• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spike94
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

New Bracketology after loss.

Here is what is up now. I would take this in a second.
    Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

The problem with Lunardi.....he's great at picking teams, not so much at seeding them and locating them. We can only hope. But most pundits tonight seem to feel that Gonzaga has retained it's number one seed. Lots of folks said even before the WCC semis that GU was a lock for a 1.

Comment

• katman50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Would gladly take it!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

SMC could get to the S16.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I told Nevada Don Jazz that I hope his team gets an 11 seed. Remember the 2016 Zag team?? GU needed to win the tourney to get in the dance. Six seeds are normally not all that great, and there is always a 3 seed or two that is vulnerable. The 2016 Zag team had Seton Hall sucking on oxygen in round 1, and Karnowski kicked Poetl's (spelling??) butt in round two). Unfortunately, Gonzaga choked away a chance to get to the elite 8 against UVA. They had Boeheim beat.
          An 11 seed is a good seed to get if you get the right matchups.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Yup. But it was Cuse and Perks missed a runner for the win.

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
            I told Nevada Don Jazz that I hope his team gets an 11 seed. Remember the 2016 Zag team?? GU needed to win the tourney to get in the dance. Six seeds are normally not all that great, and there is always a 3 seed or two that is vulnerable. The 2016 Zag team had Seton Hall sucking on oxygen in round 1, and Karnowski kicked Poetl's (spelling??) butt in round two). Unfortunately, Gonzaga choked away a chance to get to the elite 8 against UVA. They had Boeheim beat.
            An 11 seed is a good seed to get if you get the right matchups.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
              The problem with Lunardi.....he's great at picking teams, not so much at seeding them and locating them. We can only hope. But most pundits tonight seem to feel that Gonzaga has retained it's number one seed. Lots of folks said even before the WCC semis that GU was a lock for a 1.
              We still have all the P6 tournaments to go yet. Lots of time left for pundit prevarication.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2007

Scares me. I’m terrified of facing Syracuse in the second round. I feel like their zone against our poor outside shooting is a recipe for disaster. Especially when our guys don’t stop jacking up threes even when they’re having a terrible night.
                "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Parrish and Norlander said that Gonzaga is a 1 seed today, but likened it to a golfer who has finished his round and is waiting for the other golfers to finish. They said that Carolina, Duke, LSU, and Michigan State could all knock Gonzaga from the 1 seed with a strong conference tournament performance.
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

• stretch
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jul 2009

My gut feeling is that the committee is not going to be as gracious to the Zags as Lunardi.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                      Parrish and Norlander said that Gonzaga is a 1 seed today, but likened it to a golfer who has finished his round and is waiting for the other golfers to finish. They said that Carolina, Duke, LSU, and Michigan State could all knock Gonzaga from the 1 seed with a strong conference tournament performance.
                      Great analogy. The thing I have always disliked about the WCC finishing up so early is to have to spend the rest of week listening to all the pundits slobbering over themselves over the power 5 conferences and justifying why those teams deserve so many spots in the dance.

Comment

• HenneZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2012

Alot will depend on what happens the next few days. Zags shot themselves In the foot last night imo. I think a 2 seed is coming our way but I will be happy with that.
                        America's Team!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                          Exactly! Good thing for us is that Duke or UNC both will not have a great tournament, as they play each other in their second round (semis). No way Duke and UNC get a number 1 seed if neither wins the ACC. Michigan St has a chance, LSU it's a long shot, but if they knock off Kentucky does that drop us or Kentucky out of a top seed.

Before the WCC tournament everyone called us a lock at 1, I would say we still are a lock, just not as locked in as we were a day ago. The sky has not fallen people we will be fine.

Comment

• amaronizag
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Jul 2013

In the bracket linked above, St Mary's will have to play Virginia Tech in their first game and I'm afraid Buzz and the boys will blow them out. Very tough team, but if they somehow win, they have a shot at beating KS State using the same strategy they used to slow down and beat GU.

Comment

• gueastcoast
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                              Exactly! Good thing for us is that Duke or UNC both will not have a great tournament, as they play each other in their second round (semis). No way Duke and UNC get a number 1 seed if neither wins the ACC. Michigan St has a chance, LSU it's a long shot, but if they knock off Kentucky does that drop us or Kentucky out of a top seed.

Before the WCC tournament everyone called us a lock at 1, I would say we still are a lock, just not as locked in as we were a day ago. The sky has not fallen people we will be fine.
                              While an unnatural act for me, I guess we are all Hoos fans this week!
                              Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X