Tom Izzo
Nate Oats
Matt Painter
Kelvin Sampson
Roy Williams
Mike Young

tempe85
03-12-2019, 05:56 AM
Few is not going to win. But us winning Maui after Tillie went down was nothing short of coaching brilliance. We are still the only team to beat a full strength Duke and we were short handed! And I think with all of Duke's injury issues and poor play to end the season people forget how ridiculously good a full strength Duke is. Probably second most talented team in the country outside of a full strength Gonzaga.

CDC84
03-12-2019, 09:19 AM
I am SHOCKED Chris Mack is not on this list. He took over a Louisville team that was expected to do nothing in the ACC. He largely used players he didn't recruit. Moreover, Louisville had such bad brand name recognition after the Pitino scandal.

Painter lost almost his entire team from last year and managed to share the Big 10 title. He will be there. He's the guy I would probably go with.

I tend to favor coaches who take a team that was expected to do very little and made it do a lot. There are exceptions. I felt Few deserved the 2017 award because his team had such an exceptional regular season......not losing a single game until the last game of the regular season. Plus, it was an award he had never attained.

MickMick
03-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Of course I want Mark Few to win it.

But my second choice would be Chris Beard. This may be one of Roy Williams better coaching performances as well. Did you know that there is not a single Tar Heel on the first, second, or third All American teams (so far)? No lottery picks. Might not even be a first rounder except for the one freshman guard (possibly if he stays another year and improves).

PfIdZag
03-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Of course I want Mark Few to win it.

No lottery picks. Might not even be a first rounder except for the one freshman guard (possibly if he stays another year and improves).

Nas Little is absolutely a lottery pick and freshman guard Coby White will most likely be taken in the lottery also.