PDA

View Full Version : Huskies lose to D-2 SPU

Angelo Roncalli
11-07-2007, 05:39 AM
The Zags play the Huskies on Monday night. Looks like a great opportunity for a smack down.

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/110707aae.html

Nevtelen
11-07-2007, 07:17 AM
SPU outscored UW 32-28 in the paint and turned 26 Husky miscues into 30 points. The Falcons also outshot UW from the perimeter, sinking nine three-pointers while the Huskies managed just two. Magnuson and senior guard Jackie Hollands each had four treys for the Falcons.

Wow. 26 turnovers. Ouch. And getting beat in the paint by a D-II team, while not shooting well from 3.

Zagfan
11-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Watched the game....a lot of turnovers!!! Zags have a great opportunity on Monday night!

Oldsport
11-07-2007, 11:18 AM
UW women's "NEW" basketball program got off to a shaky start, for sure. I know Katelan Redmon and she must be depressed due to her performance in her first start in collegiate basketball. The Huskies may come to GU with an ax to grind. Katelan doesn't want to look bad in front of her hometown crowd. I expect she will have large crowd of support behind the UW bench. The new coach for UW finds herself under a lot of pressure after this loss. UW will be ready to play Monday night or maybe the university will start considering a replacement coach earlier than they thought.

Looking at this match-up next Monday, in future hindsight,...may prove to be the "BIG Game" that is looked upon at the end of the season. It could be a big stepping stone for the Lady Zags but don't rule out the ugly, "Woulda-Shoulda-Coulda" game.

We need to fill the McCarthey Athletic Center with RED on Monday night.

GO LADY ZAGS!

sittingon50
11-08-2007, 09:22 PM
SPU is a good program & ewe dub is breaking in a new system. I would expect the Lady Zags to have the advantage early in the year.

Oldsport
11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
The 88-61 loss Saturday adds fuel for Monday night's game with our Lady Zags. Spokane's Katelan Redmon was high scorer for UW with 19 points. If we consider her 8-14 from the floor, 3-6 3-pointers, and 6 defensive rebounds she had a good game. I am glad! I will go so far as to hope she has a great game against us,...as long as we win by 30 points. ha! The way the Huskies are starting out, Katelan will get all the floor-time she wants this season.

I hope everyone can be at the game Monday night. If you know me, please stop by and say hello.

Go Lady Zags! Go! Fight! Win! Improve with every game!

kjstoph1
11-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Going to game tonight to watch my neighbor play for the huskies against the Zag women with lots of local players....

I'm wearing my Coug stuff.

a13coach
11-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Going to game tonight to watch my neighbor play for the huskies against the Zag women with lots of local players....

I'm wearing my Coug stuff.

Conflicted? You need to see a psychiatrist and quick. Something very wrong and evil about wearing WussU gear to the Kennel.

Nevtelen
11-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Nice ads for the women's game tonight on tv during the men's game yesterday. This could be the first year of something huge for the women's squad with all the talent they have. Best of luck to them against U-Dub tonight!

kjstoph1
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Conflicted? You need to see a psychiatrist and quick. Something very wrong and evil about wearing WussU gear to the Kennel.

Wearing the Lewis & Clark black.