02-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Kentucky replaces Michigan in the Top 5

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll/2019/14

gueastcoast
02-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Getting some separation now.

former1dog
02-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Tough week for Virginia. They play Duke at home, followed by a road trip to UNC. If they drop 2, does Gonzaga jump them in the polls assuming GU wins out?

gueastcoast
02-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Tough week for Virginia. They play Duke at home, followed by a road trip to UNC. If they drop 2, does Gonzaga jump them in the polls assuming GU wins out?

I wonder...suppose it depends on what the losses look like

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Better yet, if they win both do we jump Puke or do they stay put and get the benefit of the doubt for a "quality loss"?

bartruff1
02-04-2019, 01:18 PM
I don' think Virginia is going to lose this week....but this just might be the week that Gonzaga passes Duke.....in any event... if Gonzaga wins out they have a shot at #1

BayAreaZagFan
02-04-2019, 02:20 PM
"Quality" losses seem to be a little more subjective with the East Coast and Midwest teams. Michigan gets beaten pretty handily (15 points) by an unranked Iowa, and only drops two spots. Michigan State loses two - on the road to a decent Purdue team (they were losing badly at one point, but ended up losing "only" by 10) and at home to a pretty bad Indiana team in OT, and they only drop three spots. If either of those scenarios happened to the Zags, they probably fall out of the top 10 at least.

TexasZagFan
02-04-2019, 02:33 PM

When it comes to travel in the ACC, spare me the crocodile tears. It's less than 200 miles from UVa to Chapel Hill.

Zagger
02-05-2019, 06:59 AM
I don' think Virginia is going to lose this week....but this just might be the week that Gonzaga passes Duke.....in any event... if Gonzaga wins out they have a shot at #1

I like it :)

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 07:29 AM
When it comes to travel in the ACC, spare me the crocodile tears. It's less than 200 miles from UVa to Chapel Hill.

That is true, but then you've got the opposite extreme, Miami to Syracuse.

TexasZagFan
02-05-2019, 07:44 AM

Good point, I forgot for a moment that the ACC has expanded into the behemoth that it is.

LongIslandZagFan
02-05-2019, 07:54 AM

Speaking as one who has driven to and through Syracuse... nobody wants to go to Syracuse in the winter. NOBODY. The reason you don't want to go there in the winter is the lake effect snow. They get so much snow they have tunnels connecting buildings. Annual snowfall is 10 feet. For perspective, Spokane's annual snowfall is a shade under 4 feet.

Cuse is not anywhere close the NYC. It is so far from NYC that when my son went to look at SUNY Oswego (which is about 1/2 hr north of Syracuse)... we were 3/4th the way there and he said... nope... not going here... way too far. He ended up at SUNY Binghamton which, without traffic, is a fun little 3 hour 40 minute jaunt. Just to be clear... the concept of no traffic doesn't really exist in the NYC area. Binghamton is at about the 2/3rd point of the trip.

former1dog
02-05-2019, 07:56 AM

??

I just meant it was a week with 2 really good opponents.

Also, I would be rooting for VA to drop those games.