PDA

View Full Version : viewing sources tonight 1/24

Birddog
01-24-2019, 03:38 PM
Has anybody else watched Zag games via DirecTV on channel 674-1? They carried the games early in the season but lately they haven't had them and that channel hasn't been used . 674-1 is Root SW alternate to 674 which is Houston based. I see it is broadcast on Root RM and of course Root NW. They have broadcast the games on Root SW for the last couple of years so I don't know what's up. Anybody with an answer? I might be relegated to the small screen again tonight.

TexasZagFan
01-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Crap, nothing here on UVerse until next Thursday...

ZagsGoZags
01-24-2019, 03:58 PM
Has anybody else watched Zag games via DirecTV on channel 674-1? They carried the games early in the season but lately they haven't had them and that channel hasn't been used . 674-1 is Root SW alternate to 674 which is Houston based. I see it is broadcast on Root RM and of course Root NW. They have broadcast the games on Root SW for the last couple of years so I don't know what's up. Anybody with an answer? I might be relegated to the small screen again tonight.

how do you view the game on small screen,
I have a couple of friends, both out of the country, who would like to do this.

Birddog
01-24-2019, 04:06 PM
how do you view the game on small screen,
I have a couple of friends, both out of the country, who would like to do this.

I watch the stream on theWtv . The site is run by jr hi guys but it's better than nothing.

SorenTodd45
01-24-2019, 04:59 PM
I watch the stream on theWtv . The site is run by jr hi guys but it's better than nothing.

Same here with the W, I am totally out of market. Why can't every Zag game be on ESPN; wait, that must be a Duke thing.

slickguser
01-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Here is a fairly direct link to the game. It is geo-blocked so your results may vary.

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/index.html?asset_id=156558&player_id=65&type=liveevent

SorenTodd45
01-24-2019, 07:21 PM
No blackout for me on the other two early WCC games (if you call 7 pm early). I'm using the WCC website though, not that Stadium site. I don't anticipate any problems with Zags at 8.

ZionZag
01-24-2019, 07:46 PM

I think it's hard to determine how program directors decide what to show. I wrote in another thread sometime back that both Root NW and Root RM (now AT&T) have historically been owned by Root Pittsburg. Here in Utah, when the Jazz are not playing on AT&T they choose to run the Zag games since their sister (Root NW) has the broadcast and they probably recognized there are a lot of fans in the Rocky Mt area. I'm guessing Root SW can choose the Zags games from a menu of many programs published by all the Root franchises nationwide.....I'm also guessing advertising revenue has something to do with the selection. Root RM does have the game tonight.

MDABE80
01-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Thanks! I’ M on it.
Here is a fairly direct link to the game. It is geo-blocked so your results may vary.

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/index.html?asset_id=156558&player_id=65&type=liveevent

Birddog
01-24-2019, 08:53 PM
I think it's hard to determine how program directors decide what to show. I wrote in another thread sometime back that both Root NW and Root RM (now AT&T) have historically been owned by Root Pittsburg. Here in Utah, when the Jazz are not playing on AT&T they choose to run the Zag games since their sister (Root NW) has the broadcast and they probably recognized there are a lot of fans in the Rocky Mt area. I'm guessing Root SW can choose the Zags games from a menu of many programs published by all the Root franchises nationwide.....I'm also guessing advertising revenue has something to do with the selection. Root RM does have the game tonight.

At the last minute RootSW decides to show the Boise St game, go figure. If I hadn't just bludgeoned DirecTV for a better deal I'd go ahead and add the Sports Pkg but I don't want to mess things up and there are only 4 more games on Root. The squirrels and the Jr Hi guys at theW are coming through tonight.

GrizZAG
01-25-2019, 04:44 AM
So I spoke to Direct TV last year about a way to not miss ANY Zags games in Arizona. They came up with a deal for $10 a month extra and I do indeed get them all. For games like Santa Clara and UOP it is usually on more than one channel which could be 674.1, 683, 698 or others. Even in the mid-600's at times. I'm happy with the option. Since we are only in AZ for five months it works out nicely as they put our service on hold for the other seven months so no charge.

Malastein
01-25-2019, 05:20 AM
I think I’ve had every game on Hulu.

Zagger
01-25-2019, 05:42 AM
Replay anywhere? Don't see a replay on theW.tv