PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cougs story in Wash Post today

kitzbuel
11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Bennett's Cougars Are on the Up-and-Up (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/04/AR2007110401679.html)

A nice write up that really highlights the truly remarkable fact that there are two top quality teams 'in the middle of nowhere'.

Larryzag
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
It's really amazing to see WSU and GU in the ESPN Power 16. Two of the top sixteen teams in the nation are in eastern Washington.

finechina2003
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Very inspirational! The Cougars are definitely my second favorite team. Do others share this sentiment?

Zagdawg
11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm with ya on that sentiment china---

thickman1
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Very inspirational! The Cougars are definitely my second favorite team. Do others share this sentiment?

Amen baby. Zags give me my offensive fix - Cougs give me the defensive fix. :D

Seriously though, I love to watch the Cougs play because they do everything so well. Not a lot of flash and glitz just solid fundamental basketball.

wazZag
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm with ya :)

cougs4ever
11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Very inspirational! The Cougars are definitely my favorite team. Do others share this sentiment?

I'm down with that. :)

mendiant
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Cougs are my second favorite team but might statistically come in third as my second favorite coach is Martelli and my second (very close second, maybe even first if I analyzed it too much) mascot is the Hawk. So, St. Joe's is really close.

But I really like Bennet, and I love the Coug story. I hope basketball eclipses football at WSU. Considering the way the FB team is playing...

Nevtelen
11-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm really down with them, too. I think their philosophy and program culture mirror GU's in many ways - get unhearalded, tough kids that want to work hard and have good character and can develop. Even though their play on the court couldn't be more different from GUs - defensive oriented vs offense oriented - I have to say I enjoy watching them. They're probably the only defensive-oriented team in the country I can say that about. They have such a flow to their game and communicate so well on D that it's just a pleasure to watch them.

Nice article. I didn't know we'd gone after Lowe. Man would he have looked good in a GU uni.