PDA

View Full Version : Corey Kispert submits another workmanlike effort for Gonzaga in takedown of Pepperdin

TexasZagFan
03-12-2019, 07:44 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/mar/11/corey-kispert-submits-another-workmanlike-effort-f/

“I was proud of him tonight, he really did a lot of good things tonight defensively,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “He sat down defensively and guarded and made some plays off the ball that he hasn’t been making.”

Nice read, hopefully this puts to rest the negative comments directed Corey's way.

gonzagafan62
03-12-2019, 07:58 AM
It’s a nice step. Hopefully he doubles down tonight

willandi
03-12-2019, 08:02 AM
I thought he had a great game, and was 2-4 from three...until the wholesale substitutions at the end. Then he jacked up three 3-s out of the flow. I would much rather have seen him pass or drive and dish there. Get some of the other subs more involved.

raise the zag
03-12-2019, 08:05 AM
pepperdine tried to pick on him all night long, I thought he handled it very well all things considered.

Definitely his best game over the past month and half, Coach Michaelson spoke post-game about getting Corey back into playing again and out of his recent slump.

it was a nice effort, and significantly better defensively. I sincerely hope it continues, as any sort of defense is better than no hand up or around the play or his man whatsoever.

JPtheBeasta
03-12-2019, 09:48 AM
He has a talent for blocking shots.

GoZags
03-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Not sure Corey will ever measure up to some of our expert’s hopes and expectations. But to me, he’s a true Zag (with the exception of the flexing thing).

sittingon50
03-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Not sure Corey will ever measure up to some of our expert’s hopes and expectations. But to me, he’s a true Zag (with the exception of the flexing thing).

+1 (on all 3 points)

Reborn
03-12-2019, 11:37 AM

Great post GoZags!!!

Zagger
03-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Corey is an integral part of the team/machine. When you’re playing with such high caliber talent in the starting lineup it sure helps to be a known teammate who can help with passing, etc. If other Zags find themselves being double teamed in the Dance Corey is savvy and plenty good enough to make the defense pay.