PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Brandon Clarke stat...

SamwiseTheZag
01-18-2019, 09:50 AM
Good article on the ridiculous season Zion is having.

Read all the way to the bottom section BPM (box plus minus) after Zion, #2 (since 2010-11) is Mr. Brandon Clarke, just ahead of A.D. & KAT.
They donít even mention Clarke in the article, or the fact that he went toe to toe with Zion in Maui and did pretty damn well.

Brandon continues to be unreal this year. Keep it up Mr Clarke!

https://www.theringer.com/college-basketball/2019/1/18/18187476/zion-williamson-duke-numbers-ncaa-nba-draft

Mojo13
01-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Good article on the ridiculous season Zion is having.

Read all the way to the bottom section BPM (box plus minus) after Zion, #2 (since 2010-11) is Mr. Brandon Clarke, just ahead of A.D. & KAT.
They don’t even mention Clarke in the article, or the fact that he went toe to toe with Zion in Maui and did pretty damn well.

Brandon continues to be unreal this year. Keep it up Mr Clarke!

https://www.theringer.com/college-basketball/2019/1/18/18187476/zion-williamson-duke-numbers-ncaa-nba-draft

I don't know how hidden that is. It has been mentioned here a few times.
He is also putting up massive PER numbers the best in the last decade behind Anthony Davis and Zion (but of course ESPN only mentions Zion). My guess is that Off/Def gap rating showing only the top three has Clarke just behind in the top 5.

I'll keep beating the drum that he is clearly the Zags top NBA prospect by a wide margin.

bartruff1
01-18-2019, 10:20 AM
I suspect the people that evaluate the players and the teams consider the various adjusted data sources....but rely on their experience and judgement...

If he is healthy, IMHO.... Tillie is the best NBA prospect …..he can do it all on offense and defense and his 3 is made for the modern NBA game....

SamwiseTheZag
01-18-2019, 10:31 AM
I don't know how hidden that is. It has been mentioned here a few times.
He is also putting up massive PER numbers the best in the last decade behind Anthony Davis and Zion (but of course ESPN only mentions Zion). My guess is that Off/Def gap rating showing only the top three has Clarke just behind in the top 5.

I'll keep beating the drum that he is clearly the Zags top NBA prospect by a wide margin.

I was referring to the stat being hidden in the article... not that Mr. Clarke's play has been hidden.

Also didn't intend this to turn into a debate over who the best NBA prospect is.

This team is stacked, sit back and enjoy it.

bartruff1
01-18-2019, 11:21 AM
There is no way to hide NBA talent ….. given the stakes involved and the internet, media industry that exists today.... most of these kids have been evaluated since high school and in over 100 or more games....they know where the talent is..

I cannot imagine a multibillion dollar enterprise...... whose success (value) is almost entirely dependent upon their draft selections... would make a 100 million dollar decision ( life cycle cost) on a player... based upon a few NCAA Tournament Games...many of the high draft choices didn't even play in the NCAA Tourney and some only played a little... I suspect their data on a player covers many years and is comprehensive and voluminous ...