It's Game Day, the best day of the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

It's Game Day, the best day of the week.

Our Zags vs LMU at 6 pm Pacific Time. Get your Zag gear on and let's get ready to come together to cheer our guys on tonight. They return to the Kennel, and I'm sure there'll be a raucous crowd there to greet them. Killian and Geno are back playing. The table is set. It's time to Rock and Roll.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • baitcast
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2007

Game day has always been my favorite day of the week and has been for 20 years when I hooked up with the Zags ….its been a fun ride and I hope for a couple more, I've been a college BB fan since the late 40,s and every time I think about LMU I think about Hank Gathers for I was watching that nite and everyone was watching LMU was doing things we had never seen before,I was living down that way in those days...…….it was excitement that wasn't generated by Wooden and has boys!....enuf said.

Comment

• ZagzKrak
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Apr 2016

Love game day.....always make for a long day until 6 though. Are the students back yet??

Comment

• bballbeachbum
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2008

Driving around the bay area in the rain, working, aimed at being back up in the foothills for 6pm tip off tonight

Go Zags!

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by baitcast View Post
          Game day has always been my favorite day of the week and has been for 20 years when I hooked up with the Zags ….its been a fun ride and I hope for a couple more, I've been a college BB fan since the late 40,s and every time I think about LMU I think about Hank Gathers for I was watching that nite and everyone was watching LMU was doing things we had never seen before,I was living down that way in those days...…….it was excitement that wasn't generated by Wooden and has boys!....enuf said.
          Wow! Since the 40's. Thanks for sharing that. Awesome. Thanks for being here on this board and sharing.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Markburn1
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by baitcast View Post
            I was always fascinated by Jeff Fryer. He was throwing up about eleven threes a game when it just wasn't done. He scored about 23ppg and was, of course, the THIRD leading scorer on the team behind Gathers and Kimble. Fun stuff. Paul Westhead was WAY before his time.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2008

Jack McKinney deserves mention here too I think. Classic guy who was way ahead that nobody's heard of. I like those guys. Great article in NYC about him a while back when he passed away

Comment

• zagbeliever
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jan 2013

I plan our activities around game day. LOVE game day! Glad the kids are back! Go ZAGS!

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                  Our Zags vs LMU at 6 pm Pacific Time. Get your Zag gear on and let's get ready to come together to cheer our guys on tonight. They return to the Kennel, and I'm sure there'll be a raucous crowd there to greet them. Killian and Geno are back playing. The table is set. It's time to Rock and Roll.

Go Zags!!!
                  Maybe it’s just Winter talking, but game day (s) now seem like the ONLY days of the week. I swear,
                  Sunday to Thursday takes god awful forever!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2018

Can't wait! Go Zags!!

Comment

• 3XaZag
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by baitcast
                      That Lion team never tired, up and down the floor, 95 to a 100 was a slow nite ,they were really something to watch, Kimble was a smoothie Hank was a tank he reminds me a little of Rui...…….As a tribute to Hank Kimble shot all FT,s the rest of the season to remind us of him......very sad...…..one of my favorite teams......this Zag bunch as me really pumped tho.
                      Bait,

I think a few of your words got dropped on that post.......After Hank Gathers died, Bo Kimble, who was right handed, shot his first free throw of each game left handed as a tribute to Hank. Gathers was primarily left handed although almost ambidextrous, (or amphibious as some would say) Funny thing, Kimble who was 85-90% plus shooting FT's right handed with the prettiest form you ever saw, was remarkably accurate left handed too. His disciplined form just carried over and he hit the shots. Not quite at the rate he hit the right handed ones with, but so much better than a lot today when they shoot with their lead hand.
                      Last edited by 3XaZag; 01-17-2019, 12:52 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• baitcast
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Oct 2007

THX my man

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 3XaZag View Post
                          Bait,

I think a few of your words got dropped on that post.......After Hank Gathers died, Bo Kimble, who was right handed, shot his first free throw of each game left handed as a tribute to Hank. Gathers was primarily left handed although almost ambidextrous, (or amphibious as some would say) Funny thing, Kimble who was 85-90% plus shooting FT's right handed with the prettiest form you ever saw, was remarkably accurate left handed too. His disciplined form just carried over and he hit the shots. Not quite at the rate he hit the right handed ones with, but so much better than a lot today when they shoot with their lead hand.
                          A few years back, some alumni of Rainier Beach, Garfield, Franklin, and O'dea held a 4 team, 2 day tourney at Garfield as a fundraiser. They had dunk and 3 pt shooting contests; Nate Robinson won the 3 pt contest shooting left handed.

Comment

Working...
                          X