PDA

View Full Version : This year is different!

LynetteG
11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I have been a member of the board for about 3 or 4 years now, and I must tell you the excitement that I feel from the board THIS year is very different from year's past. I don't know if it's because we expect to see more team playing vs huge individual efforts, but I have this sense of being on the verge, the cusp, of something truly magnificent this year. ANd I am not playing pollyanna. It's just this different vibe I'm feeling. I can't be the only one, am I?

tyra
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
By a "long shot". :D

former1dog
11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
we're doomed

HOOTER
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I am extremely excited for the season to start, of course that's really not unusual. I have high hopes for this team just as I have for previous teams.

Reborn
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
I think you're right on Lynette. There is definately a HUGE feeling of hope running like a wild river through Zag Nation right now. And to think we have only 24 hours to wait for the tip off to the '07-'08 season. We'll definately have some kind of a feeling for the team tomorrow, but I know that I'll miss Josh and Pendo if he doesn't play. I love that look of intensity in Josh's eyes. It's something I identify with, and I can hardly wait to see it in him again (and hopefully sooner than later).

BobZag
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
I have been a member of the board for about 3 or 4 years now, and I must tell you the excitement that I feel from the board THIS year is very different from year's past. I don't know if it's because we expect to see more team playing vs huge individual efforts, but I have this sense of being on the verge, the cusp, of something truly magnificent this year. ANd I am not playing pollyanna. It's just this different vibe I'm feeling. I can't be the only one, am I?

You're not alone. I'm always cautious (Josh injured, etc.) but even Few & Staff have expressed more optimism than any preseason I can remember.

zag67
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Less than a day until we all get to see the basics of what we have. Even without Pendo and Josh, I think that this will be super. It might have some caos out there, but I think that we have the players to make this a super season. In some ways not having Pendo and Josh is going to allow many of the other players more minutes to work on their roles in GU's complex system (both offensively and defensively). The more playing time they get now, the better prepared they will be later.

NOW: LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

zagster318
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Hubert Davis concurs.

Bulldog
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I am so looking forward to surprising a lot of teams this year. New players and different attitude. I hope they remain to be the same scrappy, give it all team as the early teams that got all this started. Energy is the key.
Beat the Coug's at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

primal23
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Should be a fun year!

NJZag
11-06-2007, 07:03 PM
we're doomed

Hmmmm ... the small size, the faint shade of electronic ink, the fact the words are not coming from the Chief Seething Slobbering Monk. Something subliminal might be going on here. :confused:

ZagSlug
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't get too excited until I see the team play a few times....until then

http://www.socialstrategist.com/doomed.jpg