01-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Kent St 34
Buffalo 28

About 7 mins left 1st half

Update: Buffalo 44
Kent ST 43 Halftime

seacatfan
01-25-2019, 04:43 PM
Indiana is 1-5 in January. Archie giving Sean a run for his money on which Miller is having a worse season.

White lightning
01-25-2019, 06:24 PM
Indiana is 1-5 in January. Archie giving Sean a run for his money on which Miller is having a worse season.Along with Romar, Sean is probably the most underperforming coach with true all American talent. Oh yeah that ex coach from UCLA has to join the group tooooo!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

seacatfan
01-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Along with Romar, Sean is probably the most underperforming coach with true all American talent. Oh yeah that ex coach from UCLA has to join the group tooooo!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eh. Miller has 4 Elite 8's, 3 at Arizona. Which is 4 more than Romar has. I'd say the 2 are in a totally different class. Miller also has a bunch more league titles than Romar does.

JPtheBeasta
01-26-2019, 06:25 AM
Eh. Miller has 4 Elite 8's, 3 at Arizona. Which is 4 more than Romar has. I'd say the 2 are in a totally different class. Miller also has a bunch more league titles than Romar does.

Miller is definitely better. I watched last year's tournament stinker with a UofA fan and it's hard to get that one out of my memory, though. However, nobody is calling Bennett of UVA a bad coach and he was record-settingly bad in the tournament (one could argue that he does it with way less talent, though).

It's been interesting to watch the Wildcats in an underdog roll and I will be rooting for a Huskies/Wildcats Pac-12

seacatfan
01-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Miller is definitely better. I watched last year's tournament stinker with a UofA fan and it's hard to get that one out of my memory, though. However, nobody is calling Bennett of UVA a bad coach and he was record-settingly bad in the tournament (one could argue that he does it with way less talent, though).

It's been interesting to watch the Wildcats in an underdog roll and I will be rooting for a Huskies/Wildcats Pac-12

Looking at wiki for some facts to back up my assertion. Miller w/ 4 30+ win seasons and never posted a losing record. Romar w/ 0 30 win seasons (29 was high point) and 4 seasons w/ losing records, heading toward 5 this year. Career winning % Miller .750 Romar .576 and really telling conference winning % just from Pac 12 so you can get more of an accurate head to head comparison--Miler .746 and Romar .530. Also Romar has 7 Tourney appearances total w/ 3 Sweet 16's. Miller has 11 appearances, in 7 less seasons as a head coach and has 3 Sweet 16's in addition to the 4 Elite 8's. And also regular season conference championships is 8-2 in favor of Miller. This one is a no brainer. Romar isn't even remotely in the same class as Miller. To believe otherwise is delusional.

Bennett is an interesting subject. I think he's a great coach, but terrible recruiter. He's high on the scale of doing more with less...during the regular season. In the Tournament his teams' lack of talent always catches up with them, usually sooner than later.

maynard g krebs
01-26-2019, 03:20 PM

To be fair, Miller inherited the legacy of Lute, and a rabid fan base in a city not unlike Spokane in terms of sports demographics, i.e. the only game in town. Romar inherited the legacy of Bender, Nance and Russo, in a city where college basketball is basically an afterthought most of the time.

Apples and oranges.

seacatfan
01-26-2019, 03:50 PM
To be fair, Miller inherited the legacy of Lute, and a rabid fan base in a city not unlike Spokane in terms of sports demographics, i.e. the only game in town. Romar inherited the legacy of Bender, Nance and Russo, in a city where college basketball is basically an afterthought most of the time.

Apples and oranges.

That's a fair point. Romar quickly turned UW around and had a nice run for 3 or 4 years, but couldn't live up to the expectations he created and went downhill rapidly.

Another thing to consider is that there is almost no home grown talent in Tucson and not really that much in Phoenix. Seattle is talent rich and quite a few of the local kids have had a desire to stay home for college. So that definitely worked very much in Romar's favor compared to Miller.

Also while Arizona had a proud tradition under Lute, Miller took over after two tumultuous seasons w/ two different interim head coaches that yielded 29 losses, and his first year they only went 16-15. He definitely was facing a rebuilding job when he took over.

sittingon50
01-26-2019, 03:59 PM
IDAHO ST. 84
Montana St. 104

UT ARLINGTON 71
Georgia St. 77

sittingon50
01-26-2019, 05:05 PM
IDAHO ST. 84
Montana St. 104

UT ARLINGTON 71
Georgia St. 77

Sorry fellas'!! Posted on the wrong thread. Talk about rocket surgery! :fingergun: