PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

PilotNut
02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Here's to a good game tonight...

(1) It looks like Mallon is out, so GU is thin down low. Will the Pilots be able to win the battle on the boards? And points in the paint?

(2) GU will rely heavily on perimeter shooting, so will DRav or Bouldin shoot lights out? Will Cooper/Ito do the same?

(3) Will UP be able to avoid the dreadful play (turnovers, poor shooting) on the road that has dogged us all season?

(4) Crowd. UP needs to keep composure when the crowd kicks it into high gear. Emotions will be high... senior night... crowd will be in it for sure.

D Hark 2003
02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I think Micah Downs is going to bust some a** tonight as he looks like he is becoming more and more comfortable as he gets more experience and playing time with his new squad. Derek will also play on emotion and dominate like he is very capable of doing.

Look for Mallon to bring a Willis Reed like performance to the court, he is a senior and i think he is going to contribute a little bit on the court.

meadgrad02
02-19-2007, 12:21 PM
So many great memories with these two special players. We will definitely miss them in the future. I wish them both the very best in their future endevours. Godspeed boys...

SWZag
02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Personally, I hope GU gets a fair size lead and lets Mallon rest the injury. We'll need him more than ever during the conference tourney and beyond. It's not worth the risk of injuring it further. I would hope Burgess and Foster can provide, at least, several minutes off the bench to relieve our thin frontline.

SWZag

madness
02-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Here's to a good game tonight...

(2) GU will rely heavily on perimeter shooting, so will DRav or Bouldin shoot lights out? Will Cooper/Ito do the same?

Few has made it clear that Pargo/DRav/Bouldin should drive and try to draw fouls rather than pull up (unless wide open like Pendo).

Unfortunately the only guard that looks to dish off the dribble is PMAC and he's not seeing the court right now.

Thomas_Sutpen
02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

Love your Pre quote--I like this one:

"I'm going to work so that it's a pure guts race at the end, and if it is, I am the only one who can win it."

and this one:

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 meter race after running an easy 2 miles. Not with me. If I lose forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself."

sittingon50
02-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Looks like you called it D Hark.

Impressive athlete. Really looks like he's buying in on the defensive end.

D Hark 2003
02-20-2007, 07:29 AM
I saw flashes of his skill in a few games earlier and especially against Memphis, I could tell it was only a matter of time before Downs had a break out game. I hope he keeps it up.

former1dog
02-20-2007, 07:37 AM
D Hark 2003 = Zag Basketball Nostradamus :D

D Hark 2003
02-20-2007, 07:42 AM
:D call it what you want, everyone should have seen it coming he is a baller... a the first McDonalds All American in a zags Uniform its going to be fun watching him grow up as a Bulldog...