PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the beginning of the 2019 National Collegiate Basketball Tournament

Reborn
03-19-2019, 08:42 AM
Welcome ZagNation: Yes. It starts today. And I'm hoping that it's the beginning of many memories that I'll never forget.
Just two more days until we get to see our Zags in action. Everyone's been waiting for that game for a long time. Go get 'em Zags!

Go Zags!!!

SorenTodd45
03-19-2019, 08:52 AM
I will actually watch some of the Farleigh Dickinson game; we may end up playing them.

gonzagafan62
03-19-2019, 08:54 AM
I will actually watch some of the Farleigh Dickinson game; we may end up playing them.

Yeah I’ll keep a close eye on it as well. I wanna see what we’re in for

ZagOD7540
03-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Yeah I’ll keep a close eye on it as well. I wanna see what we’re in for

From what I've read, FD shoots the 3 ball at a high percentage

gueastcoast
03-19-2019, 09:36 AM
Any idea when the team arrives in Salt Lake?

229SintoZag
03-19-2019, 11:37 AM
Welcome ZagNation: Yes. It starts today. And I'm hoping that it's the beginning of many memories that I'll never forget.
Just two more days until we get to see our Zags in action. Everyone's been waiting for that game for a long time. Go get 'em Zags!

Go Zags!!!

I appreciate the enthusiasm Reborn. But I am old school and I regard today's games as an aberration and a gimmick--a stain on what is otherwise the best sporting event in the world.

The tournament starts Thursday morning. Today's play in games are an interesting prelude but they are a phony substitute for the real deal that disrupts the beautiful symmetry of the tournament and dilutes its quality. These games are also very unfair for all involved as CDC pointed out recently. We can abide these games, but I for one will never celebrate them.

gonzagafan62
03-19-2019, 12:14 PM
From what I've read, FD shoots the 3 ball at a high percentage

Yes they are #5 in country at 3pt FG%.

Pepperdine is 24th in case you care. Not saying they suck or aren’t good or aren’t deserving to be where they are, just a bit of context. They’ve also shot considerably less 3 point shots than others on the list.

gonzagafan62
03-19-2019, 12:17 PM
I appreciate the enthusiasm Reborn. But I am old school and I regard today's games as an aberration and a gimmick--a stain on what is otherwise the best sporting event in the world.

The tournament starts Thursday morning. Today's play in games are an interesting prelude but they are a phony substitute for the real deal that disrupts the beautiful symmetry of the tournament and dilutes its quality. These games are also very unfair for all involved as CDC pointed out recently. We can abide these games, but I for one will never celebrate them.

Still not getting why it’s unfair. Since the first four started, multiple teams advancing have made sweet sixteen, and they actually in my opinion get a slight advantage. These are kids. They don’t care the travel or anything like that... they DO however get a tournmanet setting before any of us do... where your season is on the line. First 4 or 5 season in a row one team made at least the second round of the actual tournament as well.

It’s worth celebrating IMO, but even if that doesn’t change your mind, that’s fine too. Have a good day! :)