• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baitcast
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2007

My thought for the day

Its that time of year again and wouldn't you know it my blood pressure is up just like last year and the year before and its the Zags and this sites fault......info overload...its always the same now its Vegas,the Dance,Tillies ankle foot! No.1,to much time off,has Petro got it or not? a possible flu epidemic!!

My Doc has told me many times Rob relax, avoid stressful situations and I tell him "But Doc its the Zags and its March" he is from Pakistan and they don't play much BB so not much help there.

So all I have left is Reborn, he will explain everything and I can relax for now but when its game time I will have to fend for myself. GO ZAGS
    Rob
  • hockeyzag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Jul 2007

I know the feeling, NOTHING gets my heart racing like the Zags in the NCAA tournament. I live and die with every possession.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

"The waiting is the hardest part"...…..RIP Tom Petty

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Each year the arms on my TV game chair keep getting more and more torn and worn out. The stress causes my hands to automatically grip on to them like I'm in an airplane that's crashing. My doctor cannot stop the condition. And no matter how much I yell at the referees, they don't seem to stop making bad calls.

Comment

• 229SintoZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
          Each year the arms on my TV game chair keep getting more and more torn and worn out. The stress causes my hands to automatically grip on to them like I'm in an airplane that's crashing. My doctor cannot stop the condition. And no matter how much I yell at the referees, they don't seem to stop making bad calls.
          Have they made the first two days of the tournament a holiday yet? If not--WHY NOT?

I can think of nothing that would make America greater.....

This is the best time of year and we are on the eve of the best sporting event in the world.

I have changed my iphone ringer to the CBS March Madness theme song.....

Comment

• TacomaZAG
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Best week of the year coming up...........................NCAA Finals, The Masters, Opening Day of MLB.

Doesn't get any better than that!! Especially if the ZAGS are still in it.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
              Have they made the first two days of the tournament a holiday yet? If not--WHY NOT?

This is the best time of year and we are on the eve of the best sporting event in the world.

I don't think I've missed a NCAA tournament day in the last twenty years. I have been lucky to have worked in a profession where I could take time off if I wanted to. And I did. I always felt a little guilty about it because I was taking what's called sick leave, and I wasn't sick. But for some reason the guilt always wore off by the second game of the day. I have always felt bad for those of you who love the game like I do but have to work and can't get off. It must be really, really, really hard. I'm sure if I were in that kind of box, I'd have to sneak a radio into my classroom. Nowadays, I think you have the games on your phones; so maybe it'll work out for you.

I'm retired now so I don't have to worry about feeling guilty any more. I'm hoping that as I confess my sins of lying in the past, that'll you'll understand and forgive me.

I certainly can understand why so many are so nervous because the games this year will all be so very difficult. The games in this tournament get harder every year because of the parity in NCAA basketball. I think of how close all of the games have been this week, and really this year for everyone accept maybe for Gonzaga. And all the upsets. There are going to be a lot of upsets, as usual, in the tournament. I think the most solid teams in the tournament are Gonzaga and Virginia. I believe that these are the two of the four teams who will survive. I don't think the other #1 seeds will be in the Finals. And honestly it's no revelation really because that's how it is most years (two #1's making it to the Final 4.

However, the games are going to be nail biters; so get ready. I've been practicing up on my meditations and deep breathing exercises. I can't drink so I've had to find alternative methods of relaxing. And CDC, yes yelling at refs is one of my greatest releases of tension....Cheering, thinking positive, saying positive things to the Gonzaga players, and holding hands with my family who watches with me and yes we do cheer loudly the last few minutes of the game. Our favorite cheer is "Defense hey hey defense. We say it over and over again until we get the rebound. We also have a method of jinxing the opponent foul shooters and yes IT DOES WORK. i DON'T THINK I could watch one of these games alone. My family has been my strength.

Go Zags!!!
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                I don't think I've missed a NCAA tournament day in the last twenty years. I have been lucky to have worked in a profession where I could take time off if I wanted to. And I did. I always felt a little guilty about it because I was taking what's called sick leave, and I wasn't sick. But for some reason the guilt always wore off by the second game of the day. I have always felt bad for those of you who love the game like I do but have to work and can't get off. It must be really, really, really hard. I'm sure if I were in that kind of box, I'd have to sneak a radio into my classroom. Nowadays, I think you have the games on your phones; so maybe it'll work out for you.

I'm retired now so I don't have to worry about feeling guilty any more. I'm hoping that as I confess my sins of lying in the past, that'll you'll understand and forgive me.

I certainly can understand why so many are so nervous because the games this year will all be so very difficult. The games in this tournament get harder every year because of the parity in NCAA basketball. I think of how close all of the games have been this week, and really this year for everyone accept maybe for Gonzaga. And all the upsets. There are going to be a lot of upsets, as usual, in the tournament. I think the most solid teams in the tournament are Gonzaga and Virginia. I believe that these are the two of the four teams who will survive. I don't think the other #1 seeds will be in the Finals. And honestly it's no revelation really because that's how it is most years (two #1's making it to the Final 4.

However, the games are going to be nail biters; so get ready. I've been practicing up on my meditations and deep breathing exercises. I can't drink so I've had to find alternative methods of relaxing. And CDC, yes yelling at refs is one of my greatest releases of tension....Cheering, thinking positive, saying positive things to the Gonzaga players, and holding hands with my family who watches with me and yes we do cheer loudly the last few minutes of the game. Our favorite cheer is "Defense hey hey defense. We say it over and over again until we get the rebound. We also have a method of jinxing the opponent foul shooters and yes IT DOES WORK. i DON'T THINK I could watch one of these games alone. My family has been my strength.

Go Zags!!!
                “I’ve been practicing up on my meditations.” Don’t forget your medications!

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
                  “I’ve been practicing up on my meditations.” Don’t forget your medications!
                  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Thanks for the good laugh.

Comment

• Zags11
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Can't miss first two days!

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2015

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Thanks for the good laugh.
                      Hey, if you don’t forget yours, I won’t forget mine!

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

I won't forget mine. I really do need them. haha

Comment

• willandi
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by baitcast View Post
                          Its that time of year again and wouldn't you know it my blood pressure is up just like last year and the year before and its the Zags and this sites fault......info overload...its always the same now its Vegas,the Dance,Tillies ankle foot! No.1,to much time off,has Petro got it or not? a possible flu epidemic!!

My Doc has told me many times Rob relax, avoid stressful situations and I tell him "But Doc its the Zags and its March" he is from Pakistan and they don't play much BB so not much help there.

So all I have left is Reborn, he will explain everything and I can relax for now but when its game time I will have to fend for myself. GO ZAGS
                          Rob
                          They are avid fans of Cricket...at least some of them are. Find out where he is from and do a little research, then go in and talk glowingly about his local teams biggest adversary.

He will understand then.
                          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post

I am burning 2 vacation days 3/28,29 so I can watch all the Sweet 16 matchups which are imo the best round of games in the whole tourney. Then I got a text from my best friend from college; after literally inviting them regularly for 3 years to break away from winter in Boston and come visit and stay w us in Savannah GA, they are flying down for a visit from 3/27-30. Ughhhhhh
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2013

And CDC, yes yelling at refs is one of my greatest releases of tension....Cheering, thinking positive, saying positive things to the Gonzaga players, and holding hands with my family who watches with me and yes we do cheer loudly the last few minutes of the game. Our favorite cheer is "Defense hey hey defense. We say it over and over again until we get the rebound. We also have a method of jinxing the opponent foul shooters and yes IT DOES WORK. i DON'T THINK I could watch one of these games alone. My family has been my strength.

Go Zags!!!
                              LOL ... it would be interesting to see Reborn watch a game with his family. I'm not sure what I would be more riveted by.. Reborn or the game.

Like the rest of you, this is my favorite time of year. Work productivity is non-existent. Once brackets and game times are announced I'll usually figure out a way to skip work at least for the GU games.

GO ZAGS

Comment

Working...
                              X