PDA

View Full Version : More TV questions

SintoZag
11-06-2007, 06:21 AM
I have looked through the threads about the TV situation, but I still have one question/concern. Ist there the potential for the games labled as KHQ/FCSP will not be on any of the fox reagional channels that use satalitte people can get? I understand the there has been this FCS package for a while for cable people to get three extra fox channels plus their regional channel, but I always remember those games being listed as on FSN/FCS.

I hearby join the ranting about the ESPNU games. Freaking WCC strikes again, they get a few bucks and I have to upgrade to the most expensive TV package if I want to see the ESPNU games, so lame. Ok rant over.

Rubbadub
11-06-2007, 06:48 AM
The package I had to get when I ordered espnu is like $5 a month. How much is yours?

J-Mac Zag Forever
11-06-2007, 06:51 AM
The upgrade for Dish is $10.00. Keep the upgrade for 2 months and then disconnect. the fee to disconnect is $5 Total cost to you will be $25.

CHEAP-CHEAP-CHEAP:p

gonzagulous
11-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Last year for me on DirecTV the FCS-broadcast games were shown on the FSNW alternate channel. I believe normal FSNW is channel 651, the alternate is 652.

Nevtelen
11-06-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm currently pretty pessimistic about the FCS games being on FSN. It's possible they'll be on an alternate or something, but I'm not so sure. I'm having a friend who has Comcast with the sports package record them for me, just to hedge my bets.

kdaleb
11-06-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that on Dish Network ESPNU is not available as part of the sports tier -- you have to get the top subscription package (America's Top 250) to get the U.

TheZagPhish
11-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that on Dish Network ESPNU is not available as part of the sports tier -- you have to get the top subscription package (America's Top 250) to get the U.

I believe this is correct. That is the package I selected and ESPNU is on channel 148.

drnoe
11-06-2007, 08:31 AM
In the LA area, the Oregon-ASU football game was listed as being televised by FCS, however, it was available on FSN West. The rest of the country was able to see it on ESPN. Hope this bodes well for games listed on FCS. The Fox website is really crappy at clarifying their future schedule. Guess we'll find out on Sunday.

SintoZag
11-06-2007, 09:42 AM
I might be getting into a non-men's b-ball page issue here, but what is the issue Sporting events on cable and no one ever really knowing what is going to be on until it is to late to make other plans? I have heard the morning guyson Fox radio talking about this several times. It seamed especially acute during the NHL playoffs last year, when now one knew what channel games would be on. Is this a result of the fact we have so many channels, or the fact stations and cable networks are doing a really bad job of getting the information out?