PDA

View Full Version : Rehab?

brasszag
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Forde (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3094969&sportCat=ncb)

Five Guys Rehabbing Their Images (17)
1. Josh Heytvelt, Gonzaga: Will be "mushroomed" to death by opposing fans this season after being charged with felony drug possession of psychedelic mushrooms last season.

2. J.R. Giddens, New Mexico: It would be mutually beneficial for Giddens and new coach Steve Alford to be on the same page.

3. Micah Downs, Gonzaga: Transfer needs new start

4. Jamar Smith, Illinois: He's redshirting this season after injuring teammate Brian Carlwell in a drunk-driving accident.

5. Kyle McAlarney, Notre Dame: Suspended for spring semester last season after marijuana incident but back now for the Fighting Irish.

I was unaware that Micah was such "big news" nationally as needing image "rehab"

bayzag09
11-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Five Best Student Sections (39)
1. Duke
2. Notre Dame
3. Indiana
4. Michigan State
5. Kansas

i mean i understand, but couldn't somebody take a leap and throw us in one of these discussions?

wazZag
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
CJ Giles?

ZagNative
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
It will be nice when Micah makes such a great mark at Gonzaga that people one day have to be reminded that Micah started out at Kansas - much like Dickau and Knight did at Washington.

BobZag
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
This is laughable. All Micah did was transfer. He didn't stab anyone, or get stabbed in a bar. He didn't drive drunk or do drugs. He transfered. Sure, his dad is a control freak pain in the ass, but that was KU's problem, not ours, not as bad as Bull Stewart and his kid Rodrick who transfered USC to KU.

CJ Giles, indeed.

thickman1
11-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Five Best Student Sections (39)
1. Duke
2. Notre Dame
3. Indiana
4. Michigan State
5. Kansas

i mean i understand, but couldn't somebody take a leap and throw us in one of these discussions?

If you can't see the students...do they exist?

I'd be willing to be if the TV cameras were on the other side of the arena and we were looking at the student section all game long you'd see GU knocking on the door of the top 5. Those YouTube clips of the students before the games gets me all revved up - could you imagine how it'd look in HD on ESPN. Oh the possibilities.

bayzag09
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM

I'd be willing to be if the TV cameras were on the other side of the arena and we were looking at the student section all game long you'd see GU knocking on the door of the top 5. Those YouTube clips of the students before the games gets me all revved up - could you imagine how it'd look in HD on ESPN. Oh the possibilities.

The eyes of the viewers would be distracted the whole game if we were in HD. haha

lothar98zag
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM

As much as I and many others would like the student section to be opposite the cameras, they aren't. GU made the decision to keep them opposite the team benches and therefore they aren't on TV.

Why not just move the cameras to the other side? Because TV doesn't work that way. Can anyone name the stadiums, college and pro, besides duke where the TV cameras don't sit opposite the team benches?