PDA

View Full Version : Nov, 5 Bracketology...more realistic I think

MDABE80
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

BobZag
11-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Always fun, but that's about it: just for fun. :)

kdaleb
11-05-2007, 10:57 AM
A sweet 16 rematch with UCKLAH? Awesome.

kdaleb
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
BTW, if the committee sends the Zags to DC the March after I move away, I'm going to have a very large cow.

lothar98zag
11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
BTW, if the committee sends the Zags to DC the March after I move away, I'm going to have a very large cow.
Make sure to post this on youtube if it happens. :p

MBZags
11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?season=2008&week=1

The ESPN writers are showing the Zags some love.

cggonzaga
11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
I know it's for fun but if we're a 5 seed going into the tournament, we didn't have a very good year. I should say expectations were not met. I'd be disappointed by anything less than a 3 seed. I know we have to beat some quality oppenents but we should still win anywhere from 25-30 games this year.

kitzbuel
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Make sure to post this on youtube if it happens. :p

:pray: Oh please, oh please, oh please; I really wanna see this!

(GU in DC of course!)

El Voce
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I know it's for fun but if we're a 5 seed going into the tournament, we didn't have a very good year. I should say expectations were not met. I'd be disappointed by anything less than a 3 seed. I know we have to beat some quality oppenents but we should still win anywhere from 25-30 games this year.

I could not possibly disagree more! This team has a boatload of talent, but a boatload of question marks to go along with it.

Have Gonzaga fans really become so jaded that a #5 seed -- making us on of the top 20 ranked teams in the country -- is a disappointment?? Lord, save us!

cggonzaga
11-05-2007, 01:27 PM
To me, last year's squad had a boatload of questions. The only questions this year are who's going to play what and for how long. You think UNC, Duke, Arizona, etc. ever went into a seasn with this much talent and didn't expect a top 3 seed in the tournament? Yes, they have to learn to play together but if you've seen these guys together that's not going to be a problem. I also have full faith in a coaching staff that has had way less talent with questions of chemistry and new players and have been very successful. And while yes we are young, our best players have been in the system for over 2-3 years now. If you think we could win 23 games with way less talent like last year why would you not expect more with much greater talent this year? Many of the experts said we would've been at least a 7 seed last year with Josh. You really think having Josh back along with the incredible talent should only move us up 2 seeds? I think we finish the year in the top 10 thus giving us a top 3 seed.

Have Gonzaga fans really become so jaded that a #5 seed

Not jaded, just adjusting to life as a top 10 program in the country. Expectations have been highered El Voce. The days of simply making the tournament have been replaced with dreams of National Championships. 5 seeds don't normally play in the NC.

Reborn
11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I think the thing to remember is that it's early in the season, and I think a #5 seed is a good place to start. I think we have also let some of the prognasticators down the last few years, and I believe we have lost a little confidence from them. I'm glad we're a five right now. It will be up to the team to show they deserve a higher seed (as it should be). If we have a great season (meaning we beat WSU, Oklahoma, win the GAS, Utah, UCONN, and Tennessee) we will be a #3 seed.

cggonzaga
11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
We've been a 2 seed doing much less Reborn.