Up to date Kenpom Rankings for the top 3 Conferences in the West.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HillZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Sep 2013

Up to date Kenpom Rankings for the top 3 Conferences in the West.

WCC
    3 WCC Teams in the Top 50 and 5 in the Top 100
    #4 Gonzaga
    #39 SMC
    #44 San Francisco
    #93 San Diego
    #100 BYU
    1 Sub 200 WCC Team
    #301 Portland

MWC
    2 Mountain West Teams in the Top 50 and 3 in the Top 100
    #12 Nevada
    #46 Utah State
    #58 Fresno State
    4 Sub 200 Mountain West Teams
    #224 Colorado State
    #281 Air Force
    #289 Wyoming
    #329 San Jose State

Pac-12
    2 Pac-12 Teams in the Top 50 and 8 in the Top 100
    #47 Washington
    #50 Oregon
    #53 Arizona State
    #54 Arizona
    #69 UCLA
    #71 Oregon
    #80 Colorado
    #89 USC
    1 Sub 200 Pac-12 Team
    #209 Cal

I borrowed this from WCC Boards. http://wccboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1843

The WCC is in a great position, which is great news for GU. I believe that USF has a great shot at an at large bid, if they don't drop more than 1 game to a team outside the Top 50. Their win over SMC was big. Overall, when I look at these numbers, I have to be pleased. Solid league, with enough members making investments in their programs to believe the positive momentum will continue. I have thought for years how amazing it would be if Santa Clara got back to where they were in the 90's, if LMU or Pepperdine once in awhile had a stretch like they used to have, and if Pacific got back to where they were a decade ago. We might be seeing that happen. Nothing but good news for Gonzaga. Apparently, a couple schools heard what Few had to say.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

This could be "Thread of the Week"

As an OP that's about as informative a post as one could hope for in reading the board.

It really puts things into perspective about how and when to use your leverage and when sometimes the best move is "no move."

And I'm shocked that SMC is that high.

And the fact that BYU is 5th ranked in the WCC (in these rankings) simply must increase the heat on Rose in Provo. Even with the new contract, I can't conceive of that massive and powerful fanbase being "okay" with total mediocrity, not even NIT worthy seasons.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• HillZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
      This could be "Thread of the Week"

As an OP that's about as informative a post as one could hope for in reading the board.

It really puts things into perspective about how and when to use your leverage and when sometimes the best move is "no move."

And the fact that BYU is 5th ranked in the WCC (in these rankings) simply must increase the heat on Rose in Provo. Even with the new contract, I can't conceive of that massive and powerful fanbase being "okay" with total mediocrity, not even NIT worthy seasons.
      The risks associated with moving to a football controlled conference (ask the Catholic 7), and taking a step backward in academic association (which is important to the administration and many alumni) were always there. With the positive growth the WCC has been having the past several years, and now especially this season, says that you are right--the best move was, in this case, no move.
      "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Comment

• maynard g krebs
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

On Kenpom, they're near dead last in the luck category, something like 345. A whole bunch of close losses, 5 pts or less, and a bunch of blowout wins. Watching their game v USF, it looked like a fairly even matchup imo. Difference is that USF is a veteran team, and SMC replaced arguably their 3 top players from last year and are playing w/o a dominant center for the first time in forever, and have to figure out a new way to play.

Comment

• 23dpg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Another way to interpret those stats:

WCC has 3 teams ahead of PAC12’s top rated team.

Never thought I’d see that.
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
            On Kenpom, they're near dead last in the luck category, something like 345. A whole bunch of close losses, 5 pts or less, and a bunch of blowout wins. Watching their game v USF, it looked like a fairly even matchup imo. Difference is that USF is a veteran team, and SMC replaced arguably their 3 top players from last year and are playing w/o a dominant center for the first time in forever, and have to figure out a new way to play.
            Good one, I didn't know about those close losses.

I wonder how Randy let that happen, that huge a drop-off all in one season. For all the grief we've given the guy (deservedly) about scheduling, he took a 320"ish" ranked program to the top 25 year in and out, losing NBA talent and replacing it, near as well as Few has. I mean it as a compliment (sort of) that I'm surprised that he "allowed" it to happen. I wonder if they lost a couple commits, or what.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Good one, I didn't know about those close losses.

I wonder how Randy let that happen, that huge a drop-off all in one season. For all the grief we've given the guy (deservedly) about scheduling, he took a 320"ish" ranked program to the top 25 year in and out, losing NBA talent and replacing it, near as well as Few has. I mean it as a compliment (sort of) that I'm surprised that he "allowed" it to happen. I wonder if they lost a couple commits, or what.
              the new guys at smc haven't been as ready to contribute as expected, but they have pretty high expectations for this current crop so i'm guessing they'll get better as time goes on...

Comment

Working...
              X