PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Fonebone
11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Very soon games will start, and with that tons of posting. Before that all hits I wanted to thank everyone who makes this board so great - the administrators, the posters, everyone.

Many a night, after a long day, I fire up the old PC and can hardly wait to get onto the board. More and more I have come to realize what a gift it is. There is something very solid about it. Consistent. Knowing the various posters, getting used to their perspectives and their approach to posting. And it all ties back to the Zag team and players that we all share passion for. It is, in the truest sense, a community.

I find it really interesting. My life is very full, I'm not really looking for something to fill a gap, I don't like to join things, I don't really have much extra time to use up - I usually only read the board too late at night. Yet.....there would be a big lack for me if I could not sign on and see where the discussion is going. Who is making off the wall comments, who is slapping them down a bit. What intriguing new recruit is surfacting. What sudden lightening bolt when we get an unexpected recruit.

The Zags are truely a unifying force in the community, and this board shares in that. I sometimes have the experience of driving up to a car with a political bumper sticker that creates a bit of a negative vibe in me - then, I see a zag sign or bumper sticker on the car, and I think, well, they must be ok - they are zag fans. It really forces me to go beyond that level of political or social disagreement to see the drive more as a person than as a political entity. I think, hey, we're all Zag fans.

So thank you to all of you - us - who make this board the great thing that it is. Thanks for bringing some positive energy into a world that really needs it.

ZagNative
11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
And Thank You, Fonebone, for putting into words feelings I share, including my gratitude to the community here on the board.

Birddog
11-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Isn't there an Emoticon for that? There should be.

Birddog

zag67
11-06-2007, 06:49 AM
I also agree with what has been said. It has been enjoyable over the last few years to read about all of the stuff that is happening, might happen, the ups and downs of the recruiting, and keeping up with the players during the off season. I live in Seattle, so most of what I find out is through this board. Thanks again to all of you.

zagfaninmt
11-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Hear-hear! This board is the stoke that keeps this fan's fires burning.

gozagswoohoo
11-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Good post. I like this board too, even though sometimes people yell at me... :(

ZagSlug
11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
WOOHOO! Clean up your room and take out the bloody garbage!

Things are much more civil during the offseaon.

That being said, let the onslaught of posting begin.

tyra
11-06-2007, 08:00 AM
You are my Zen brother. :)

TheZagPhish
11-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Good post. I like this board too, even though sometimes people yell at me... :(

True, but those same people yell your name in excitement, too. This place wouldn't be home without the Woohoo Welcome Wagon!

http://www.miramichi.org/images/comm-welcome.jpg

BobZag
11-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Fonebone is really good fella. Had the pleasure of meeting him. Thanks, fb.

gozagswoohoo
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
True, but those same people yell your name in excitement, too. This place wouldn't be home without the Woohoo Welcome Wagon!

http://www.miramichi.org/images/comm-welcome.jpg

Well SOMEBODY has to greet the newbies and show them around. Who better to do it than me....right?.... well, maybe there ARE better people, I just hope I don't scare any of them away, hehe.

former1dog
11-06-2007, 09:32 AM
So thank you to all of you - us - who make this board the great thing that it is. Thanks for bringing some positive energy into a world that really needs it.

:D ;) You're welcome.

Right back at ya.

TheZagPhish
11-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Fonebone is really good fella. Had the pleasure of meeting him. Thanks, fb.

I want to meet Fonebone and BZ. I'll buy you guys a beer. Heck, I'll spring for a few.

Thanks for the sentiments. I know the feeling. I listen to this board more than my boss and mother-in-law put together. Wait, nevermind, bad comparison.

Oregon Zag
11-06-2007, 10:18 AM
It's funny. This morning I was thinking about posting something like that--although not nearly so eloquent--on the board. Well said! I don't read any other sports forums so I can't compare ours. However, it appears to me that this one is very welcoming, has quite an array of personalities, and is very knowledgeable about the game. I look forward to reading it daily. Thanks from me to all of you who make this board so much fun.

Go Zags!

trizag
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=TheZagPhish;102456]I want to meet Fonebone and BZ. I'll buy you guys a beer. Heck, I'll spring for a few.

If I only knew who YOU were....i'd tell you im fonebone for a free beer. :D

Thanks fone for verbalizing our collective sentiment.

lothar98zag
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Isn't there an Emoticon for that? There should be.

Birddog
this?

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6167/grouphugaj5.gif

or this?

:cheers: