PDA

View Full Version : What game action turns you on?

HillBillyZag
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
State your preference:
1. Slam Dunk
2.Great block
3. Great Steal
4. Great Feed

tenniszag
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
For me it is definately a great pass........it's bonus if it turns into a great dunk.

spudzag
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Not a big fan of dunging. Seen too many go flying 20 feet in the air. Could mention a few from last year.

Even when a team's shot is not on, they can always play D. And good D creates offense. Love a great steal and pass to a team mate streaking down the floor. And a laying is okay with me. Like points. :)

Asotin
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
What game action turns you on?

Ummm, the cheerleaders.
All of the options you gave are kind of perverse. ;)

lothar98zag
11-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Ummm, the cheerleaders.
:roll:

Nevtelen
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Ummm, the cheerleaders.

Beat me to it! Oh well... I guess I'll have to choose a block. A good dunk can get an arena rocking, but a tough block can be absolutely demoralizing to the other team as well as get the rowdies off their seats. Plus, it often leads to a fast-break and dunk.

A close second for me is a great 3, especially a contested one or a really deep one. Just something about seeing one of those 30 fters go in that gets the blood pumping.

thickman1
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll take a big block from Kuso that generates a crisp outlet pass to Matt or Jeremy, who fires off a sharp alley-oop pass for a big jam at the other end by Josh.

tyra
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I have two favorites and I don't know which one I like more. They are: Defensive pressure so strong and effective the shot clock runs out; and an unselfish and threaded pass that results in a score. Of course, I've been known to come out of my seat for a dramatic dunk as well. :o

tyra
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Of course, this is a "Great Board" -- thanks to the quality posts, but I don't think we should be patting ourselves on the back over good basketball plays!
:lmao:

Zag79
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
a dunk sets it off, but i would rather see a guy knock down 2-3 3s in a row. someone catching fire is the best IMO.

MickMick
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I miss watching Ronny Turiaff clear the boards with his elbows flailing like medieval maces. I musta muttered "what a man!" 15,000 times during his Gonzaga career.

I really miss watching those great boards.

mendiant
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I have two favorites and I don't know which one I like more. They are: Defensive pressure so strong and effective the shot clock runs out; and an unselfish and threaded pass that results in a score. Of course, I've been known to come out of my seat for a dramatic dunk as well. :o

Especially when I can see it before it happens (which happens a lot...it thrills me to no end that I'm not just some silly hack and that I understand my guys' actions.) I'm yelling "SWEET" before the ball has gone through the hoop...

Nothing like a great assist with a solid follow through basket.

On the other side...cute passes that are somewhat showboat, do not thrill me...they happen...occasionally.

DoggieDogpound
11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
a dunk sets it off, but i would rather see a guy knock down 2-3 3s in a row. someone catching fire is the best IMO.

I agree with Zag79. In recent memory, those flying dunks off missed shots by Erroll were awesome, but those guys draining several long bombs in a row is best. I remember the WCC championship game against Pepperdine where Dickau got hot....also that game at LMU where AMMO went nuts.

kitzbuel
11-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Someone suddenly burying threes just when the opponent is starting to sniff some momentum. Demoralizing. Cap off a run of 2 or 3 threes with a steal and a huge jam.

ZagnetitForce
11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
I'll tell you what DOESN'T turn me on - the phrase "What turns you on" on my basketball message board! :)

zagman21
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I love a great defensive stop. Nothing makes me more happy than to see the team, up by 3 with less than 2 minutes to go, force the other team into a poor shot with 4 seconds on the shot clock. Takes away any potential momentum and gives you a chance to put the game away. Of course if we block a shot with 4 sec on the shot clock, run down and get a sweet dunk on offense, that makes me happy as well. :)