PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga’s First NCAA Tournament win

gonzagafan62
03-06-2019, 06:47 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdOYM4868iQ

Since it’s finally March, I found this gem by Krem 2, uploaded by one of our very friends on this board. Name escapes me. Maybe DarkNightZag or something? Sorry if I didn’t get your name right, it’s been awhile since we’ve talked. Lol

Anyway, this broadcast was awesome. It’s a six minute watch, and if you do have the time for it, it’s a must watch.

roxdoc
03-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Fun- Familiar faces - Announcer Nadine just retired about a week ago and Hudson, who does not look any older, doing a great job on Zag radio!

BayAreaZagFan
03-06-2019, 11:31 AM
Yes, it was good to see Nadine and Charles again. And I honestly don't remember Mark Holyoak, but what a comment to open his story with -

"Note the date: March 11, 1999. GU's first-ever NCAA victory."

Who in their right mind could have foreseen what was to come?

gonzagafan62
03-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Yes, it was good to see Nadine and Charles again. And I honestly don't remember Mark Holyoak, but what a comment to open his story with -

"Note the date: March 11, 1999. GU's first-ever NCAA victory."

Who in their right mind could have foreseen what was to come?

Honestly, not me.. it’s just crazy what has transpired in darn near 20 years. When I started in 04, I never dreamed of what has happened since 04. Just literally incredible

stevet75
03-06-2019, 02:17 PM
I remember hoping that the Zags would have a couple more good years before they faded back to their usual middle of the WCC finish. I was hoping for a couple of WCC championships, and a win or two in the tournament.
I wonder how much I could have won if I could have bet a $1.00 on the Zags having a 20+ year run, and being number one in the country multiple times. Of course, even if that bet was available I wouldn't have made it.