PDA

View Full Version : A little warm up for this evening

kdaleb
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Nine years later. The adrenalin still pumps. A moment that changed our lives.

The Runner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdXeWvucvH8)

HillBillyZag
11-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Man, that last shot still gives me goosebumps!! This was really the game that started GU on the road to renown. Soon we will cap it off with a Div.1 Crown! "The slipper not only still fits, soon we will get the Gucci's!!

former1dog
11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Recalling when I watched that moment live, I totally lost track of the fact that even though Casey made the tip in, there was still plenty of time left on the clock and they still could have made the final shot and beat us.

Anyone else lose track of that fact as well when you were in the moment?

I guess I was so busy jumping up and down and whooping and hollering I lost my concentration.

TRhyno
11-07-2007, 11:55 AM
"Gonzaga, The Slipper still fits" has to be one of the greatest phrases in Zag history. It exemplifies the fact that we are not going away anytime soon.

lawzag
11-07-2007, 12:04 PM
My heart started pumping & I got all short of breath... all over again...just like the first time I saw it happen.... WOW!

Here we go again Zags!

strawzag
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Recalling when I watched that moment live, I totally lost track of the fact that even though Casey made the tip in, there was still plenty of time left on the clock and they still could have made the final shot and beat us.

I guess I was so busy jumping up and down and whooping and hollering I lost my concentration.

Umm yeah, i think half my friends couldnt have even told you there was another shot, we were all out the basement door of C/M running for crosby right after the tip, amazing moment!

Frazzle
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM

Yes. In fact, I think the whole bar at Jack and Dan's lost track of that fact. I remember looking up as the shot was heading to the back of the iron and clanked off. Amazing stuff. Right ZagAddict and Kyledixon?

SamwiseTheZag
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Being there was the best sports fan moment of my life...

The victory lap around America West Arena was still one of the coolest things as a fan I have ever done.

lothar98zag
11-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Being there was the best sports fan moment of my life...
ditto

Scotto
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Nobody does it better on TV than Gus Johnson.

Sidenote... Nice to be back after my suspension. ;)