SI Darkhorse Dozen: 12 Underrated Players Primed to Become Breakout Stars in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags_Fanatic
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2012

SI Darkhorse Dozen: 12 Underrated Players Primed to Become Breakout Stars in March

The Zag on this list might surprise you but I'm glad to see the media is paying attention.

• Corky
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    The Zag on this list might surprise you but I'm glad to see the media is paying attention.

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...anuel-quickley
    I think he will be very important in the tournament.

Comment

• former1dog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Jonathan Williams would have been on this list prior to the final 4 run.

Comment

• caldwellzag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2018

When you said you won't guess who is on the list I thought it would be Corey, but Jeremy will be a critical part to our deep run, as his defense and rebounding in limited minutes will be huge.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Energy level? Kinda cancels the article’s whole conceit. If it said team player, rebounder, sniper from 3, ok. But energy?

Comment

• tinfoilzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Energy level? Kinda cancels the article’s whole conceit. If it said team player, rebounder, sniper from 3, ok. But energy?
            Jeremy's expression and stoicism on court betray his performance IMO. He's kinda got the Sleepy Sam Perkins vibe.
            The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• raise the zag
              Zag for Life
              • May 2011

Surprisingly, Jones has TWO double doubles this season in limited mins.

The other guy playing his same position and more mins(26.4 mpg) has never had ONE.

Jones also 10-19 from 3pt this yr. Limited attempts but still impressive.

Jones also had a couple games with 5 assists. Most other player has is 4 asts with nearly double the mins.

Most TO's Jones has had in a game is 1....never had 2.

Point is, Jones is a pretty darn efficient player in limited mins.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...anuel-quickley
                Thanks for posting ZF. I’m real happy for Jeremy Jones to get some recognition. Nice!
                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• GrizZAG
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by tinfoilzag View Post
                  Jeremy's expression and stoicism on court betray his performance IMO. He's kinda got the Sleepy Sam Perkins vibe.
                  This how I see it. His level of play is excellent since he has had floor time. His vibe is certainly deceiving. His look is somewhat apathetic but his play is strong and confident. I love seeing him get that recognition. He takes opponents by surprise and he's a fighter.
                  One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

he's the perfect role/bench guy...knows his role, is highly efficient and while he isn't likely to make a big impact, also won't do anything to hurt you

Comment

• former1dog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                      This how I see it. His level of play is excellent since he has had floor time. His vibe is certainly deceiving. His look is somewhat apathetic but his play is strong and confident. I love seeing him get that recognition. He takes opponents by surprise and he's a fighter.
                      I am certain that Jeremy was the kind of football player that simply handed the ball to the ref after a touchdown and jogged off the field, with the same look he had on his face as when they were doing warm ups.

Comment

• Zagsker
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2008

Jones is a dude a like rooting for, does his work, doesn't ##### about petty things...just puts in work
                        I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• Zagsker
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                          I am certain that Jeremy was the kind of football player that simply handed the ball to the ref after a touchdown and jogged off the field, with the same look he had on his face as when they were doing warm ups.
                          Yup, just plays
                          I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Jan 2013

I think Jeremy is amazing. Hard to ruffle him. Calm and great on D

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

He also makes free throws. Could be the difference maker in a big game. You can have him out there at crunch time.

Comment

Working...
                              X