PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Nate Bittle -- Offer - Official Visit 1/25

caldwellzag
02-08-2019, 08:12 AM
I keep hearing his name pop up, as him and Gregg are two of the guys we are most interested in for 2021. Here is a good interview from Stockrisers.

https://stockrisers.com/2019/01/22/top-15-sophomore-nate-bittle-discusses-recruitment-early-duke-and-kentucky-interest-more/

23dpg
02-08-2019, 09:03 AM
He’s the #15 ranked recruit for that year. Here’s another article.
http://www.osaa.org/today/article/395/view?title=Boys+basketball%3A+Star+rises+for+Crate r%27s+Bittle

“It’s hard for players to make passes around me,” he said. “My wingspan is 7-5, so hopefully I’ll get to 7-foot.”

BobZag
02-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Reminds me of Wiltjer, a bit.

Getting Gregg and Bittle would be killer for 2021.

bdmiller7
02-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Reminds me of Wiltjer, a bit.

Getting Gregg and Bittle would be killer for 2021.

Reminds me of Collins, 7'5" wingspan and sounds like he likes to play D and block shots, but can still hit 3's.

hooter73
02-08-2019, 12:27 PM
:000tens:

BobZag
02-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Reminds me of Collins, 7'5" wingspan and sounds like he likes to play D and block shots, but can still hit 3's.

Either way, Nate looks awfully good. Would love to have a twin towers of Bittle and Gregg. They're just up the road from each other, to boot.

23dpg
12-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Either way, Nate looks awfully good. Would love to have a twin towers of Bittle and Gregg. They're just up the road from each other, to boot.

They just played each other.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/g66l-2019/12/3809de1e549025/nathan-bittle-of-crater-explodes-for-41-points-outduels-clackamas-ben-gregg-in-matchup-of-top-recruits-on-day-1-at-lsi.html

Bittle holds offers from Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, UCLA and Gonzaga, among others. Gregg’s top offers include the in-state schools and Texas.

Bittle, a 6-foot-11 shooter and rim protector, dazzled with 41 points and 14 rebounds, carrying Class 5A Crater past Class 6A Clackamas, 71-54.

WallaWallaZag
12-27-2019, 01:35 AM

doesn't have nearly the level of athleticism(never will) or size(will improve, but frame doesn't look as good as collins...maybe more like a tillie...might struggle to put on weight)

wiltjer a better comp...not as good a shooter (yet, not far off already) but maybe a slightly better athlete and of course more length. poor man's chet maybe...similar body and style but without the ball handling and not quite the athlete...but also more willing to be a big.

StatZag19
01-16-2020, 12:00 PM
Five-star junior Nate Bittle has scheduled an official visit to Gonzaga on January 25th, a source told @Stockrisers. UCLA and Arizona have received official visits from him.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1217879921122410496?s=20

Spoko13
01-16-2020, 01:01 PM
This is big - hope I’m wrong about West Coast Elite keeping him away from Gonzaga......kid is a stud......some combo of him, Banchero, Holmgren and Perry is the front court of our dreams!

IowaSERE
01-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Does he have an offer or not?

StatZag19
01-16-2020, 01:05 PM
This is big - hope I’m wrong about West Coast Elite keeping him away from Gonzaga......

I don't mean to detour from the topic of the thread, but what's the thing with West Coast Elite and us? I've seen that pop up a few times lately with other potential 'croots.

Spoko13
01-16-2020, 05:30 PM
Have we ever been connected to one of their guys before? This is great news if we can because 2022 Skyy Clarke is with them now.

JPtheBeasta
01-16-2020, 06:58 PM
I don't mean to detour from the topic of the thread, but what's the thing with West Coast Elite and us? I've seen that pop up a few times lately with other potential 'croots.

I don't really know but the "About" page on their site starts enough sentences in a row with "Coach Silver" that I couldn't finish. The word "Silver" comes up 45 times on that same page. He needs a copy editor.

ZagRecruitWatch
01-16-2020, 07:07 PM
Excited about the potential of this kid, but this is one of the few announcements I didn't hear coming before hit hit the news. Gut still tells me he is a Oregon bound kid. Solid recruit to get a O visit from and I hope I'm wrong.

ZagSwag
01-16-2020, 07:40 PM
I don't really know but the "About" page on their site starts enough sentences in a row with "Coach Silver" that I couldn't finish. The word "Silver" comes up 45 times on that same page. He needs a copy editor.

Wow you weren't joking... That was painful to read.

StatZag19
01-16-2020, 07:45 PM

I thought I was reading a Silver page instead of West Coast Elite. :fingergun:

caldwellzag
01-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Excited about the potential of this kid, but this is one of the few announcements I didn't hear coming before hit hit the news. Gut still tells me he is a Oregon bound kid. Solid recruit to get a O visit from and I hope I'm wrong.

The visit has been in the works for awhile, we exchanged dates this fall but didn't work out. From what I am hearing is he has legit interest in us and especially because how we put bigs in the NBA.

Mr Vulture
01-17-2020, 09:41 AM
The visit has been in the works for awhile, we exchanged dates this fall but didn't work out. From what I am hearing is he has legit interest in us and especially because how we put bigs in the NBA.

I think the West Coast bigs that get offers and come visit GU are all legitimately interested as you said. Honestly, if you are a big on the West Coast, why wouldn't you consider the Zags with their track record of developing bigs for the NBA. I'm not just saying this as a Zag fan, those are proven facts both physically and from a skill standpoint.

Zagdawg
01-17-2020, 09:44 AM
During the game last night ESPN did a great job in calling out all of our players that were in the NBA and professional ranks-- great credit to the development that goes on at Gonzaga -- especially with the bigs.

Hope that Sabonis makes the All-Star game -- would be another great credit for the Zags-- but also a credit to his hard work on the court.

Spoko13
01-17-2020, 05:19 PM
Would love to see some of these guys to remember to include one of my all-time favorites once in a while - JP Batista!!

Zagdawg
01-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Inside The Kennel
@InsideTheKennel

3h
Gonzaga will welcome one of the best prospects in the country to campus this weekend, as
@Nathanbittle33
will make his official visit to Spokane

caldwellzag
01-23-2020, 08:01 AM
Inside The Kennel
@InsideTheKennel

3h
Gonzaga will welcome one of the best prospects in the country to campus this weekend, as
@Nathanbittle33
will make his official visit to Spokane

Exciting weekend to be a Zags fan.

caldwellzag
01-23-2020, 08:04 AM
Do not expect any type of commitment from Bittle this weekend, but the fact he is on an official is huge.

Hoopaholic
01-23-2020, 09:25 AM
Do not expect any type of commitment from Bittle this weekend, but the fact he is on an official is huge.

sweet

zagfan08
01-23-2020, 09:32 AM
Let's say Bittle wants to commit before Chet and Paolo are ready. It seems like he's good enough where you just take him and worry about the other two later? Or are we prioritizing the other two at this point? Hard to imagine telling a top 10 recruit to hold off on a verbal (I understand we're probably not favorites for Bittle and this is an unlikely event and perhaps his hypothetical commitment wouldn't hurt the chances with Chet/Paolo either).

Mr Vulture
01-23-2020, 10:10 AM
Let's say Bittle wants to commit before Chet and Paolo are ready. It seems like he's good enough where you just take him and worry about the other two later? Or are we prioritizing the other two at this point? Hard to imagine telling a top 10 recruit to hold off on a verbal (I understand we're probably not favorites for Bittle and this is an unlikely event and perhaps his hypothetical commitment wouldn't hurt the chances with Chet/Paolo either).

I would think they'd take his commitment and run with it. They could easily fit two and probably all three into rotation with their skill set. At least that's my opinion.

caldwellzag
01-23-2020, 10:31 AM

They would not say no that is for sure. These are all three top 15 talents, you take a commitment when you get it. I think we are current leaders in Paolo and Chet, but not in Bittle at this point. That said this visit is going to help.

zagfan08
01-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Yeah, certainly makes sense. In your rankings you made it seem like our chances with Bittle would go up if we miss on Chet or Paolo which had me wondering.

hooter73
01-23-2020, 12:42 PM
Chet seeing himself as a hybrid wing, no matter his height, I think helps not clog up the table of big men. Get em all!

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-25-2020, 06:27 AM
Chet seeing himself as a hybrid wing, no matter his height, I think helps not clog up the table of big men. Get em all!

Agree!

Welcome to Spokane this weekend Nate Bittle! Hope you have a fantastic visit and Zags put on a show for you tonight!

WallaWallaZag
01-25-2020, 07:43 AM
Agree!

Welcome to Spokane this weekend Nate Bittle! Hope you have a fantastic visit and Zags put on a show for you tonight!

hope tillie puts on a show and lets bittle see what he could become...bittle probably more wiltjer than tillie though.

Fonebone
01-25-2020, 10:14 PM
Hes seemed very engage during the whole game. Clapping when we did well etc. Hes a good looking kid

Actually were there two recruits there tonight. I only noticed in kid so if there were two Im not sure if it was bittle or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZagRecruitWatch
01-25-2020, 10:38 PM
He’s seemed very engage during the whole game. Clapping when we did well etc. He’s a good looking kid

Actually we’re there two recruits there tonight. I only noticed in kid so if there were two I’m not sure if it was bittle or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the one you saw look tall or freakishly tall?

sittingon50
01-25-2020, 11:54 PM
Did the one you saw look tall or freakishly tall?

The other kid was Sallis. 6'5"? Got some Zag hair!