PDA

View Full Version : Wlthers: Nevada could figure in Zag plans

sittingon50
01-18-2019, 05:47 PM
https://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/340963/on-a-clear-day-zags-can-even-see-nevada

RenoZag
01-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the link

DixieZag
01-19-2019, 02:57 AM
Great article.

If it were decided today, I'd be pretty offended if Nevada had the 2nd seed in the West and we got shipped off.

I look at their schedule and see near nothing. I see ours involving a to-the-wire loss w/ Tenn. And an ass-kicking on the road at UNC down 2 major players, with a win over Duke. I see no real impressive wins on their part, and a horrid loss.

Markburn1
01-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Great article.

If it were decided today, I'd be pretty offended if Nevada had the 2nd seed in the West and we got shipped off.

I look at their schedule and see near nothing. I see ours involving a to-the-wire loss w/ Tenn. And an ass-kicking on the road at UNC down 2 major players, with a win over Duke. I see no real impressive wins on their part, and a horrid loss.

Add in wins against Arizona and Washington, the top two teams in the Pac 12, and a true road win at Creighton and it isn't even close.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-19-2019, 09:34 AM
I think the Zags would be seeded above Nevada, if the bracket was assigned based on our current body of work, but there is still a lot of basketball to play. We need to keep winning, because Nevada may not lose another game. The Mountain West ainít what it used to be.

As I look at the contenders for the No. 1 seeds, Gonzaga is the only one that wants to be in the West Region. Michigan, Duke, Virginia, Tennessee, Kansas, and Michigan State would all prefer to be in other regions. That tells me that the West will either have Gonzaga as the No. 1 seed or the weakest of the four No. 1 seeds. We really want to stay out West where we will have that home advantage even as the No. 2 seed and have a path that flows through the most vulnerable No. 1, especially if that team has to travel 2-3 time zones to get there.

If we fall below Nevada on the seed line, we will likely be shipped to play on the other side of the country.