PDA

View Full Version : Guard Play

zagsfanforlife
03-12-2019, 07:03 PM
This team will go as far as Perkins leads them and Norvell will have to contribute. If they lay an egg like tonight it will be an early night sleep for our buys at the dance.

Zags11
03-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Need rui to play physical and act like he gives a damn on defense. He is Adam Morrison part 2. Josh had a rough game but so did everyone minus clarke.

MBZags
03-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Wish Crandall could’ve been more of a presence for this team, especially on nights like tonight. Disappointing (all year really)

zagfan1
03-12-2019, 07:09 PM
I am shell shocked. Too many turnovers and Norvell couldn’t make anything. They all played like they were hung over. Randy Bennett must be so ecstatic tonight.

raise the zag
03-12-2019, 07:10 PM
...or lack thereof.

Perkins, Norvell statline tonight:

5-25 FG, 0-9 3pt, 8 Turnovers, 5 Fouls, & only 4 Assists combined.

That is shockingly bad. 1:2 Assist to TO ratio. 20% FG. 0% 3pt.

Something is wrong with Perkins arm and Norvell plays awful vs St Marys.

ZagzKrak
03-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Just to make myself feel better I'm going with we threw the game to let SMC into the dance since we are safely a 1 or 2 seed. :jk:

krozman
03-12-2019, 07:11 PM
guard play was the absolute worst. Few didn't know what to do with that. Terrible on all fronts.

CB4
03-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Worst game of the year. Better now than round 2 of the tournament where the Zags will play a UW caliber opponent. Lots of time to plan for this type of slow pace opposing game plan. Should be a fun March.

raise the zag
03-12-2019, 07:13 PM
I am shell shocked. Too many turnovers and Norvell couldn’t make anything. They all played like they were hung over. Randy Bennett must be so ecstatic tonight.

St Marys and Randy Bennett are going to ride this win for a decade or more...and you know what...much deserved.

They out coached and out played us.

basketballzag
03-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Randy Bennett just said in a nice way that they won tonight because of Norvell.

Outraged
03-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Well Vegas won't go broke. Wow perks and Novel got to shoot the ball 25 times and Clarke and Rui got to shoot it 14.

Malastein
03-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Norvell played poorly, and then got into his own head. He tried to force things, which made it worse. Perkins should’ve been looking more for Rui and Clarke than he was. Norvell put up a fat F, and Perkins a D minus...

jayray
Worst game of the year. Better now than round 2 of the tournament where the Zags will play a UW caliber opponent. Lots of time to plan for this type of slow pace opposing game plan. Should be a fun March.

This would of been a nightmare game in the tournament. I don’t see how this teams does that after the year they had. They also already played St. Mary’s twice so they should have been well prepared for them this time.

Zags11
Randy Bennett just said in a nice way that they won tonight because of Norvell.

Got outcoached too

basketballzag
03-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Well Vegas won't go broke. Wow perks and Novel got to shoot the ball 25 times and Clarke and Rui got to shoot it 14.

I'll make the stats look even worse for Perkins/Norvell tonight--if you add in Clarke/Rui & Tillie/Kispert all together they shot 20 times versus Perkins/Norvell shooting 24 times. This was selfish ball tonight not team ball at all.

TacomaZAG
03-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Can't hang this only on the guards, the only guy who showed up tonight was BC. The entire program stunk tonight, from coach on down. No energy, no urgency, no poise, no fight. Can't understand it. Haven't seen a program effort that bad in at least a decade. This wasn't a loss, this was a complete meltdown from tip to tail.

Better figure it out, and quick......................

Go ZAGS

Plainsman
03-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Well many of us recognized that in past tournaments we often lacked elite guard play necessary to go deep in the Tournament. Has our stellar front court blinded us to the potential that we again may not have the guard play to go deep? Nigel could take over a game offensively and defensively when we neede it-as good as Josh has been, I am still not convinced he can fill shoes that big. And no one else really stepped up with the leadership and toughness we will need to go deep, A very concerning night.

RenoZag
03-12-2019, 07:25 PM
But . . .but. . .the WCC doesn't prepare the Zags for the NCAA tournament. . .

Malastein
03-12-2019, 07:27 PM
I almost wonder if the Zags wanted to make sure St. Mary’s made the dance with how poorly they played versus their best games this year...

CB4
03-12-2019, 07:29 PM
This would of been a nightmare game in the tournament. I don’t see how this teams does that after the year they had. They also already played St. Mary’s twice so they should have been well prepared for them this time.

Agree. But the way I see it is someone would have realized that the way to beat the Zags is an epic slow down of the pace of the game. They would have executed that plan. And if Norvell or JP had an off night like tonight, the Zags would lose under similar circumstances.

What this game really is is a roadmap for other teams to beat the Zags. Fortunately, the Zags coaching staff and players will work on this all week and plan for the slow down, draft some plays and be ready for it come tournament time. The 15 or 16 seed we play will try to slow down the pace, so will the 7, 8 or 9 seed we play. This game will help the Zags get their ducks in a row and prepare for that.

kitzbuel
03-12-2019, 07:30 PM
I almost wonder if the Zags wanted to make sure St. Mary’s made the dance with how poorly they played versus their best games this year...

Lol. Somebody’s bubble just loudly popped.

NEC26
03-12-2019, 07:35 PM
The guard play was awful all night. Inexcusable to not get Clark and Rui more touches where we had a clear advantage and Hunter was in foul trouble all night. The play was just inexplicable really. Just really odd. Also the reffing was not good. The early charge call on Norvell was really odd and they allowed a lot of contact when we had the ball.

basketballzag
03-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Can't hang this only on the guards, the only guy who showed up tonight was BC. The entire program stunk tonight, from coach on down. No energy, no urgency, no poise, no fight. Can't understand it. Haven't seen a program effort that bad in at least a decade. This wasn't a loss, this was a complete meltdown from tip to tail.

Better figure it out, and quick......................

Go ZAGS

The crazy part is that for every shot that Norvell missed tonight (10 missed shots) the Gonzaga Defense stepped up and forced St. Mary's to miss when they got the rebound every single time except for 3 plays in the game (2 points were made on FT shooting and 4 points on 2 other plays). In other words even though he missed 10 shots St. Mary's was only able to capitalize on 3 of those 10 by scoring in transition due to Norvell's missed shot.

Gonzaga struggles against Zone defense and tonight was a great example of how the Zone defense will do them in this year.

NEC26
03-12-2019, 07:41 PM
The crazy part is that for every shot that Norvell missed tonight (10 missed shots) the Gonzaga Defense stepped up and forced St. Mary's to miss when they got the rebound every single time except for 3 plays in the game (2 points were made on FT shooting and 4 points on 2 other plays). In other words even though he missed 10 shots St. Mary's was only able to capitalize on 3 of those 10 by scoring in transition due to Norvell's missed shot.

Gonzaga struggles against Zone defense and tonight was a great example of how the Zone defense will do them in this year.

SMC wasn't playing zone at any point that I can recall.

Chicken Ball
03-12-2019, 07:41 PM
I'll make the stats look even worse for Perkins/Norvell tonight--if you add in Clarke/Rui & Tillie/Kispert all together they shot 20 times versus Perkins/Norvell shooting 24 times. This was selfish ball tonight not team ball at all.

The absolute stats look awful, and Norvell’s lack of conscience can be a blessing or a curse. Better basketball minds than mine can correct me, but it looked to me like our bigs could not get into their usual position to receive the ball tonight. A lot of Perkins’ shots looked, to me, like second or third options because Clarke and Rui were not available to receive his passes. That’s a credit to St. Mary’s defense, and maybe a discredit to our ability to adapt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alum08
03-12-2019, 07:48 PM
The absolute stats look awful, and Norvell’s lack of conscience can be a blessing or a curse. Better basketball minds than mine can correct me, but it looked to me like our bigs could not get into their usual position to receive the ball tonight. A lot of Perkins’ shots looked, to me, like second or third options because Clarke and Rui were not available to receive his passes. That’s a credit to St. Mary’s defense, and maybe a discredit to our ability to adapt.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYeah that's the JR Smith blessing/curse.

basketballzag
03-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Has anyone looked at the Shot Chart tonight for where Gonzaga made their points? [B]Gonzaga made every shot in the Paint EXCEPT for 4 shots which were outside the paint.[B] 14 of our 18 made FGs were in the Paint! Gonzaga missed 10 shots in the Paint and missed another 5 from just outside the paint and we missed 15 shots from outside the Arc.

St. Mary's made every shot in the Paint except for 8 shots which were outside the paint. 15 of St. Mary's 23 made FGs were in the Paint and only 2 were made just ouside the paint but inside the arc. St. Mary's made 4 outside the Arc. St. Mary's missed 14 shots from inside the Paint and 2 shots from outside the paint but inside the arc. St. Mary's also missed 10 shots from outside the arc.

kitzbuel
03-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Good news about this game is that it gives them something to work on for the next week and a half.

MDABE80
03-12-2019, 07:54 PM
We’ll pick it up from here. An opportunity to find out what we’re made of. Our guards haven’t t played this badly in a few years. It happens.Lets not let it happen again. Almost so freakish it must have been some form of intervention to wake the kids up!

Zags11
03-12-2019, 07:56 PM
We’ll pick it up from here. An opportunity to find out what we’re made of. Our guards haven’t t played this badly in a few years. It happens.Lets not let it happen again. Almost so freakish it must have been some form of intervention to wake the kids up!

We have had poor guard play every yr at times. They happen abe. Even the great NWG did and had it in march.

TexasZagFan
03-12-2019, 07:59 PM
We have had poor guard play every yr at times. They happen abe. Even the great NWG did and had it in march.

Rarely works out well for us when our guards play hero ball. That happened with NWG in the title game, it happened with Josh tonight.

All of our miscues will be studied in the video room. We'll be fine.

Zags11
03-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Rarely works out well for us when our guards play hero ball. That happened with NWG in the title game, it happened with Josh tonight.

All of our miscues will be studied in the video room. We'll be fine.

Agree

Hoopaholic
03-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Absolutely disagree. They took shots that were given to them just didn't hit like usual

thespywhozaggedme
03-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Just to make myself feel better I'm going with we threw the game to let SMC into the dance since we are safely a 1 or 2 seed. :jk:

That speculation is running rampant on the inter-webs. I’m starting to buy it myself considering that to Tillie only played five minutes in the second half and we made zero adjustments.

raise the zag
03-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Skipping through the replay now.

Something is up with Perks. Doesn't appear to be grabbing his shoulder, rather his pectoral area, rubbing to several times.

Also, ANY contact made with his right arm or shoulder area, he cringed. Literally throwing the ball away or falling down immediately after. Or not fighting thought the screen on defense as he did all season.

Not assuming injury, but something was up. It clearly effected his game, and subsequently his teammates around him.

He played to protect that arm all game long. Seemed very tense as well. Flashbacks of last season when he would tweak it, but again, seemed lower near his chest area.

Maybe Milehigh can elaborate later this week.

thespywhozaggedme
03-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Something is up with Perks. Doesn't appear to be grabbing his shoulder, rather his pectoral area, rubbing to several times.

Also, ANY contact made with his right arm or shoulder area, he cringed. Literally throwing the ball away or falling down immediately after. Or not fighting thought the screen on defense as he did all season.

Not assuming injury, but something was up. It clearly effected his game, and subsequently his teammates around him.

He played to protect that arm all game long. Seemed very tense as well. Flashbacks of last season when he would tweak it, but again, seemed lower near his chest area.

I commented in the game thread that his three pointer airball looked very suspect, like his shoulder or arm was hurting.

rennis
03-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Well many of us recognized that in past tournaments we often lacked elite guard play necessary to go deep in the Tournament. Has our stellar front court blinded us to the potential that we again may not have the guard play to go deep? Nigel could take over a game offensively and defensively when we neede it-as good as Josh has been, I am still not convinced he can fill shoes that big. And no one else really stepped up with the leadership and toughness we will need to go deep, A very concerning night.

Perkins and Norvell are capable of elite play but they certainly did not play to their abilities tonight. I think they will bounce back for at least a couple of games but when we lose in the NCAA Tourney this topic is sure to be discussed again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDC84
03-12-2019, 08:40 PM
The guards played a big part of it, but it was the whole team. Too many quick shots. Like Few said at half time, when you play a team that plays like UVA, you are playing into their hands by taking quick shots. Zags only had something like 6 assists tonight. That is awful. Zags probably should've have resorted to a full court trap earlier in the 2nd half.

Zagceo
03-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Absolutely disagree. They took shots that were given to them just didn't hit like usual

Snax chucking back to back 3’s and Perk even took a pull up 3 ....1 on 4.

Players forced shots with too much dribble drive with little ball movement. It was ugly team basketball imo

zagzilla
03-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Saw Perk rubbing his right pectoral area too. Yikes.

Malastein
03-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Norvell played one of the worst games I’ve seen from a starting guard in the last 10 years. Has Few ever allowed another player to shoot 1-11 for 2 points, no assists, 2 rebounds, and 3 turnovers in 32 minutes? I can’t recall a single stat line that bad for a Gonzaga player in a long time... Hopefully, it’s his last bad game of the year.

demian
03-12-2019, 09:29 PM
I better employ the 24 hour rule for myself. Let myself calm down before speaking.

soccerdud
03-12-2019, 11:00 PM
But . . .but. . .the WCC doesn't prepare the Zags for the NCAA tournament. . .

Based on tonight's performance, I'd say the WCC doesn't even prepare the zags for the WCC tournament.

MDABE80
03-12-2019, 11:06 PM
We were playing a WCC team Soccs!! lol Looked tough enough to me!!

soccerdud
03-12-2019, 11:34 PM
We were playing a WCC team Soccs!! lol Looked tough enough to me!!

Honest question: was the satirical nature of my post too subtle? Or are you playing along/agreeing?

MDABE80
03-13-2019, 12:53 AM
Those the only choices genius? lol:)

GrizZAG
03-13-2019, 12:57 AM
If it's any consolation, we lost to BYU on senior night in 2017 and ended up playing for a national championship. I'd take that again.

Malastein
03-13-2019, 01:47 AM
If it's any consolation, we lost to BYU on senior night in 2017 and ended up playing for a national championship. I'd take that again.

This game has a similar feeling as that one. There was definitely some frustrating early calls that probably got in their heads. Couple that with Norvell trying to do too much scoring, and not enough else and it was a recipe for an effort like tonight. I think these guys were looking ahead to March more than to push for a win. Let’s hope they turn this into motivation for the next 6 games. Fingers crossed...

strikenowhere
03-13-2019, 04:54 AM
Its an often repeated mantra that the backcourt is what wins the national championship. This game, against a lousy team like St. Mary's, should provide a nice refresher on this. That was the absolute worst game I've ever seen Norvell play, and Perkins only did slightly better. Pack the paint and force the Zags guards to win the game is probably the way teams are going to play them. I get the feeling that if the Zags ran up against Virginia's pack-line defense it would be a slaughter.

raise the zag
03-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Its an often repeated mantra that the backcourt is what wins the national championship. This game, against a lousy team like St. Mary's, should provide a nice refresher on this. That was the absolute worst game I've ever seen Norvell play, and Perkins only did slightly better. Pack the paint and force the Zags guards to win the game is probably the way teams are going to play them. I get the feeling that if the Zags ran up against Virginia's pack-line defense it would be a slaughter.

It would be 70 - 32. that would be my prediction vs Virginia. Virginia is a carbon copy of SMC, yet with better athletes, legit bigs, and even tighter defense. We would be demolished, esp since we can't make a single adjustment -- on offense or defense -- when we face that style.

willandi
03-13-2019, 06:13 AM
It is disconcerting that Zag fans on the Gonzaga board, put the season on a balance scale with 30 wins on one side, 3 losses on the other, and some have decided that this team stinks.
That this team can't play and would lose to almost anybody.

We may, or may not ever, find out if there was anything wrong with any of the players.

Few may, or may not, explain what was going on in his head.

It doesn't matter. This Zag team as played some of the best basketball any Zag team ever has. The season IS NOT OVER. There is another day.

GROW UP!

DixieZag
03-13-2019, 06:51 AM
It is disconcerting that Zag fans on the Gonzaga board, put the season on a balance scale with 30 wins on one side, 3 losses on the other, and some have decided that this team stinks.
That this team can't play and would lose to almost anybody.

We may, or may not ever, find out if there was anything wrong with any of the players.

Few may, or may not, explain what was going on in his head.

It doesn't matter. This Zag team as played some of the best basketball any Zag team ever has. The season IS NOT OVER. There is another day.

GROW UP!

I don't hear people saying there's no hope, the team stinks.

I just hear legit concern about whether the team bounces back.

I'm not that concerned about a "blue print" - everyone had to know that slowing us down and making the guards beat them would be the game plan.

If Josh is hurt, he owes it to himself, to tell everyone, right now, exactly what his limitations are and what he's thinking. If he's grabbing a pec muscle, he needs to pull Rui aside and say "Hey man, you gotta create a bit now, beast mode, I gotta keep in tight" or something.

I think people are mostly handling it okay (all things considered).

Getting beat isn't a problem right now, thankfully, it's how they respond. They responded, that's one thing the WCC doesn't do all that well, prepare us for re-setting after a loss.

Glad we got that out of the system. I have to believe it makes it less likely it happens again.

TexasZagFan
03-13-2019, 07:07 AM

I'm not that concerned about a "blue print" - everyone had to know that slowing us down and making the guards beat them would be the game plan.

If Josh is hurt, he owes it to himself, to tell everyone, right now, exactly what his limitations are and what he's thinking. If he's grabbing a pec muscle, he needs to pull Rui aside and say "Hey man, you gotta create a bit now, beast mode, I gotta keep in tight" or something.

Getting beat isn't a problem right now, thankfully, it's how they respond. They responded, that's one thing the WCC doesn't do all that well, prepare us for re-setting after a loss.

Glad we got that out of the system. I have to believe it makes it less likely it happens again.

An occasional meal of humble pie can be good for the mind and body.

Markburn1
03-13-2019, 07:12 AM
Disagree, Dix.

Way too much handwringing. Too much speculation on injuries.

This team is legit. They have the horses. Coaches will make adjustments.

This game will be a motivator. They will realize they can't just roll the ball on the court and win by 30. Their intensity will return to the level they had against Duke. Nobody will want to be in their bracket.

willandi
03-13-2019, 07:23 AM
It would be 70 - 32. that would be my prediction vs Virginia. Virginia is a carbon copy of SMC, yet with better athletes, legit bigs, and even tighter defense. We would be demolished, esp since we can't make a single adjustment -- on offense or defense -- when we face that style.

This is one quote in this thread. There are others in other threads by other people.

Zagceo
03-13-2019, 07:23 AM
I can’t understand the lack of fight. A 6’1” guard took us to the woodshed time after time deep into shot clock.

Post him up and make him play defense against our bigger guards once....try something different instead of watching our team drown.

We needed Izzo screaming in players faces. I can’t believe I said it

Imbarrassing

TacomaZAG
03-13-2019, 07:24 AM

This is just simple venting after getting our hats handed to us by a vastly inferior team. The team played terrible, coaching was terrible, everything was terrible.............last night. Not the season, not the guys, not the staff.

Just like the team, this board has had nothing to vent about for two months. Maybe we were due for a meltdown as well.

Not the end of the world, just another bump in the road on the way to the ultimate goal. Coach will get the guys back on the rails, like he always does.

Go ZAGS

ZagNick
03-13-2019, 07:58 AM

Terrible guard play ...Perkins, Norvell, Crandall were a combined 5 for 25 ...Perkins took as many shots as Rui and Clarke combined + 5 turnovers ...did what he usually does in big games; poops the bed ...Crandall has been a major disappointment to Zag coaches and fans ....they took poor shots ....needed to get ball inside, Rui and Clarke were 9 for 14 ...outplayed and out coached ...

MileHigh
03-13-2019, 08:05 AM

Yes. Tweeked it against Pepp. Was 50/50 whether he would play against SM but he gave it a go. Nothing serious and he will be 100% by next weekend but he was hurting last night.

Zagceo
03-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Yes. Tweeked it against Pepp. Was 50/50 whether he would play against SM but he gave it a go. Nothing serious and he will be 100% by next weekend but he was hurting last night.

Thanks

FlyZag
03-13-2019, 08:09 AM

Thanks for the insight! We don't need to tell you, as you already know, but you raised a great kid.

thespywhozaggedme
03-13-2019, 08:12 AM

It was pretty obvious when he shot the airball three pointer. The fact that he took so many shots despite the injury is mind boggling. Oh well.

FlyZag
03-13-2019, 08:14 AM
It was pretty obvious when he shot the airball three pointer. The fact that he took so many shots despite the injury is mind boggling. Oh well.

The defense was obviously sagging onto our Bigs.. daring our guards to beat them. I don't fault our guards. They were taking what the defense was giving them. They just had an off night. It happens.

JAGzag
03-13-2019, 08:15 AM

That is great to hear. As we saw last night, this team runs threw Perks. His pain was the thing that kept me up last night. Glad he’ll be ready to go!!

MileHigh
03-13-2019, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the insight! We don't need to tell you, as you already know, but you raised a great kid.

I didnt raise him. Just coached him and real close to him. But thanks anyway!

DixieZag
03-13-2019, 08:31 AM
This is one quote in this thread. There are others in other threads by other people.

I read that only as "if they played like they did last night against UVA, then …"

I see your point, though.

Let's put it this way, on the whole, I'm heartened by the lack of panic.

We'll see. It does go to show how much this team had spoiled us, I mean no one saw that coming.

Zagceo
03-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Imagine Few sat Perk with a sore shoulder against SMC...might have triggered NCAA investigation into Russian mob interference! :lmao:

jazzdelmar
03-13-2019, 10:58 AM
As opposed to....?

Imagine Few sat Perk with a sore shoulder against SMC...might have triggered NCAA investigation into Russian mob interference! :lmao:

Zagceo
03-13-2019, 11:03 AM
As opposed to....?

resting Perks sore shoulder that got tweaked against Pep....per Miles

jazzdelmar
03-13-2019, 11:14 AM
No, I mean conspiracy theory A vs conspiracy theory B.

resting Perks sore shoulder that got tweaked against Pep....per Miles

Zagceo
03-13-2019, 11:17 AM

money grab for WCC

gonwick
03-13-2019, 11:53 AM
Dumb question. If Perkins was hurt, why not make that known widely, especially if he will recover by the tournament? The committee supposedly considers injuries in seeding. If that can take some of the blame for this loss and preserve a 1 seed, why wouldn't the program put this out there?

Goshzagit
03-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Dumb question. If Perkins was hurt, why not make that known widely, especially if he will recover by the tournament? The committee supposedly considers injuries in seeding. If that can take some of the blame for this loss and preserve a 1 seed, why wouldn't the program put this out there?

Not our style. Also, not Perkins' style either. A no excuses kinda guy.

He has dealt with a bum shoulder since HS. He's is used to compensating and playing around it.

I agree though, something is wrong with it, at least last night.

Outraged
03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
I don't know Those Refs had me thinking about cospracy Theory "C". Just for a moment though:

The public is on the Zags, but we took a big sharp bet on Saint Mary’s,” Caesars Entertainment sportsbook risk manager Jeff Davis said. “We kind of went to 15 when no one else was there just to see if there was some interest in Saint Mary’s because the avalanche of Gonzaga money was coming.

“We’re still going to need Saint Mary’s, but knowing that bet is there makes me feel a little bit more comfortable.”

willandi
03-13-2019, 05:30 PM
I read that only as "if they played like they did last night against UVA, then …"

I see your point, though.

Let's put it this way, on the whole, I'm heartened by the lack of panic.

We'll see. It does go to show how much this team had spoiled us, I mean no one saw that coming.

I didn't cut any of his response off.

He said Virginia would beat the Zags 70-32. No qualifiers.

If you read something into that, I know a good proofreader I can recommend! LOL

DixieZag
03-13-2019, 05:54 PM
I didn't cut any of his response off.

He said Virginia would beat the Zags 70-32. No qualifiers.

If you read something into that, I know a good proofreader I can recommend! LOL

You know "the best proof-reader" - LOL.

Well, Will, when your number one ranked team that looked unstoppable offensively all year plays its worst game of the year, failing to make 50 points which it often had by halftime throughout the year, including against SMC, all in the last game prior to the tournament, there is going to be some …. "concern"? … "analysis"? …. let's just say it will be "noted."

Again, I'll just say that this Board has handled losses in the past with less "mature reflection" than we're seeing today. Some hyperbole is to be expected. IT's better than kicking the dog.

My dad used to have a saying "Nothing in life is ever quite as good as it seems or as bad as it seems as it happens in real time." We had a lot of "morning afters" where we discussed our 11 future NBA players, so maybe this just balances some of those out. :)

willandi
03-13-2019, 05:59 PM
I agree. I don't have a problem with some honest critique and criticism.

The sky is falling mentality should not be here until it actually falls.