Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Wlthers: Nevada could figure in Zag plans

But we don't play nobody.
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Thanks for the link
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Great article.

If it were decided today, I'd be pretty offended if Nevada had the 2nd seed in the West and we got shipped off.

I look at their schedule and see near nothing. I see ours involving a to-the-wire loss w/ Tenn. And an ass-kicking on the road at UNC down 2 major players, with a win over Duke. I see no real impressive wins on their part, and a horrid loss.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• Markburn1
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
        Great article.

If it were decided today, I'd be pretty offended if Nevada had the 2nd seed in the West and we got shipped off.

I look at their schedule and see near nothing. I see ours involving a to-the-wire loss w/ Tenn. And an ass-kicking on the road at UNC down 2 major players, with a win over Duke. I see no real impressive wins on their part, and a horrid loss.
        Add in wins against Arizona and Washington, the top two teams in the Pac 12, and a true road win at Creighton and it isn't even close.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

I think the Zags would be seeded above Nevada, if the bracket was assigned based on our current body of work, but there is still a lot of basketball to play. We need to keep winning, because Nevada may not lose another game. The Mountain West ain’t what it used to be.

As I look at the contenders for the No. 1 seeds, Gonzaga is the only one that wants to be in the West Region. Michigan, Duke, Virginia, Tennessee, Kansas, and Michigan State would all prefer to be in other regions. That tells me that the West will either have Gonzaga as the No. 1 seed or the weakest of the four No. 1 seeds. We really want to stay out West where we will have that home advantage even as the No. 2 seed and have a path that flows through the most vulnerable No. 1, especially if that team has to travel 2-3 time zones to get there.

If we fall below Nevada on the seed line, we will likely be shipped to play on the other side of the country.
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Working...
          X