15 point victory versus our average of 92 points!! We're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonstu
03-20-2019, 02:41 PM
I thought I better post the crisis hotline for all the folks here who are so very depressed and fearful that our #1 seeded Gonzaga Basketball team may actually have to play a team that could potentially beat them or worse, we could look bad winning!!

"Oh no, our field goal percentage was rubbish and we only scored 83 points in our 15 point victory versus our average of 92 points!! We're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this hotline work for fears against FSU also? Asking for a friend.

former1dog
03-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Does this hotline work for fears against FSU also? Asking for a friend.

All of the above my friend! #FDUisSoooooGoood #FSUHasAllTheTallPeople #TexasTechConsumesSmallChildren #DukeHadaHangnailWhenWeBeatThem #ETC

bartruff1
03-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Do the boys get to go to the games ???

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-20-2019, 02:53 PM
This is me after I saw our bracket announcement.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PerfumedDisguisedBullfrog-max-1mb.gif

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-20-2019, 02:57 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/CoXDR1YPTo0/hqdefault.jpg

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-20-2019, 03:02 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yT79KXV4Wss/Vn9VUOcPH3I/AAAAAAAAG4o/k9CaF7tjaJ8/s1600/sweating_Airplane.jpg

TexanMark
03-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Frank Howard for Syracuse has been suspended indefinitely. He scored over 20pts a game in the ACC Tourney.

Therunner
03-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Frank Howard for Syracuse has been suspended indefinitely. He scored over 20pts a game in the ACC Tourney.

but played horribly the rest of the season. he shoots 34% FG, not from 3pt, that is overall. also, turns it over a ton. he didn't play early in the season and his back-ups played just as well. a couple talented freshman guards. Tyus Battle played more lead PG with Frank Howard out, and their offense operated more smoothly.

that said, he was a hound defensively. He ran the top of that zone better than Jalen, young Boeheim, or even Tyus Battle.

It hurts them defensively but might actually help them offensively. He scored a ton of points as he had no choice with Tyus battle (18 ppg) out of ACC Tourney with injury.

The entire Syracuse board views this as a net positive for the team -- on and off the court. Some are suggesting he might return by Round of 32, but some say no way.

BavarianZag
03-20-2019, 06:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190321/2d2accc32b3b70e0b8dbd4d22cddecf5.gif

#bestthread
#thanksrobo
#ireallydontknowhowtohashtag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDC84
03-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Something that Gonzaga fans MUST remember is that Few constructed a game plan in 2016 with a much worse Zag team at his disposal against a similarly seeded Syracuse team that was FINE vs. the zone. The SU zone is not a puzzle that cannot be solved. The only reason reason Gonzaga lost that game was due to their inability to handle 'Cuse's pressing at the end of the game, some missed foul shots, and a horrific officiating error that was so bad that Few received a formal apology from the NCAA.

Hoopaholic
03-20-2019, 08:14 PM
This thread was good for my daily laught but unfortunately some ďfansĒ do fit this need

willandi
03-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Something that Gonzaga fans MUST remember is that Few constructed a game plan in 2016 with a much worse Zag team at his disposal against a similarly seeded Syracuse team that was FINE vs. the zone. The SU zone is not a puzzle that cannot be solved. The only reason reason Gonzaga lost that game was due to their inability to handle 'Cuse's pressing at the end of the game, some missed foul shots, and a horrific officiating error that was so bad that Few received a formal apology from the NCAA.

Please! Don't try to stop the panic with facts. It just won't work!

caduceus
03-21-2019, 02:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PL0A3fP.jpg

Therunner
03-21-2019, 04:51 AM

Kyle Wiltjer's 4-5 3pt in the 1st half helped our "game plan" tremendously, and 3 of those shots were 5' past the 3pt line and 'out of sync'.

I will never forget the announces ooing and awing at how deep Wiltjer's 3's were and at random times.

Once they face-guarded Kyle, Sabonis went to work on the offensive glass and getting muscle put backs.

After re-watching the game, we should have won the game. A 9 or 10 pt lead with 5-6 minutes remaining, yet it was apparent we still 'struggled' with their zone. If not for Wiltjers insanely DEEP 3's, and some were at end of shot clock, and Sabonis beast-mode, we might have struggled to put up 50 pts.

So, we need someone to go off from 3pt and for Clarke to go beast-mode on the glass much like Sabonis to have a chance. Syracuse has more offensive weapons this year than they did a few yrs ago, yet the top part of their zone isn't as strong with Jalen, Tyus, and younger Boeheim. Their middle of the zone might be better, as their 2 forwards and 7'2" Center are intimidating.

Zagger
03-21-2019, 05:23 AM
Baylor = Bayer :)
They’ll cure the Cuse.

Zagricultural
03-21-2019, 05:52 AM
Kyle Wiltjer's 4-5 3pt in the 1st half helped our "game plan" tremendously, and 3 of those shots were 5' past the 3pt line and 'out of sync'.

I will never forget the announces ooing and awing at how deep Wiltjer's 3's were and at random times.

Once they face-guarded Kyle, Sabonis went to work on the offensive glass and getting muscle put backs.

After re-watching the game, we should have won the game. A 9 or 10 pt lead with 5-6 minutes remaining, yet it was apparent we still 'struggled' with their zone. If not for Wiltjers insanely DEEP 3's, and some were at end of shot clock, and Sabonis beast-mode, we might have struggled to put up 50 pts.

So, we need someone to go off from 3pt and for Clarke to go beast-mode on the glass much like Sabonis to have a chance. Syracuse has more offensive weapons this year than they did a few yrs ago, yet the top part of their zone isn't as strong with Jalen, Tyus, and younger Boeheim. Their middle of the zone might be better, as their 2 forwards and 7'2" Center are intimidating.

Exactly. Syracuse was a double digit seed that year too. I don't understand the mocking of those of us that admit it's a bad matchup for us, and that Few's teams have always struggled with the Syracuse zone. I still think we're more likely to win, but it's less certain than the rainbow & unicorn crowd would have us believe.

Reborn
03-21-2019, 06:03 AM
Exactly. Syracuse was a double digit seed that year too. I don't understand the mocking of those of us that admit it's a bad matchup for us, and that Few's teams have always struggled with the Syracuse zone. I still think we're more likely to win, but it's less certain than the rainbow & unicorn crowd would have us believe.

I doubt if people are mocking you. From what I've read, I think people are just trying to help you understand that the Zags are really good and that there's no reason today to worry about Syracuse. I think we want you to feel good about THIS game today with FDU. Syracuse may lose to Baylor tonight. My advice: Live in TODAY and try to enjoy it. Enjoy the game tonight. If both Syracuse and us win today, I'll come back and talk about why I think the Zags will beat Syracuse.

Go Zags!!!

Go Zags!!

raise the zag
03-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Filling out brackets today and shocked at some of these 3 seeds pathways. Look at the right side of the bracket, the 3 seeds have much easier pathways, including some of the 4 seeds. I'd choose their pathway over our pathway.

Its interesting...

former1dog
03-21-2019, 01:47 PM
Just a thought.

Tonight, either Syracuse or Baylor will be losing their 14th game of the season! If its Baylor, it will be their 5th loss in a row. If its Syracuse, it will be the 7th loss in the last 10 games.

I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't inspire fear in me.

Go Zags!!

seacatfan
03-21-2019, 04:16 PM
I forgot to panic before the game started today. It's only halfway there, but I think they probably got this. I mean only up 53-17 at the half, but they can probably hang on.

raise the zag
03-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Just a thought.

Tonight, either Syracuse or Baylor will be losing their 14th game of the season! If its Baylor, it will be their 5th loss in a row. If its Syracuse, it will be the 7th loss in the last 10 games.

I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't inspire fear in me.

Go Zags!!

Me neither.

Hey, we are better than most teams, but it's the gimmick/unique stuff, like full time zone defense which scares me.

We seemed a bit out of sorts vs the zone tonight. Sure we still converted buckets but didn't play with conviction when they zoned.

Baylor, and esp Cuse zones are best in the game.

willandi
03-21-2019, 05:52 PM
Do the Zags want to face Syracuse vaunted zone 'D', or the team that just beat them?

willandi
03-21-2019, 05:53 PM
I forgot to panic before the game started today. It's only halfway there, but I think they probably got this. I mean only up 53-17 at the half, but they can probably hang on.

I liked seeing the bench at about the 6 minute mark.

Get those guys some game time and experience.

PLUS a calling off the dogs.

former1dog
03-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Bumped for the Sweet 16. Apparently Gonzaga got screwed by the committee because now we actually have to play a really good team!! Oh the humanity!

Grief counselors are now available at the hotline.

gonzagafan62
03-24-2019, 07:13 AM
According to Ken Pom Florida State is 14/16 teams. That’s the 2nd best 4 seed. Every analytic says Florida State is a 4 seed. If it quacks like a duck, smells like a duck it must be a duck. This team lost to Boston College and Pittsburgh. Also lost to Nova.

former1dog
03-25-2019, 06:49 AM
The crisis hotline has had nearly a nearly overwhelming response. In an effort to get people the help they need, faster, please select the following options when dialing:

(1) Florida State is to big. What are we going to do!!
(2) CBS is out to get us, they scheduled our game to early!!
(3) Rui Hachimura has had 2 bad games, out of 34, and no longer deserves to be an All American. He SUX!!!
(4) Florida State fans are saying bad things about us on their message board and it makes me feel bad.
(5) Mark Few said Florida State should be a 2 seed. He doesn't know what he's talking about!
(6) Gonzaga got screwed by the selection committee, they have to play GOOD teams to win the national championship!

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 07:30 AM
The crisis hotline has had nearly a nearly overwhelming response. In an effort to get people the help they need, faster, please select the following options when dialing:

(3) Rui Hachimura has had 2 bad games, out of 34, and no longer deserves to be an All American. He SUX!!!
(4) Florida State fans are saying bad things about us on their message board and it makes me feel bad.
(5) Mark Few said Florida State should be a 2 seed. He doesn't know what he's talking about!
(6) Gonzaga got screwed by the selection committee, they have to play GOOD teams to win the national championship!

Baylor's tallest player was 6'7" -- that is Florida St's 2 guard. What are we going to do!!

former1dog
03-25-2019, 07:46 AM
Baylor's tallest player was 6'7" -- that is Florida St's 2 guard. What are we going to do!!

Call the hotline, my friend.

Hoopaholic
03-25-2019, 07:47 AM

haaaaa thank you for my morning laugh....LOVE IT

GoZags
03-25-2019, 07:51 AM

Doomed.

WenatcheeZag
03-25-2019, 07:38 PM

I’m just so twitterpated about FSU, I called the crisis line and pressed 1, 2, 4 & 6 all at once, obviously a mistake. Anyway, the line clicked and I got connected to a real nice girl by the name of Sapphire. She didn’t know anything about Zag basketball but said for just $19.95 she could make my dreams come true. I immediately said yes and screamed “the Natty is coming to Spokane”. She hung up on me. Darn the luck, I hope my credit card doesn’t get charged cause I don’t think she really was serious about making my dream come true.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-25-2019, 08:16 PM
FWIW, ESPNís BPI matrix gives us a mere 86.4% chance to win this.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401123386

Lewey
03-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by former1dog View Post

Iím just so twitterpated about FSU, I called the crisis line and pressed 1, 2, 4 & 6 all at once, obviously a mistake. Anyway, the line clicked and I got connected to a real nice girl by the name of Sapphire. She didnít know anything about Zag basketball but said for just $19.95 she could make my dreams come true. I immediately said yes and screamed ďthe Natty is coming to SpokaneĒ. She hung up on me. Darn the luck, I hope my credit card doesnít get charged cause I donít think she really was serious about making my dream come true.

Glad I decided to check what was new on the hotline. These made my day and made me forget about dialing the hotline!

billyberu
03-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Curiously enough, the Japanese tradition of deferential behavior remains strong around these parts.

Need more Tigers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

former1dog
03-29-2019, 08:06 AM
The lines are buzzing this morning. Naturally we have had to adjust our options to reflect the real fears people are dealing with out there:

(1) People think our win vs FSU was a fluke. They were missing players. Oh nooooooooooooooo's!!
(3) Texas Tech scares me. They're good and they're from Texas. Don't mess with Texas.
(4) Florida State fans are still saying mean things about us on their message board and it makes me feel bad.
(5) Geno Crandall only played 8 minutes, he SUX!!