PDA

View Full Version : If you're not in the whelping box every day, you're missing out; potential HUGE news

thespywhozaggedme
02-19-2019, 06:21 AM
I'm on that forum more than this one nowadays. Some of our more tech savvy members found some very exciting tweets and IG messages by our most recent recruits yesterday. Check it out. Mods, if you could leave this here for a while to help direct traffic there that would be great because if it's moved there right away, those that don't go there won't see it because they don't go there. Thanks

zag67
02-19-2019, 06:44 AM
I agree it is fun to read

DixieZag
02-19-2019, 06:56 AM
I am fully supportive of having the dedicated recruiting forum in principle.

In practice, it leaves me forgetting its there and missing many plots and twists.

I don't even know if Suggs and STrawthers are HS seniors or juniors.

former1dog
02-19-2019, 06:59 AM
I don't even know if Suggs and STrawthers are HS seniors or juniors.

Juniors.

The Whelping Box, other than the name, is my new favorite forum on GUBoards.

CaldwellZag is a wealth of information over there.

jazzdelmar
02-19-2019, 07:03 AM
Can any of them get eligible in about a week?

thespywhozaggedme
02-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Can any of them get eligible in about a week?

ha!

Zagceo
02-19-2019, 07:41 AM
Spy you on commission?

over here the recruits would get buried so fast off the first page people became lost and disinterested.

I think name is clever and appropriate. Great job Zag Team especially CaldwellZag

thespywhozaggedme
02-19-2019, 07:44 AM
Spy you on commission?

over here the recruits would get buried so fast off the first page people became lost and disinterested.

I think name is clever and appropriate. Great job Zag Team especially CaldwellZag

The only perk that I get is they let me keep posting here despite myself. Just love our Zags, that's all.

Robzagnut
02-19-2019, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the reminder. It sucks that the recruit info got moved. I never go there unless reminded, because my link goes straight to the main topic. Poor choice. It wasn't broke, but they 'tried' to fix it. Boo!

hooter73
02-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Dont love the name, but love the subforum.

23dpg
02-19-2019, 09:28 AM
The info on the Whelping Box is amazing. I’m not sure how Tommy Llo........er Caldwellzag (just a joke) gets all his info. Definitely a must check source every day now.

SLOZag
02-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Spy you on commission?

:000tens:

zagbeliever
02-19-2019, 10:37 AM
With Dominic Harris getting those two would be amazing!!!!!

webspinnre
02-19-2019, 11:11 AM
I love that I've got a one-spot stop to finding all the recruiting news, instead of having to search through dozens of threads on the main forum. Don't love the name, but don't have any better ideas.

Birddog
02-19-2019, 11:12 AM
I guess I'm an outlier as I seldom if ever read recruiting posts when they were on the MBB Board. Now I find myself checking the Box almost every day.

OCzag
02-19-2019, 11:51 AM
The info on the Whelping Box is amazing. Iím not sure how Tommy Llo........er Caldwellzag (just a joke) gets all his info. Definitely a must check source every day now.

This might be my new favorite conspiracy. Coach Lloyd, while on 10-14 hr flights to europe or Asia, spends his spare time throwing info starved fans a few bones...

Robzagnut
02-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Dont love the name, but love the subforum.

So, if Ballo signs does it get announced on the main topic or the Whelping Box? If the Whelping Box, then there will be another topic saying, "Go to the Whelping Box for Ballo news!" and there will be two threads on one topic?

thespywhozaggedme
02-19-2019, 03:13 PM
So, if Ballo signs does it get announced on the main topic or the Whelping Box? If the Whelping Box, then there will be another topic saying, "Go to the Whelping Box for Ballo news!" and there will be two threads on one topic?

Just make a habit of going to the Whelping Box first, before the main board. That's what I do every day, or should I say more accurately, every 5 minutes.

caldwellzag
02-20-2019, 07:43 AM
The info on the Whelping Box is amazing. I’m not sure how Tommy Llo........er Caldwellzag (just a joke) gets all his info. Definitely a must check source every day now.

Thanks guys for the kind words, but no I am not Tommy let's put that new conspiracy theory to bed early. I have made some great relationships and get information to pass on and other information I can't pass on currently, but when I get the okay I do. GU is a special place and we all want to help my these boards a better place too!

HenneZag
02-20-2019, 09:01 AM
My favorite section of the boards!:clap:

ZagzKrak
02-20-2019, 09:49 AM
I check out this forum daily but I did have a chuckle that this thread telling people to check out the Whelping forum got moved into the Whelping forum. Kinda defeats the purpose of this thread.

thespywhozaggedme
02-20-2019, 10:39 AM
I check out this forum daily but I did have a chuckle that this thread telling people to check out the Whelping forum got moved into the Whelping forum. Kinda defeats the purpose of this thread.

I put that very point in the op. To the mods credit, they did let it sit on the main board for most of the day, but...yeah. lol

caldwellzag
02-20-2019, 10:51 AM
I put that very pointy in the op. To the mods credit, they did let it sit on the main board for most of the day, but...yeah. lol

I kind of laughed too, as I only have mod controls on this board not the main one, so I saw it over here and was like Spy was trying to get us some press now it's on this board!

sittingon50
02-20-2019, 10:54 AM

With the folks that are running around here (myself included) there will in all likelihood be 3 or 4 threads going.

caldwellzag
02-20-2019, 11:21 AM
With the folks that are running around here (myself included) there will in all likelihood be 3 or 4 threads going.

And I get the privilege of merging them! Hopefully when news breaks we can just keep it in Ballo's personal thread!

slickguser
02-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Just have to throw in my comment as well. I now checkout this board every time I check out the men's board. I now care and seek out information about the recruits. Caldwellzag has done a super job with curating all of the information. I am at the point that it seems crazy that there was not always a board for recruits. It is fantastic.

And I like the board name! Nurture those pups into the big bulldogs!

Zagceo
02-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Just have to throw in my comment as well. I now checkout this board every time I check out the men's board. I now care and seek out information about the recruits. Caldwellzag has done a super job with curating all of the information. I am at the point that it seems crazy that there was not always a board for recruits. It is fantastic.

agree 100% so nice and organized....thanks again CaldwellZag

almost 7000 posts in such a short period

sittingon50
02-20-2019, 01:34 PM

+3

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-20-2019, 03:10 PM

Same here. I love it and read Whelping Box forum daily as well.

Thanks for taking the initiative and effort to set this up Caldwell. I canít understand all the angst about it coming from some members. If you know how to click on a thread topic to open and read it, you can click on a Forum to open and read it too. Whatís the issue?

kitzbuel
02-20-2019, 03:13 PM

Thanks for taking the initiative and effort to set this up Caldwell. I can’t understand all the angst about it coming from some members. If you know how to click on a thread topic to open and read it, you can click on a Forum to open and read it too. What’s the issue?

It's like having two Christmas presents instead of one!

Zagceo
02-20-2019, 03:31 PM

Thanks for taking the initiative and effort to set this up Caldwell. I can’t understand all the angst about it coming from some members. If you know how to click on a thread topic to open and read it, you can click on a Forum to open and read it too. What’s the issue?

obstinate

Mantua
02-21-2019, 12:24 PM
The Whelping Box has been my favorite forum lately.