PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2 Announcers for St. Mary's at Gonzaga

CDC84
02-09-2019, 06:00 PM
(Play-by-play: Roxy Bernstein, Analyst: Sean Farnham)

jpn17
02-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Not a bad duo

RenoZag
02-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Farnham's enthusiasm for the Zags is fun to hear

webspinnre
02-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Love it when we get one of their A teams.

RenoZag
02-09-2019, 10:09 PM
S-R writer Grippi's "TV Take" feature on Roxy & Sean:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/feb/09/tv-take-gonzagas-dismantling-of-saint-marys-leaves/

As everyone with a GU sweatshirt in their closet knows, Clarke earlier this week broke the school record for blocked shots in a season. But Farnham dissected Clarke’s ability in that area with the zeal he usually reserves for describing one of the Davenport’s mattresses.

At least he focused on a key element of Clarke’s blocks overlooked by many.

“Most of them,” said Farnham of the crowd-pleasing plays, “stay inbounds and allow his team to have the opportunity to run offense.”

SorenTodd45
02-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Totally loved both of their commentary. Can we get them again, we only have one more ROOT game?

ProVeeZag
02-09-2019, 11:56 PM
Totally enjoyable broadcast by Bernstein and Farnham. They seemed to be enjoying themselves as well!

CDC84
02-10-2019, 01:34 AM
Only problem with Sean is that he will likely be wrong about Tennessee being the team most likely to cut down the nets. If they do it, it will shatter almost every historical notion of what we know a national champion to be. Tennessee doesn't have a single top 100 recruit. Since the recruiting services started, I doubt that any team has won the national title without a top 100 player. In fact, they have several players that weren't even in the top 200 at 247sports. No team has won a national title since 1987 without a first round pick. Although Williams and Schofield are great college players, they are likely 2nd rounders at best. Scouts generally don't see them as 1st round material. This is also a team that got beat by a non-BCS team in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney last March. It's not like they made the final four, gained huge experience and are dying to come back for revenge.

Very aware that they beat Gonzaga. And they will likely beat UK at least once, if not twice. But winning 6 games in a row is a lot different than winning 4. I knew that before 2017, but I personally knew it after 2017. As much as I hate to say it, the team cutting down the nets usually has a Zion, a Rui or someone of that ilk. Plus other pros. That being said, if any team is capable of shattering history, Tennessee has some ingredients that I like. But I am surprised by the lack of roster knowledge that some analysts have regarding Tennessee. There's just too many people who feel they're the top dog for March, which leads me to believe that they are unaware of some of the history I pointed out above. It's just hard to see it. Especially in a field that will be this tough. And its really hard to see many people placing a bet on it.