• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagfan1
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Post game thread - it’s ok you can vent or view this as opportunity

Well here it goes. The ball just bounced a different way throughout the whole game. Everyone carried the ball, turned the ball over, and couldn’t get offensive rebounds. Felt like the UNC game.
  • Robzagnut
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

Wake up call. It's exactly what they need.

Reminds me of the BYU loss 2 years ago and we know how that turned out.

Comment

• Outraged
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

At least it did not happen on Senior night. This is the only game I could stomach loosing.

Comment

• krozman
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

1. Mark Few couldn't coach. Lineups were an absolute mess.
        1a. Not one guard could actually play their position.
        2. Brandon Clarke was doing great but nobody thought to actually keep him in or give him the ball.
        3. Norvell should have been out of the game or red lighted from the outset of the 2nd half.
        4. Zero offensive synergy, see guard play above.

Basically, they should have been given a football and told to go play in the vegas traffic than show up tonight.
        Krozman
        GU student 1996-2000
        Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• jayray
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

Lunardi saying still a 1 seed. I’ll believe that over what anyone else thinks, Palm hasn’t said yet if they will get bumped down.

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Robzagnut View Post
            Wake up call. It's exactly what they need.

Reminds me of the BYU loss 2 years ago and we know how that turned out.
            Posted about this after that BYU loss; Texas Western beat Kentucky for the national championship in 1965. They lost one game all year, to Seattle University, last game of regular season.
            Have always felt that loss helped them prepare, physically but especially mentally, for their national championship run.

Felt the same way about our ‘17 team after the BYU loss. They almost won it all.

Here’s hoping tonight’s loss does the same for this team.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

I am worried as hell if they play Virginia.. they plays like St Marys every game, just about 10 times better.

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by krozman View Post
                1. Mark Few couldn't coach. Lineups were an absolute mess.
                1a. Not one guard could actually play their position.
                2. Brandon Clarke was doing great but nobody thought to actually keep him in or give him the ball.
                3. Norvell should have been out of the game or red lighted from the outset of the 2nd half.
                4. Zero offensive synergy, see guard play above.

Basically, they should have been given a football and told to go play in the vegas traffic than show up tonight.
                Kind of like they all had the flu.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

After 20 some odd wins in a row, 90% of them blowouts, we got tested tonight...and failed. I'll tip my hat to SMC, and move on.

Nothing good is going to come from stewing over this for a couple of days.

ETA: there's a lot of truth in the adage, "it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a year."

Comment

• Zags11
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                    I am worried as hell if they play Virginia.. St Mary's plays like St Marys every game, just about 10 times better.
                    100%

Comment

• HenneZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2012

Cant remember a game where we played with absolutely no intensity. Players hanging there heads, waltzing around like they didnt give a ####. I'm disappointed in the way we lost the game tonight. This is Perkins team and he showed little leadership in crunch time, love the kid but damn!

If this doesn't light a fire under there ass and piss them off than I'm concerned. Play like this even as a 1 or 2 seed we will lose opening week.

Hats off to the Gaels, we have nothing to blame this loss on, not the refs, basket, arena, mascot etc. They executed the game plan to a T and got the last laugh so congratulations.

This better light a damn fire!
                      America's Team!

Comment

• SwainZag
                        Kennel Club
                        • Mar 2009

Weird game. No one could buy a bucket. So many bunnies missed and balls falling off the rim. It seemed like every long rebound went to the Gaels. The ticky tacky fouls totally took Zach out of the game, had to be good worst shooting performance as a Zag. I would like to see the Gael's shooting percentage with less than 4 on thur shot clock, it seemed like it was nearly automatic. Also, they panicked, hopefully they learned something. They are a much, much, much more talented team than showed up tonight.

Comment

• raise the zag
                          Zag for Life
                          • May 2011

We beat St Marys in Spokane by more points than we scored tonight.

Comment

• Marconi
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Dec 2011

To see the way they played last night which was basketball artistry, and to see what happened tonight I feel there had to be something more going on.

I'm just speculating, but I'm sure you saw the Family sweatshirts the team has been wearing which I think is more than just a slogan.

After the devastating loss of two key players to the women's team last night, and then the news regarding the Fortier family, I think the team was bearing the burdens. This truly is a close knit family and I believe they were effected by it.

Comment

• Unbiased
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Feb 2007

When you play a good team that slows down the game, it cancels your athletic advantage. Possessions become much more important and that means you better
                              play tight defense. The Zags didn't do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X