PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Mason Landeck

bartruff1
01-08-2019, 12:21 PM
There is a sophomore at Class A Cashmere Highschool named Mason Landdeck who is averaging about 35 points per game and has scored more than 40.... including two games with 48.

He is a point guard at 6' and as you might expect from a 14/15 year old pretty skinny at 160 pounds or less... a GYM RAT returning to work out in the evenings after supper...a couple older brothers who also were points at Cashmere.

It is interesting that last year, he transferred to Kittitas and was the second leading scorer (12.5 ppg) behind Ravet…. with the intention of playing with and learning from Brock.

It maybe way to soon to identify him as a potential Zag..... but he surely knows about Gonzaga..... and they surely know about him.

I would assume he will continue to play at this level but if he does something even more remarkable , I will post it.

Cashmere is also the home of Hailey Van Lith (2020) who is generating a great deal of interest from national powers in WCBB.

thespywhozaggedme
01-27-2019, 12:57 PM
He is averaging 38 points per game as a sophomore!!!

https://a.hudl.com/profile/7143687/Mason-Landdeck

bartruff1
01-31-2019, 12:06 PM
Mason made 11 3's on his way to 42 points and had 8 assists in a victory over Okanogan that had won 9 straight. Apparently Cashmere was won the CTL Championship and will start tournament play...

ZagsObserver
01-31-2019, 12:16 PM
I don’t think GU has shown interest. At least that was the case earlier this year - though that could’ve changed.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 12:19 PM
I don’t think GU has shown interest. At least that was the case earlier this year - though that could’ve changed.

The insane numbers that he's putting up and the fact that he's only a sophomore, I think they will show interest. He's putting up better #'s than Brock at the same age in a better league.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 12:20 PM
Mason made 11 3's on his way to 42 points and had 8 assists in a victory over Okanogan that had won 9 straight. Apparently Cashmere was won the CTL Championship and will start tournament play...

11 three's??? lol I watched some of his film and his shooting form is textbook, better than Brocks and Doms, both of whom have very slight hitches. Masons is a pure as Ivory soap.

HenneZag
01-31-2019, 04:08 PM
I have a hard time thinking the staff wouldnt be on this guy early, especially being on our backyard. Dont want another Joe Harris so hopefully we start sniffing, would hate to miss out on him if he is a legit D1 guy.

bartruff1
01-31-2019, 04:25 PM
This is the same league that Joe Harris played in......I am sure they must be aware of him.....he played with Brock as a freshman at Kittitas and Gonzaga must be recruiting Haley Van Lith so they can see both play on the same night at the same place...

I do not know if he was at Gonzaga with the Kittitas team at the camps ???

There is plenty of money in Cashmere to pay the fee for their team to attend for a summer session.... it would be ironic to have both Brock and Mason play for Gonzaga having played together in high school.. but that is a long ways down the road...

Markburn1
01-31-2019, 04:48 PM
11 three's??? lol I watched some of his film and his shooting form is textbook, better than Brocks and Doms, both of whom have very slight hitches. Masons is a pure as Ivory soap.

"The ingredients in Ivory soap include perfume, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, water, sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, sodium palm kernelate and sodium silicates. The newer Ivory soap bars use heavier fragrances to create the aloe and lavender scents."

https://www.reference.com/beauty-fashion/ingredients-ivory-soap-10662e54eefe18fc

Maybe the term you should use is "purer".

Zagsker
01-31-2019, 05:36 PM
"The ingredients in Ivory soap include perfume, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, water, sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, sodium palm kernelate and sodium silicates. The newer Ivory soap bars use heavier fragrances to create the aloe and lavender scents."

https://www.reference.com/beauty-fashion/ingredients-ivory-soap-10662e54eefe18fc

New show:

"Markburn1 ruins everything"

BavarianZag
01-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Kid can shoot!
http://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin/cashmere-boys-best-okanogan-in-battle-of-the-bulldogs-on/article_5c3c490c-24f3-11e9-a046-7fa55303510a.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 07:06 PM

Ha. I forgot who my audience is. You're too young to remember that there tagline in the 70's and 80's was "Ivory Soap, 99.9% pure". I really am flattered how much you're into me though.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 07:07 PM
New show:

"Markburn1 ruins everything"

He was trying to be a smart ass, but didn't know that it was a 1980's pop culture reference. Markburn is my own personal troll.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 07:09 PM
Despite the attempted thread hijack, Landdeck is a flat out stud and I really hope that we're looking at him.

soccerdud
01-31-2019, 08:18 PM
reminds me a lot of tj haws. do with that what you will.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 08:54 PM
reminds me a lot of tj haws. do with that what you will.

I think he has better pg skills than Haws.

Markburn1
01-31-2019, 09:15 PM
He was trying to be a smart ass, but didn't know that it was a 1980's pop culture reference. Markburn is my own personal troll.
Definitely aware of the tag line. It wasn’t true then. Isn’t true now.

For a self described irrelevant dork you sure take things personal. Might want to work on that sense of humor.

JPtheBeasta
02-01-2019, 05:05 AM
Given the Ivory soap reference, he better have a floater.

thespywhozaggedme
02-01-2019, 05:46 AM

Nice!

Birddog
02-01-2019, 06:19 AM

Can't resist the Jr Hi humor opportunity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMAOKpADxMQ

caldwellzag
02-04-2019, 06:37 AM
I have checked around and there is no indication that GU is on him as of now. That said 2021 recruits we are watching right now are all bigs.

bartruff1
02-19-2019, 03:20 PM
The local paper covers Cashmere prep teams...and I see that Mason scored 35 with 9 rebounds in the League Championship game and now they are off to State.....I have no idea what the career scoring record is but he already has more than 1000 points as a soph...

sittingon50
02-19-2019, 04:09 PM
.....I have no idea what the career scoring record is but he already has more than 1000 points as a soph...

I believe Ravet is still working on it.

SorenTodd45
02-19-2019, 04:28 PM
This kid has mad skills. All he needs to do is grow a couple of inches, put on 10-15 pounds, and oh yeah, sign with the Zags.

bdmiller7
02-19-2019, 05:57 PM
I believe Ravet is still working on it.

I think he's currently 29 points shy of 3000.

SorenTodd45
02-23-2019, 08:49 PM
I was lucky to watch more vid on this kid, and OMG, am I impressed. He reminds me of Matt Othick from U of Arizona (same build, same hair color). C'mon Mason, you know your heart bleeds Zags blue & silver. Coach Few will make you an NBA prospect. Coach Rat-face will ruin you. Time to make a choice.

23dpg
02-23-2019, 09:03 PM
I was lucky to watch more vid on this kid, and OMG, am I impressed. He reminds me of Matt Othick from U of Arizona (same build, same hair color). C'mon Mason, you know your heart bleeds Zags blue & silver. Coach Few will make you an NBA prospect. Coach Rat-face will ruin you. Time to make a choice.

You think Gonzaga and Duke are fighting over him and he’s choosing between the two? Ummm, doubtful.

thespywhozaggedme
02-23-2019, 09:22 PM

Um....we haven't offered him yet. And not sure that Duke even knows who he is.

SorenTodd45
02-23-2019, 10:18 PM
But we know who he is, and he's Washington bred and born. If he goes to WSU or UW, yikes, he can turn that program around. He's the second coming of Brock Ravet. How many HS sophs can sink a 3 like Mason can? Not many. Mike Bibby carried the 'Cats to a title in '97, who is to say Mason can't do the same?

RenoZag
02-24-2019, 08:28 AM
Will look forward to the reporting / speculating / discussion of Landeck going forward.

So far he sounds like the second coming of Jesse Wade. . .

23dpg
02-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Cashmere lost 84-56 to Zillah last night. Not sure if that eliminates them.

Mantua
02-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Cashmere lost 84-56 to Zillah last night. Not sure if that eliminates them.

Yes, Cashmere is in!

Link to WIAA 1A Boy’s Bracket

http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1810

#6 Cashmere plays #11 King’s Way Christian at 3:45pm on Wednesday, February 27th.

SorenTodd45
02-27-2019, 07:48 AM
#6 Cashmere plays #11 King’s Way Christian at 3:45pm on Wednesday, February 27th.

Any way to watch this game online? Not much going on with CBB tonite until the Nevada Wolfpack game starts.

23dpg
02-27-2019, 07:40 PM
#11 King’s Way Christian 67
# 6 Cashmere 52

Mantua
02-27-2019, 10:04 PM
#11 King’s Way Christian 67
# 6 Cashmere 52

Next year.

caldwellzag
02-28-2019, 05:56 AM
Mason is a good story, but at this time he would be more a walk-on type guy. The 2021 recruits we are high on right now are 4/5 star guys, although GU does take a flyer (Ravet is a 4 star player, so I would not call him a flyer) on some local kids so he might surprise us and become a option.

hooter73
02-28-2019, 01:40 PM
Greg Foster was a 4 star too right?

Shruggs

thespywhozaggedme
02-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Greg Foster was a 4 star too right?

Shruggs

Nope, 3*. His only offers were us and Wisconsin Green Bay.

https://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Foster-94202/

Mr Vulture
02-28-2019, 02:55 PM
Nope, 3*. His only offers were us and Wisconsin Green Bay.

https://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Foster-94202/

Offer lists can be deceiving as they aren't typically all that accurate. I am sure that Foster could have had many other offers if he hadn't said he was going to Gonzaga early in the process. I don't know if it works out but I see skill in his game. He needs to get stronger and he needs to work on his shot big time though.

bdmiller7
02-28-2019, 03:26 PM
Foster was a 4star on ESPN and according to Rivals had an offer from Baylor also.

thespywhozaggedme
02-28-2019, 03:28 PM
Foster was a 4star on ESPN and according to Rivals had an offer from Baylor also. 247 is the best recruiting service by far, because it is a composite, i.e. it aggregates all of the services together from highest ranking to lowest. His average was a 3 star and his play validates that.

thespywhozaggedme
02-28-2019, 03:29 PM
Offer lists can be deceiving as they aren't typically all that accurate. I am sure that Foster could have had many other offers if he hadn't said he was going to Gonzaga early in the process. I don't know if it works out but I see skill in his game. He needs to get stronger and he needs to work on his shot big time though.

He averaged 9ppg his senior season. He is, was and will always be a deep bench role player. And that's ok.

ZagzKrak
02-28-2019, 05:43 PM
He averaged 9ppg his senior season. He is, was and will always be a deep bench role player. And that's ok.

he also didn't play most of his Sr. year because he had that flu for over a month and never really got back into game shape that year.

Spoko13
02-28-2019, 09:32 PM
Thank you for pumping the brakes on some Cashmere homer who started this thread. The kid can really shoot it and seems to have a competitive streak that is fun to watch but 1A HS ball in WA is largely not very good......very few good teams or good players......let’s see what he does this spring/summer before we even start with the walk-on talk please.....

thespywhozaggedme
02-28-2019, 09:40 PM
he also didn't play most of his Sr. year because he had that flu for over a month and never really got back into game shape that year.

I’m not sure what your point is. Are you arguing that he will eventually be a star player for the team?

ZagzKrak
02-28-2019, 09:54 PM
I’m not sure what your point is. Are you arguing that he will eventually be a star player for the team?

Not sure why you would put up his Sr year numbers without context to why his overall numbers dropped that year.

A star? probably not.....an athletic bench player/role player..I hope so...I always hope for the best for all Zags players. I think he has show flashes of his talent....with more exp. and coaching I think he has a chance to be a fine player for us.

ZagsObserver
03-01-2019, 05:41 AM
Not sure why you would put up his Sr year numbers without context to why his overall numbers dropped that year.

A star? probably not.....an athletic bench player/role player..I hope so...I always hope for the best for all Zags players. I think he has show flashes of his talent....with more exp. and coaching I think he has a chance to be a fine player for us.

Yeah, but he really isn’t a scorer and he doesn’t have great handles. I can’t recall a GU point guard (ever) that received many minutes without at least one of these essential skills at pg.

And I’m thinking way back to the Winston Brooks eras and prior (although there was that one small experiment with Keita now that I think about it)

ZagzKrak
03-01-2019, 06:27 AM
Yeah, but he really isn’t a scorer and he doesn’t have great handles. I can’t recall a GU point guard (ever) that received many minutes without at least one of these essential skills at pg.

And I’m thinking way back to the Winston Brooks eras and prior (although there was that one small experiment with Keita now that I think about it)

Next year is probably the make it or break it year for him and Joel....if they can't get some playing time and show what they got then the writing will be on the wall for them.

Mr Vulture
03-01-2019, 08:55 AM

In your opinion that is what he is, it's not a statement of fact. All I was saying is that I see skill there but we will have to see if he develops and that offer lists aren't always accurate when a guy is committed early.

bdmiller7
03-01-2019, 11:02 AM
In your opinion that is what he is, it's not a statement of fact. All I was saying is that I see skill there but we will have to see if he develops and that offer lists aren't always accurate when a guy is committed early.

I think he has the athleticism to end up as a jeremy Jones type defensive/glue guy role. That takes smarts and hustle more than anything else. I don't expect him to ever be a star, but without Jones I think we'd have 2 more losses this year. I'd be happy if Foster could give GU that as a junior and senior.

Mr Vulture
03-01-2019, 11:07 AM
I think most of us agree that Foster is likely a role player as he develops. Sometimes guys surprise us but I don't see him as star by any means.