• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

What's Few going to do?

As we sit around waiting for the Portland game tomorrow, I felt it might be nice to discuss this topic in one, separate thread. I'm sure we are all kind of aw struck as we watch the Zag games now that Tillie and Crandall are playing. There is just so much talent now. As I was watching the game last night I felt like I was watching the Dream Team at the summer Olympics. There is just one real good player coming into the game after another. I can only imagine what defending teams and coaches think. It's just mind blowing to watch Tillie come into the game as the first sub.

The team is definitely going to change now. We won't see Rui going off for 25 points I don't think. He and Tillie play the same position, and Tillie is going to cut into his minutes. Tillie's presence does not seem to affect Clarke's game at this point. Most likely we won't see Jones contribute as he has all season. We won't see Ayayi much any more. It may be awhile before we see this team gell, but at some point they will. I think this is a perfect team for Josh to run because he does his best when he is playing with a lot of talented players. I think Josh has had a great year so far at the point, and now it's only going to get better for him. By March I believe he will be as good as point guard as William-Goss was two years ago. There were times last night that the team look awesome on offense, and then others where they looked pretty sloppy. That will change as time passes I think.

I'm curious to see what you all think Few's going to do? Was last night's game vs LMU indicative of how Few is going to play these guys in the future? I think it was. I think the pattern has been set, and now the guys must begin to learn to play together again again in a new, and hopefully better way.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Josh still has to hunt shots more. He's the most unselfish PG since the run began, which is great, but he passes up too many shots he's brilliant at converting.

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

It will all depend on the situations and the matchups ….he has many tools to use depending on the task at hand...

Comment

• Zagceo
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

I'd like to see Zags spread the defense with the "big three D"...Drive Dish Dunk..Clarke Rui Tillie pick your poison and double one

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Is that like the 5 D's ?

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story movie clips: http://j.mp/1N7JdlLBUY THE MOVIE:FandangoNOW - https://www.fandangonow.com/details/movie/dodgeball-a-true-under...

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
            now I know why players are wearing mouth guards

thx

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
              I'd like to see Zags spread the defense with the "big three D"...Drive Dish Dunk..Clarke Rui Tillie pick your poison and double one
              Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
              Or triple D's?
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2011

What's Few going to do? We can only wish we had his problems!
                "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• zagbeliever
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Jan 2013

I think he will play our starters until he has a big lead and then let the bench play. I really like it when Tillie and Rui are on the floor together but it seems he pulls Rui out when he puts Tillie in.

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Mar 2008

Have we seen Tillie-Rui-Clarke on the floor at the same time yet?

Comment

• zag67
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Yes they were yesterday. I think that Tillie and Crandall are going to be seeing major minutes in all of our blow outs. They need on the court practice to improve. Tillie needs to keep shooting and Geno needs to keep playing great defense and keep working on finding the open player. Our games will not be as big a blowout but the team will get more time playing together. As the rest of the season goes on I project fewer turnovers and more raining 3s.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Josh still has to hunt shots more. He's the most unselfish PG since the run began, which is great, but he passes up too many shots he's brilliant at converting.
                        He's finishing around the basket a lot better this year. I'm sure the shoulder surgery helped. I'd like him to shoot a little more too, I liked how he took over a bit against USF with 16 in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Reborn
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                          He's finishing around the basket a lot better this year. I'm sure the shoulder surgery helped. I'd like him to shoot a little more too, I liked how he took over a bit against USF with 16 in the 2nd half.
                          Yes. I agree too. I liked his game against San Francisco too. That's how he needs to play. I did NOT like his game at all last night. Why play that way? It was a complete waste of time, at times last night the way they played. Play like they need to play in March.
                          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• YukonJack
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Mar 2015

My biggest worry is to keep really good players engaged. Especially Petro.

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                              Yes. I agree too. I liked his game against San Francisco too. That's how he needs to play. I did NOT like his game at all last night. Why play that way? It was a complete waste of time, at times last night the way they played. Play like they need to play in March.
                              Yes, but some here noted that LMU prides itself on jumping lanes, high risk, it's probably not easy. That's also surely why the ball movement in the first half led to so many beautiful feeds for monster stuff.

The thing about Josh this year, he's played his best in the toughest games.

Jazz is right, though. His unselfishness is bordering on fault. He is an excellent offensive weapon himself. When he doesn't force it, he's great at the rim. Good foul shooter now. And, deadly when left open from 3.

I see why he's focused now on running the offense, and that's a real tough balance.

Yes, First-World problems.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X