PDA

View Full Version : How did this happen?

sittingon50
01-04-2019, 11:13 AM
As I perused the sport's page this A.M. I was horrified to discover that GU is currently tied for 5th in the WCC with Portland! I've gotta' tell 'ya I did not see the Zag's demise coming so quickly. What has gone wrong?

Is it the failure of prized recruit Biggs McGee from gaining access to the school because of the much too rigorous academic standards?

The inability to draw adequate players because the league is comprised of dark & dingy high school gyms?

The honor code?

For the life of me, I must be missing something. It's probably right there in front of my pointy nose, but I'm just not seein' it.

Please help!! As always, ALL points of view are welcome.

SWZag
01-04-2019, 11:21 AM
As I perused the sport's page this A.M. I was horrified to discover that GU is currently tied for 5th in the WCC with Portland! I've gotta' tell 'ya I did not see the Zag's demise coming so quickly. What has gone wrong?

Is it the failure of prized recruit Biggs McGee from gaining access to the school because of the much too rigorous academic standards?

The inability to draw adequate players because the league is comprised of dark & dingy high school gyms?

The honor code?

For the life of me, I must be missing something. It's probably right there in front of my pointy nose, but I'm just not seein' it.

:roll:

Markburn1
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
No worries.

The concerns about defense are overblown.

When Tillie and Crandall come back the Zags will be able to beat the Cavaliers.

As soon as Kispert learns to play defense he'll be the seventh player on this team to be NBA ready.

When Norvell learns shot selection he'll eclipse Harden for League MVP.

Now that the Zags don't have to contend with Finals, it's clear sailing.

Beach could start on any WCC team if he just got the minutes.

By the time March rolls around Petrusev will be a lottery pick.

Rui and Clarke have just been sandbagging. Obviously they will go one and two in the draft.

It's all good.

"As always, ALL points of view are welcome." I don't think anybody really believes that.

One other thing. Some of those that have been accused of being "fake fans" for having the temerity to point out areas of improvement for this Zag team could probably wallpaper your living room with old ticket stubs to prior Zag games.

TexasZagFan
01-04-2019, 12:34 PM

The honor code?

I'll bet it continues to keep our attendance from getting above 6000 a game. ;)

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-04-2019, 01:30 PM

The honor code?

A coaching change is needed!!!

Luckily, Calipari and Alford are available!