PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Uh oh, Sean Miller now under NCAA investigation

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 07:08 AM
This could get real ugly, real fast for them. Is it wrong for me to want to see them get the ban hammer and us somehow get Mannion? Schadenfreude, I know. But I'm ok with that. :D

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-investigation-underway-arizonas-sean-miller-faces-complicated-future-234415126.html

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 07:15 AM
And Brandon Williams may be out for the year. Karma in Tucson?

bartruff1
02-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Who the hell does Miller think he is....Roy Williams.....??? Arizona should hire the North Carolina Lawyers....

jazzdelmar
02-05-2019, 07:38 AM
Much as I'd like to see the Tucson Chipmunk go down, this seems old news. Call me when he's in Cat stripes.

jazzdelmar
02-05-2019, 07:40 AM
And Brandon Williams may be out for the year. Karma in Tucson?

Williams tweaked his right knee on Jan. 26 in Arizona’s loss to UCLA. The ASU game was the first Williams has missed this season, though he was limited on Dec. 15 and Dec. 19 against Baylor and Montana, respectively, due to soreness in the same knee.

Williams missed his entire junior season of high school after having surgery on that knee to correct osteochondritis dissecans, a joint condition in which bone underneath the cartilage of a joint dies due to lack of blood flow, so it is never a good sign when it is flaring up.

When Miller was asked if Williams recent injury is related to that surgery, he could not rule it out.

“I think time will tell,” Miller said after the loss to ASU.

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Williams tweaked his right knee on Jan. 26 in Arizona’s loss to UCLA. The ASU game was the first Williams has missed this season, though he was limited on Dec. 15 and Dec. 19 against Baylor and Montana, respectively, due to soreness in the same knee.

Williams missed his entire junior season of high school after having surgery on that knee to correct osteochondritis dissecans, a joint condition in which bone underneath the cartilage of a joint dies due to lack of blood flow, so it is never a good sign when it is flaring up.

When Miller was asked if Williams recent injury is related to that surgery, he could not rule it out.

“I think time will tell,” Miller said after the loss to ASU.

Wow, sounds degenerative. Poor kid

JPtheBeasta
02-05-2019, 07:57 AM
They looked like a mid-major team against ASU. I have actually been rooting for them in the underdog role.

I donít like Miller as a coach, though, and didnít think he was great even before all of the rumors started.

raise the zag
02-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Wow, sounds degenerative. Poor kid

Terrible news.

Typically osteochondritis dissecans requires joint protection to fully heal. I'm not talking months like most injury/surgical rehab, rather YEARS, which high lvl athletes do no have that luxury.

This is a condition which is not technically "curable". Experimental techniques are being done, even procedures like microfracture, stimulation implants, etc.

It can improve, and heal itself, yet rarely, if ever, goes away.

Pretty discouraging and shocked they notified public and this will likely effect his future draft status.

His plan was "one and done".

He should be able to play on his knee but it will very likely limit him the rest of his playing career.

This is quite rare.

JPtheBeasta
02-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Total knee arthroplasty some day... poor guy. We’ve seen what bum knees can do. Brandon Roy and Blake Stepp come to mind.

Birddog
02-05-2019, 09:25 AM
From the article

While there’s nearly a dozen schools expected to face some degree of NCAA scrutiny in the wake of the federal basketball investigation, Miller and Arizona are dealing with a confluence of complications that cast a shroud over Miller’s future there

DixieZag
02-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Terrible news.

Typically osteochondritis dissecans requires joint protection to fully heal. I'm not talking months like most injury/surgical rehab, rather YEARS, which high lvl athletes do no have that luxury.

This is a condition which is not technically "curable". Experimental techniques are being done, even procedures like microfracture, stimulation implants, etc.

It can improve, and heal itself, yet rarely, if ever, goes away.

Pretty discouraging and shocked they notified public and this will likely effect his future draft status.

His plan was "one and done".

He should be able to play on his knee but it will very likely limit him the rest of his playing career.

This is quite rare.

I love your expertise on these issues. Thx.

Feel terrible for that kid. Seemed like a great guy, just wanting to play for his dream school, nothing wrong with that. Not his fault that they might've been playing off the books.

I kind of feel bad for Few. I respect Coach Few, and I don't think he picks his friends lightly, he's kept some distance from some folks in the business, and yet he seemed to like and respect Sean Miller. I'll bet Few would be shocked/saddened to hear if it comes together.

I would rather Arizona be found clean, come back to prominence, and continue to play us annually as the "two top programs in the West" …. I kind of liked that.

CDC84
02-05-2019, 09:35 AM
It's never a good idea to have an assistant named "Book" Richardson on your staff :)

JPtheBeasta
02-05-2019, 10:05 AM
It's never a good idea to have an assistant named "Book" Richardson on your staff :)

Good point. Meanwhile, UNC could have a guy named “Fake Class” Johnson on their staff and the NCAA wouldn’t bat an eyelash.

SLOZag
02-05-2019, 10:15 AM
"Good point. Meanwhile, UNC could have a guy named “Fake Class” Johnson on their staff and the NCAA wouldn’t bat an eyelash"

:000tens:

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Good point. Meanwhile, UNC could have a guy named “Fake Class” Johnson on their staff and the NCAA wouldn’t bat an eyelash.

This literally made me lol :roll:

JPtheBeasta
02-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Just trying to do my part.

BobZag
02-05-2019, 10:40 AM
An ominous dark cloud moves over Pacific.

sittingon50
02-05-2019, 10:45 AM
An ominous dark cloud moves over Pacific.

This.

zagssuperfan
02-05-2019, 11:42 AM
From the article

It still blows my mind how two schools under investigation and likely to not make the tournament this year still have two of the best recruiting classes in the country. What are the odds any of this plays out before next year and AZs current crop decommits like last year's? I see a very good pg on their list that would fill a need 😊.

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 12:03 PM
It still blows my mind how two schools under investigation and likely to not make the tournament this year still have two of the best recruiting classes in the country. What are the odds any of this plays out before next year and AZs current crop decommits like last year's? I see a very good pg on their list that would fill a need ��.

Said that in my op. Mannion is a flat out stud~

CarolinaZagFan
02-05-2019, 01:12 PM

LOL! They literally had a football coach who went by the nickname ‘Black Santa’ and was known as an elite recruiter. No problem there! All that cheating and they’ve still lost three in a row to my Pirates on the gridiron :roll:

zagssuperfan
02-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Said that in my op. Mannion is a flat out stud~

And he is likely a one and done right? So it wouldn't ruffle any feathers with the 2020 class.

CarolinaZagFan
02-05-2019, 01:23 PM
It still blows my mind how two schools under investigation and likely to not make the tournament this year still have two of the best recruiting classes in the country. What are the odds any of this plays out before next year and AZs current crop decommits like last year's? I see a very good pg on their list that would fill a need ��.

Would be nice, but I’m sure another P5 school would make him an offer he couldn’t refuse. I’m so glad the Zags don’t stoop to their level. The Zags are my only hope for a team to win a championship while doing things the right way. If the Zags ever get caught up in a scandal I’d simply be done with college sports.

jpn17
02-05-2019, 04:30 PM
They looked like a mid-major team against ASU. I have actually been rooting for them in the underdog role.

I donít like Miller as a coach, though, and didnít think he was great even before all of the rumors started.

I agree. He's squandered so much talent at Arizona, they should have made at least one final four since he's been there. I'll never understand why they were so adamant about keeping him when the issues first came up. They should have cut ties.

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 05:27 PM
And he is likely a one and done right? So it wouldn't ruffle any feathers with the 2020 class.

Yes, most likely one and done. He is so excited to watch and it would be amazing to get him

willandi
02-05-2019, 05:43 PM
I agree. He's squandered so much talent at Arizona, they should have made at least one final four since he's been there. I'll never understand why they were so adamant about keeping him when the issues first came up. They should have cut ties.

Didn't he have a big buy out?

sittingon50
02-06-2019, 06:15 PM
(another) Arizona Asst. suspended:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25941649/arizona-suspends-assistant-mark-phelps-alleged-rules-violation