PDA

View Full Version : John Wilner wins The internet Tonight with this tweet...

ZAG 4 LIFE
01-24-2019, 10:43 PM
Wilner for those who don’t know writes for the San Jose Mercury News...
His tweet after the game tonight was...

1. Santa Clara takes out ad in Gonzaga’s hometown newspaper
That says “Game On”
2. Few sweeps Santa Clara by 102 points
3. Game Not On.

:clap:

Mantua
01-24-2019, 10:44 PM
Great catch!

TexasZagFan
01-25-2019, 04:53 AM
Wilner for those who don’t know writes for the San Jose Mercury News...
His tweet after the game tonight was...

1. Santa Clara takes out ad in Gonzaga’s hometown newspaper
That says “Game On”
2. Few sweeps Santa Clara by 102 points
3. Game Not On.

:clap:

My attitude about Wilner changed last year. I sent him a text/email after I caught a minor mistake...so minor I don't recall it. He responded with good humor.

DixieZag
01-25-2019, 05:48 AM
I thought SCU's retort to Few was fantastic. I fully support them standing-up and saying they are rising to Few's challenge. Said so at the time.

If "how" they stood up for themselves bothered Few a little, I would understand that, too. And if Few lit a special fire under the guys against SCU because of the ad, I think that's awesome.

Played out perfectly IMO.

77Zag
01-25-2019, 06:41 AM
Baby Steps -- I think SCU is moving in the right direction. New coach, some upgrades at the arena, BEER & WINE. Sendek is a quality coach and will get better once the Keating recruits are gone and he's running the program from ground up.

It was almost like watching a high school team vs a pro team - in a sense, I guess this isn't far off. Crowd was about 35% - 45% Zags last eve. But not much to get excited over once the game started. It was a drubbing.

Have to give the students some props -- most stayed for the entire game. Did laugh a bit when they were chanting "Over-rated" -- when they were down by 40 !! Also chuckled on the music...one of the time out's they played "Who Let The Dogs Out"!!

Go Zags - Beat the Cougs!!

TexasZagFan
01-25-2019, 07:47 AM
I thought SCU's retort to Few was fantastic. I fully support them standing-up and saying they are rising to Few's challenge. Said so at the time.

If "how" they stood up for themselves bothered Few a little, I would understand that, too. And if Few lit a special fire under the guys against SCU because of the ad, I think that's awesome.

Played out perfectly IMO.

IMO, the ad had very little or nothing to do with last night's beat down. Rather, Sendek needs to give Porter a call and say "thanks Buddy, what did you to pi$$ off Few?"

All of us saw how sloppy and unfocused the Zags were against Portland. Undoubtedly, a message was sent to the players that it was unacceptable, particularly where the bench wasn't cleared until about two minutes to go left in the game.

I'm certain the Zags will be ready to play next Thursday. Provo will be rockin', much like the crowd was in Omaha.

Reborn
01-25-2019, 09:33 AM
I'm glad BYU beat St Mary's last night. I watched parts of the game and BYU played pretty good. They are always tough when they play GU. It'll be a really good game. Zags WILL BE ready.

Go Zags!!!

sittingon50
01-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Have to give the students some props -- most stayed for the entire game. Did laugh a bit when they were chanting "Over-rated" -- when they were down by 40 !!

Are we sure that was directed @ the Zags?