PDA

View Full Version : Perk comments on shoulder

Zagceo
03-19-2019, 01:09 PM
ďI banged it up in the Pepperdine game so itís a little sore now, but by Thursday itíll be fine,Ē the senior point guard said. ďI think I went up for a rebound and stretched it back to where it hasnít gone yet so I probably have full range of motion now. It hurt, but I think Iím back to 100 percent with my arm.Ē

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/mar/18/healthy-outlook-for-gonzagas-killian-tillie-josh-p/

gonstu
03-19-2019, 01:17 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/mar/18/healthy-outlook-for-gonzagas-killian-tillie-josh-p/

DOOMED

Goshzagit
03-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Great news on Tillie, excited he is excited and feeling like he can contribute...but very mixed news on Perkins.

Josh is still "sore" two days before Tip off, yet hopeful he will be good to go by game time.

How will it affect his shooting? Ball screen coverage?

If he stretched it back, it could have re-aggravated or strained his labrum sutures.

He was not OK vs SMC, looked like he had "frozen shoulder". His shot was flat, he was rigid on defense, & any contact to his right side made him since, even throwing the ball up in the air to St Marys for a TO. He was protecting his shoulder on both sides of the court.

I was hoping to hear it was an issue last week yet no lingering pain this week, yet states it's still sore. Josh is obviously very tough yet said the same thing after a couple dislocations last year, that he'd be 'fine by gameday'.

I commend Josh on his mindset and we can only hope he truly is healthy enough to give it is all. This team won't go very far without a healthy Josh Perkins. He was basically one-armed vs SMC, and it effected the entire team.

DixieZag
03-19-2019, 01:59 PM
Umm,

That's not the report I really wanted to hear. I wanted to hear "It's fine, I'm ready to go" and even then I suspected that he'd say that no matter what.

I am not an MD, nor a PT, but if he's counting upon it going from "a little sore" to "fine by Thurs" that strains credulity.

Man, we simply cannot win a second round game without him. Damn, it would be awfully tempting IF an extra 2 days and no game to get him back at 100% to hold him out of the first round game and roll dice on getting through it.

He could suit up, be ready to go in the game if it appeared we definitely needed him.

Wow, to come all this way and have him "sore" … that's disconcerting.

I know this, on the bus or even just in practice, one can say it's not hurting much at all, and then subconsciously in the game be guarding it without knowing you're doing it.

This is scary.

Zagceo
03-19-2019, 02:02 PM
The kid has dislocated 14 or 15 times in his career...I'm guessing he knows what to expect.

In Josh we must trust

gonzagafan62
03-19-2019, 02:39 PM
The kid has dislocated 14 or 15 times in his career...I'm guessing he knows what to expect.

In Josh we must trust

This. I donít see reason for concern. He says he has full range of motion now. Not anything concerning

MDABE80
03-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Josh's description is exactly what it is. After fixing my shoulder, even now I get a twinge and that dull ache when I put it in the wrong position. Usually though, it goes away with some cold and some rest. I tore that thing during a very cold spring baseball game at GU . Ya got to warm up!

raise the zag
03-19-2019, 03:19 PM
not in love with "i guess I have full range of motion now". emphasis on 'guess' and 'still sore'. Should be ok by Thurs.

i'm going to pretend I stopped reading after "Tillie feels great and rearing to go

Zagsker
03-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Good grief people

gonzagafan62
03-19-2019, 04:47 PM
not in love with "i guess I have full range of motion now". emphasis on 'guess' and 'still sore'. Should be ok by Thurs.

i'm going to pretend I stopped reading after "Tillie feels great and rearing to go

I hear ya. Not necessarily disagreeing, just half full I guess

zagbeliever
03-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Josh is a tough kid and I suspect that he (like Kevin) will play through pain.

MickMick
03-19-2019, 05:34 PM
Anyone remember Blake Stepp.

Against Arizona?

Zagger
03-19-2019, 07:11 PM
Broke my scapula in September. Needed surgery with a few plates and a mit full of screws. Once I could start PT my range of motion sucked and it was pretty painful working to get it back. Lots of muscle cramping. Once I quit PT I had about 80% range of motion and still a bit of cramping. I just figured I’d do everything I’d done previously and try to ignore the decreased range of motion and minor pain. About a month later I can’t even tell it happened. Full range of motion and only a rare cramping feeling that goes away if I just start doing things. Guess it just took awhile to heal. I’m 66. I was surprised at how it sort of went from 80% to 100% mobility overnight. The human body’s ability to heal, and the path it takes to do so, can be quite variable. It gives me good vibes Josh saying his full range of motion is back. It may just take his muscles a bit to get toned up and used to the change. With all the resources the team has to pamper a body I’m not worried about Zach.

GrizZAG
03-19-2019, 07:28 PM
Broke my scapula in September. Needed surgery with a few plates and a mit full of screws. Once I could start PT my range of motion sucked and it was pretty painful working to get it back. Lots of muscle cramping. Once I quit PT I had about 80% range of motion and still a bit of cramping. I just figured I’d do everything I’d done previously and try to ignore the decreased range of motion and minor pain. About a month later I can’t even tell it happened. Full range of motion and only a rare cramping feeling that goes away if I just start doing things. Guess it just took awhile to heal. I’m 66. I was surprised at how it sort of went from 80% to 100% mobility overnight. The human body’s ability to heal, and the path it takes to do so, can be quite variable. It gives me good vibes Josh saying his full range of motion is back. It may just take his muscles a bit to get toned up and used to the change. With all the resources the team has to pamper a body I’m not worried about Zach.

Zach Perkins? :)

MDABE80
03-19-2019, 07:57 PM
Zagger. Sounds like a catastrophe! Glad you’ve had a good result! Was the cuff involved??

Alum08
03-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Zach Perkins? :)It's clear the meds are working.

kdaleb
03-19-2019, 09:55 PM

I read this as his joke... that physical therapy hadn't yet pushed him past a certain point so whatever happened pushed him that extra bit and now he has the fuller range of motion that he hasn't had since the surgery... a PT joke that those of us not in constant PT don't get.

Zagger
03-20-2019, 03:06 AM
It's clear the meds are working.

Ha! Looks like along with a busted shoulder I got my foot in my mouth as well :)

No cuff injury any more than past damage when trying to free a tarp frozen to the ground a few years back. I’ve been pretty lucky with the various things I do. The shoulder’s been the worst and it feels like ‘new’ now. I can’t speak for athletes like Josh (Zach) though as they flat out move, twist, turn, dart and generally expose their bods to possible calamity in every game (and in practice). Josh’s motion on the court amazes me with how he can change velocity (speed& direction) so quickly and fluidly. I imagine any ‘chink in the amor’, even slight, is noticeable by these athletes due to the extent in which they utilize their physical abilities. I hope Josh heals on the go.