PDA

View Full Version : Did Recruits Attend Last Night’s Game?

TravelinZag
02-10-2019, 07:39 AM
I noted a thread on this topic was closed, and assume something was objectionable. Attending an event with several thousand others does not confer an expectation of privacy. Which recruits were there?

Moderators: if my post is out of hand, please tell us why?

amaronizag
02-10-2019, 07:46 AM
I was a long ways away, but I was almost positive I saw Suggs sitting in the front row by the tunnel next to the Zags bench. The guy in a red hat a couple of seats away may have been Strawther. I watched them all night. They interacted a lot and were amazed at the Zag performance. From their reactions to plays, I think they were mightily impressed. I didn't hear the Kennel Club acknowledge them, but I could have missed it. I taped the game and will watch it today and see if I can pick anything up from the Kennel Club or see any close up camera shots to confirm it was Strawther.

TexasZagFan
02-10-2019, 07:59 AM
From SSF:

Gonzaga hosted 5-star 2020 recruits Julian Strawther and Jalen Suggs in The Kennel tonight for their official visits. That performance should give them a lot to think about when they visualize what they want out of their collegiate experiences. Some may question whether blowing out one of the supposed better conference foes may be detrimental to a recruit’s impression of the quality of the competition, but if we’re being honest, these guys already have a negative impression of the WCC. Getting a really competitive game from SMC probably isn’t going to change that.

What is probably more important to them is (1) how does Gonzaga’s style of play suit their respective skill sets; (2) will they get better playing for this coaching staff; (3) are they going to have opportunities to play on ESPN and get exposure; (4) will they have a good time at this school? I can’t imagine any recruit watching how Gonzaga went about its game plan on Saturday night and thinking to themselves “this style of play doesn’t look very fun.” Gonzaga gets enough games on ESPN/ESPN2, the staff’s track record of player development is one of the best in the country, and the Kennel had it going on.

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2019/2/10/18218872/10-observations-from-gonzagas-win-over-saint-marys

thespywhozaggedme
02-10-2019, 08:44 AM
I noted a thread on this topic was closed, and assume something was objectionable. Attending an event with several thousand others does not confer an expectation of privacy. Which recruits were there?

Moderators: if my post is out of hand, please tell us why?

It wasn't closed it was moved to the whelping box. That is our dedicated recruiting forum and if you're not there you're missing a ton of good info.