PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

caldwellzag
12-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Since Jalen has now officially received an offer time to start a thread for him.

https://twitter.com/JalenSuggs2020/status/1069961736244129792

kitzbuel
12-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Did he get an offer from Wisconsin football?!

:jk:

BobZag
12-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Jalen would be a massive "get" for Few. Hope it happens. Jake W. says he wants to visit. A mere 2.5 hour nonstop flight. :)

caldwellzag
12-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Jalen would be a massive "get" for Few. Hope it happens. Jake W. says he wants to visit. A mere 2.5 hour nonstop flight. :)

100% agree! He would be the best recruit we have ever landed, hands down.

BobZag
12-04-2018, 11:11 AM
To join Dom Harris, 2020 has potential to be a heady class:

Dominick Harris
Julian Stawther
Zach Harvey
Jalen Suggs
Lamont Butler

More to come, I imagine.

caldwellzag
12-04-2018, 11:12 AM
To join Dom Harris, 2020 has potential to be a heady class:

Dominick Harris
Julian Stawther
Zach Harvey
Jalen Suggs
Lamont Butler

More to come, I imagine.

A guard heavy class to go with our 2019 class that is heavy at the 3/4/5 would make an impressive group!

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Crystal Ball has him 100% to Ohio State, but they also had Timme to Sparty and T&M for over a year.

DagsZags
12-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Crystal Ball has him 100% to Ohio State, but they also had Timme to Sparty and T&M for over a year.

Those are two Crystal Ball picks from June. I probably wouldn't read too much into them at this point.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EScTrH06p8

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Those are two Crystal Ball picks from June. I probably wouldn't read too much into them at this point.

Agreed, that's why I mentioned the Timme crystal balls

BobZag
12-04-2018, 11:38 AM
He may prefer a P5 football/basketball school. Ohio State just lost Urban Meyer. But there are plenty of others. Of course, he could go the Goodson route but he's far better than Meech was.

Zagceo
12-04-2018, 11:49 AM
love to see him reclassify

impressive young player

cggonzaga
12-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Why was this not posted in men’s basketball thread?

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Why was this not posted in men’s basketball thread?

Because for the past two weeks we have had a dedicated recruiting forum. You just posted in it. We were one of the few boards of a major program that didn't have a separate forum just for recruiting. Now we do.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 01:44 PM
love to see him reclassify

impressive young player

Is he eligible? Apparently they're trying really hard to convince Zach Harvey to do the same thing.

northsidezagfan
12-04-2018, 07:05 PM

I think those might actually be predictions for Ohio state football. Maybe.

MR.HUSTLE
12-04-2018, 07:57 PM
Nice mix tape with some highlights against Brock an Washington supreme!!

hooter73
12-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Kid is dang impressive! Hes got that cool detached demeanor that just toys with a guard while handling the ball then the killer instinct to attack.

Not to name any current names, but THIS is the type of high level D1 point guard that a top team should be targeting. This is the skill set that you see right away and dont have to hope that he develops in a year or two to be the primary or even a secondary ball handler. I say roll out the red carpet for Suggs.

caldwellzag
12-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Kid is dang impressive! Hes got that cool detached demeanor that just toys with a guard while handling the ball then the killer instinct to attack.

Not to name any current names, but THIS is the type of high level D1 point guard that a top team should be targeting. This is the skill set that you see right away and dont have to hope that he develops in a year or two to be the primary or even a secondary ball handler. I say roll out the red carpet for Suggs.

We are rolling out the red carpet for him and we are a top level program. Expect to see him on campus here soon.

thespywhozaggedme
12-05-2018, 11:51 AM

He reminds me of Norvell, he just knows that he's better than the guy guarding him.

harryzag
12-05-2018, 12:07 PM
We are rolling out the red carpet for him and we are a top level program. Expect to see him on campus here soon.

Any idea on timing? Seems like the SMC weekend in early February could be a great opportunity to get a number of recruits on campus at the same time.

caldwellzag
12-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Any idea on timing? Seems like the SMC weekend in early February could be a great opportunity to get a number of recruits on campus at the same time.

I have not heard any dates yet, but it would be a great weekend to get him and Strawther on campus together, and if somehow they can get Harris up there to that would be a great weekend.

BobZag
12-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Sure enough, GU coaches will be in to watch Jalen right after they watch Ben Carlson.

Imagine nabbing both for 2020 to complement Dom Harris.

hooter73
12-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Sure enough, GU coaches will be in to watch Jalen right after they watch Ben Carlson.

Imagine nabbing both for 2020 to complement Dom Harris.

https://imgix.bustle.com/lovelace/uploads/448/3b40ffe0-a5f0-0134-1952-060e3e89e053.jpg?w=646&fit=max&auto=format&q=70

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Since Jalen has now officially received an offer time to start a thread for him.

https://twitter.com/JalenSuggs2020/status/1069961736244129792

Just looked at this twitter post of his for first time; love that Jalen Suggs posted a pic of NWG and Perkins together to announce that Gonzaga has offered him. He seems well aware of the great pairing he and Dominic Harris would be.

cggonzaga
12-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Inside the kennel seems to think we have no shot at Carlson.

GuZag2012
12-12-2018, 06:22 PM
As a Minnesotan & Zag grad I think itís great to see Gonzaga recruit some in Minnesota. Both Minnehaha Academy where Jalen Suggs attends & East Ridge where Ben Carlson attends have some other very good prospects too.

Minnehaha Academy
Chet Holmgren-6í11 ranked 53 Nationally class of 2021 by 247
Prince Aligbe-Class of 2022 and will be very highly ranked

East Ridge
Kendall Brown-6í7 forward ranked 25 by 247 Nationally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caldwellzag
12-13-2018, 06:53 AM
Just looked at this twitter post of his for first time; love that Jalen Suggs posted a pic of NWG and Perkins together to announce that Gonzaga has offered him. He seems well aware of the great pairing he and Dominic Harris would be.

I thought the same thing when I saw that.

BobZag
12-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Tommy Lloyd in to see Jalen.

That's GU's two heavy hitters to see him now.

caldwellzag
12-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Tommy Lloyd in to see Jalen.

That's GU's two heavy hitters to see him now.

He is a priority that is for sure. Him and Strawther are our top 2 for 2020 (minus Harris).

Worthington
12-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Is there a chance that Suggs is being recruited for 2019? Seems like he could be good enough to start from day one.

thespywhozaggedme
12-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Is there a chance that Suggs is being recruited for 2019? Seems like he could be good enough to start from day one.

He's an sg/sf. I think Harvey is the pg that they're trying to get to reclassify as a 2019.

BobZag
12-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Not sure if Harvey will reclassify, but a future backcourt of Harris, Suggs/Harvey and Strawther (add in Ravet) could equal the Nigel, Perkins and Melson/Matthews backcourt. In other words - dreamy.

Worthington
12-23-2018, 09:41 AM
He's an sg/sf. I think Harvey is the pg that they're trying to get to reclassify as a 2019.

He seems to be listed as a point guard on all the recruiting websites. You think he's more of a wing though?

thespywhozaggedme
12-23-2018, 12:52 PM
He seems to be listed as a point guard on all the recruiting websites. You think he's more of a wing though?

I think I was confusing him with Strawther.

caldwellzag
12-25-2018, 12:24 PM

He is a CG/PG and I do not see him reclassifying as of now. Harvey is the one they are pushing to reclassify, but there are still some hurdles there.

OCzag
01-07-2019, 10:54 AM
My apologies I'm not quite sure how to properly copy twitter posts. This comes from the site/twitter for what looks like what most the recruits use to make/edit photos of themselves when they announce their final schools, so i'm not sure how solid of a source it is.. but still could be promising:

TIPTON EDITS 🏀

@TiptonEdits
15h15 hours ago
More TIPTON EDITS 🏀 Retweeted TIPTON EDITS 🏀
ďIím on the phone with Coach Michaelson (Gonzaga) nearly every other day.Ē

@TiptonEdits
Follow Follow @TiptonEdits
More
2020 five-star Jalen Suggs tells @TiptonEdits that Gonzaga and Iowa are currently recruiting him the hardest.

@JalenSuggs2020

7:39 PM - 6 Jan 2019

Zagceo
01-07-2019, 11:31 AM
reading a tweet that says Coach is on the phone with a recruit every other day seems excessive imo. Would think some rule would prevent...imagine 10 coaches after top recruit..kid be on phone all day

just thinking out loud

thespywhozaggedme
01-07-2019, 11:57 AM
reading a tweet that says Coach is on the phone with a recruit every other day seems excessive imo. Would think some rule would prevent...imagine 10 coaches after top recruit..kid be on phone all day

just thinking out loud

He does actually have the choice to answer the calls. LOL

caldwellzag
01-08-2019, 07:38 AM

just thinking out loud

I think if you talk to Mr. Timme he would say Mick's phone calls were a big reason he is coming to GU. Recruits get hammered with calls (not saying it's right), but like Spy said they have the choice to answer them and if Suggs is picking up Mick's calls he is interested.

Bogozags
01-09-2019, 06:59 AM
Y'all, when you say "they" are trying to get "him" to reclassify...who is "they?" Is it our coaches, his HS Coach, his parents...

Thanks!

caldwellzag
01-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Y'all, when you say "they" are trying to get "him" to reclassify...who is "they?" Is it our coaches, his HS Coach, his parents...

Thanks!

I do not see Suggs reclassifying, Harvey maybe. When I say that it is usually a combination, our coaches want them to and it is something they are interested in as well. Reclassifying can be tricky, so there are a lot of moving parts when a player thinks about reclassifying.

BobZag
01-09-2019, 09:00 AM
It would HUGE for GU to nab Suggs. Huge. He has a lot of Nigel in him.

Bogozags
01-09-2019, 07:52 PM
I do not see Suggs reclassifying, Harvey maybe. When I say that it is usually a combination, our coaches want them to and it is something they are interested in as well. Reclassifying can be tricky, so there are a lot of moving parts when a player thinks about reclassifying.

Thank you for explaining...

BobZag
01-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Suggs + Harris = Outstanding Zag backcourt.

I just hope he doesn't feel like he has to go to a football school.

Zagdawg
01-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Ryan James

@RyanJamesMN
Jan 9
More
Gonzaga will be here today to see offered 2020 Jalen Suggs and Minnehaha Academy. Kansas is coming tomorrow to see Jalen and the @RedhawkBBBall play New Prague

BobZag
01-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Ryan James

@RyanJamesMN
Jan 9
More
Gonzaga will be here today to see offered 2020 Jalen Suggs and Minnehaha Academy. Kansas is coming tomorrow to see Jalen and the @RedhawkBBBall play New Prague

New Prague? My goodness.

23dpg
01-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Not an issue if it’s just us and Kansas. Haha

caldwellzag
01-14-2019, 01:30 PM

Our staffs dream case scenario for 2020 is Harris + Suggs + Strawther. We will be pushing really hard for all three, similar to what we did this year with the bigs.

BobZag
01-14-2019, 03:26 PM
Our staffs dream case scenario for 2020 is Harris + Suggs + Strawther. We will be pushing really hard for all three, similar to what we did this year with the bigs.

Have to believe Few is pushing hard for an official visit for Suggs.

I'd think the staff would take FOUR guards in 2020, ie, Zach Harvey + Above 3. It's likely pie in the sky, but........

caldwellzag
01-15-2019, 07:28 AM
Have to believe Few is pushing hard for an official visit for Suggs.

I'd think the staff would take FOUR guards in 2020, ie, Zach Harvey + Above 3. It's likely pie in the sky, but........

100% agree with everything you said there Bob. I do know they want Harvey in 2019, but will take him in 2020 as well.

caldwellzag
01-24-2019, 07:09 AM
With the weekend off GU is going to be in to see Suggs. Sounds like we are putting the full court press on his recruiting right now.

2020 class as priorities stand Harris, Strawther, and Suggs. Don't be surprised if that is the class and maybe Ballo/Harvey if they are not eligible in 2019.

caldwellzag
01-28-2019, 12:49 PM
Just to confirm Few and Lloyd were in to see Jalen this weekend. He is a top priority at this point.

Zagceo
01-28-2019, 01:26 PM
cool pic from twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxOpHuKWwAABhQT.jpg

Zagceo
01-28-2019, 01:32 PM
curious what Coaches say to counter the argument faced by every 4 & 5 start recruit...Love your program facilities coaches BUT don't think its in my best interest to play every conference game against weaker talent ....I wanna challenge myself more with P5 competition.

any guesses?

Mantua
01-28-2019, 03:14 PM
New Prague? My goodness.

Hop, skip and a jump away from Heidelberg.

kitzbuel
01-28-2019, 03:53 PM
curious what Coaches say to counter the argument faced by every 4 & 5 start recruit...Love your program facilities coaches BUT don't think its in my best interest to play every conference game against weaker talent ....I wanna challenge myself more with P5 competition.

any guesses?'How interested are you in playing for a National Championship?'

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

kitzbuel
01-28-2019, 03:55 PM
'How interested are you in playing for a National Championship?'

Sent from my XT1710-02 using TapatalkOh, and 'Let us show you the Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk, Rony Turiaf pictures on our NBA wall of Fame.'

bdmiller7
01-28-2019, 06:26 PM
Oh, and 'Let us show you the Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk, Rony Turiaf pictures on our NBA wall of Fame.'

That's not super impressive if you're competing against the Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Kentucky types for a recruit. They have many many more pictures on their NBA walls of fame.

Zagceo
01-28-2019, 09:03 PM
Oh, and 'Let us show you the Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk, Rony Turiaf pictures on our NBA wall of Fame.'

and probably the reason we lost Brandon to AZ is the 72 players on the walls of the Wildcats. )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arizona_Wildcats_in_the_NBA_draft

caldwellzag
01-29-2019, 07:51 AM
At this point in the world of college basketball we are a better program than Arizona and we are right up there with Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky. Recruits look at what you are currently doing, not what you were doing 5 to 10 years ago. We are putting guys in the NBA left and right, we are competing deep into the tournament every year, and we have stability in the program. People want to come to GU and it is an honor to receive an offer from us compared to some other schools who throw 50 offers out and hope to land 1.

IowaSERE
01-29-2019, 09:23 AM
You get to play with other NBA type of players. You will play in one of the toughest non conference schedules in the country. You will play in one the premier pre season tournys. Every one of your games will be televised. Over half will be on ESPN network. During conf play you can work on individual skills that have been identified during the non conference season, also get a good chance to pad your stats for the scouts. Almost guaranteed to play deep into the NCAA tourny and get even more exposure.

BobZag
01-29-2019, 09:59 AM
Let's just get him. He's really good. An excellent athlete. And smart. With Strawther and Harris and Suggs, it'd be a class superior to Pangos and Bell.

WallaWallaZag
01-29-2019, 12:01 PM
You get to play with other NBA type of players. You will play in one of the toughest non conference schedules in the country. You will play in one the premier pre season tournys. Every one of your games will be televised. Over half will be on ESPN network. During conf play you can work on individual skills that have been identified during the non conference season, also get a good chance to pad your stats for the scouts. Almost guaranteed to play deep into the NCAA tourny and get even more exposure.

this...only in the wcc do you get the opportunity to work on things during the season that at a p4* school you would have to work on in the offseason. that goes for the coaching staff too...few has the luxury to experiment in roughly 2/3rds of wcc games. also works out great for integrating guys coming back from injury (or the rare mid-season transfer)

bdmiller7
01-29-2019, 12:20 PM
1st round picks the last 5 years.
Gonzaga 2
Villanova 4
Kansas 4
North Carolina 4
Arizona 5
Michigan St 5
Duke 12
Kentucky 13
GU is competing well on the court but they're not getting players to the NBA like other schools. Duke and Kentucky get a lot of the one and dones, but we're still behind all of these schools plus several other schools i didnt include on this list for NBA draft picks. GU is getting the best players to fit there system but to think we can just walk in and say look at our NBA track record compared to other schools and get players is not realistic. Somebody posted this last year but there was like 40 schools that had as many current NBA players as GU.

HenneZag
01-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Gonzaga 2
Villanova 4
Kansas 4
North Carolina 4
Arizona 5
Michigan St 5
Duke 12
Kentucky 13
GU is competing well on the court but they're not getting players to the NBA like other schools. Duke and Kentucky get a lot of the one and dones, but we're still behind all of these schools plus several other schools i didnt include on this list for NBA draft picks. GU is getting the best players to fit there system but to think we can just walk in and say look at our NBA track record compared to other schools and get players is not realistic. Somebody posted this last year but there was like 40 schools that had as many current NBA players as GU.

Our number will look much better in the next cpl years.

caldwellzag
01-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Gonzaga 2
Villanova 4
Kansas 4
North Carolina 4
Arizona 5
Michigan St 5
Duke 12
Kentucky 13

I can't disagree with you, but we are just now feeling the affects of our NC run, look at next years recruiting class it is loaded with potential first round picks. Plus BC and Rui this year. We are catching up and recruits see it too.

Suggs would bring an elite guard to the program that would have potential be a 1st round pick in 2-3 years, if not one and done.

bdmiller7
01-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Our number will look much better in the next cpl years.

I too feel like GU is on the rise as far as NBA type talent. I like that we win with good players and good people who for the most part stay until graduation. I'd rather have a bunch of 4 stars who stick around than a few one and dones every year who are just there for 4 months to play ball. Kids are napping so I had some time:
55 colleges have had players drafted in last 5 years
22 have had at least 2 drafted
13 have had 3 or more drafted including NCAA juggernauts UW, Utah, and Texas.
NBA talent is really spread and can come from anywhere. Players drafted every year who were not top 100 out of high school. Love GU's mix of locals, kids from all over the US, foreign guys, and transfers.

Mr Vulture
01-29-2019, 04:18 PM
Gonzaga 2
Villanova 4
Kansas 4
North Carolina 4
Arizona 5
Michigan St 5
Duke 12
Kentucky 13

Gonzaga should double that number after this year's draft. Could potentially triple it by the end of next year's draft.

caldwellzag
01-30-2019, 07:54 AM
I too feel like GU is on the rise as far as NBA type talent. I like that we win with good players and good people who for the most part stay until graduation. I'd rather have a bunch of 4 stars who stick around than a few one and dones every year who are just there for 4 months to play ball. Kids are napping so I had some time:
55 colleges have had players drafted in last 5 years
22 have had at least 2 drafted
13 have had 3 or more drafted including NCAA juggernauts UW, Utah, and Texas.
NBA talent is really spread and can come from anywhere. Players drafted every year who were not top 100 out of high school. Love GU's mix of locals, kids from all over the US, foreign guys, and transfers.

Good info! I like where our recruitment of Suggs sits right now and if he decides to play Basketball only, we are in a great spot.

zag buddy
01-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Guard Jalen Suggs will visit Feb. 9-10.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-128492911/

gonzagafan62
01-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Guard Jalen Suggs will visit Feb. 9-10.
https://webmail.centurylink.net/mail#1

You sent wrong link lol

gonzagafan62
01-30-2019, 03:10 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Five-star-guard-Jalen-Suggs-schedules-visit-to-Gonzaga-128492911/Amp/

bdmiller7
01-30-2019, 03:13 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Five-star-guard-Jalen-Suggs-schedules-visit-to-Gonzaga-128492911/Amp/

It says he scheduled an unofficial visit to Gonzaga then says in the next paragraph it's his first official visit. Anybody know which it is, I like official visits better.

thespywhozaggedme
01-30-2019, 03:18 PM
It says he scheduled an unofficial visit to Gonzaga then says in the next paragraph it's his first official visit. Anybody know which it is, I like official visits better.

Can't be an "official" until his senior year.

thespywhozaggedme
01-30-2019, 03:20 PM
It's during the USF game; crowd should be rowdy. Hopefully the students will chant, "We want Jalen" clap clap clapclapclap

BobZag
01-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Jalen Suggs will be visiting GU the same days Julian Strawther visits on Feb.

A massive recruiting weekend for Few & Co.

zag67
01-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Is Julian Strawther also coming that weekend? Thx

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-30-2019, 03:37 PM
Suggs is regarded as the the No. 2 combination guard and the No. 11 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Pair Dominic Harris w Jalen Suggs? Yes, please!!!

No offense to Pargo or Raivio, but these are the Zag backcourt tandems I’d like to add Harris/Suggs to:
Santangelo/ Frahm
Dickau/Stepp
Pangos/Bell
Perkins/Melson

BobZag
01-30-2019, 03:39 PM
It's during the USF game; crowd should be rowdy. Hopefully the students will chant, "We want Jalen" clap clap clapclapclap

SMC.

BobZag
01-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Pair Dominic Harris w Jalen Suggs? Yes, please!!!

No offense to Pargo or Raivio, but these are the Zag backcourt tandems I’d like to add Harris/Suggs to:
Santangelo/ Frahm
Dickau/Stepp
Pangos/Bell
Perkins/Melson

+ Julian Strawther = Best Ever Class

DixieZag
01-30-2019, 03:49 PM
This guy is a really good basketball player, right?

kitzbuel
01-30-2019, 03:53 PM
That's not super impressive if you're competing against the Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Kentucky types for a recruit. They have many many more pictures on their NBA walls of fame.The pitch there is that those guys probably don't go to the NBA without the development they got at GU.

If the staff can get them into the NBA, they can help improve his draft status as well.

zag buddy
01-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Try this
https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Five-star-guard-Jalen-Suggs-schedules-visit-to-Gonzaga-128492911/

bdmiller7
01-30-2019, 04:25 PM
Can't be an "official" until his senior year.

I'm pretty sure strawther is coming the same weekend on an official and he's also a junior.

GuZag2012
01-30-2019, 05:51 PM
Awesome news...Strawther & Suggs would be great additions to the Zags. I live in Minnesota & have seen Suggs play numerous times and he would be a great fit for Gonzaga!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soccerdud
01-30-2019, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty sure strawther is coming the same weekend on an official and he's also a junior.

yeah, spy is wrong. it can be (and is) an official visit.

original tweet (https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/1090722382283751439)
clarification (https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/1090744132153344000)

and:

For D1 men's basketball, recruits can begin taking official visits starting January 1 of their junior year of high school...

MontanaCoyote
01-30-2019, 06:32 PM
We play BYU tomorrow.

bdmiller7
01-30-2019, 06:59 PM

and:

That's what I thought. Can't sign letter of intent until senior year, but can visit and verbally commit. I think it's a good sign he's visiting, and hopefully it means he's leaning towards basketball only and not football also.

thespywhozaggedme
01-30-2019, 07:14 PM
SMC.

you're right. my bad

thespywhozaggedme
01-30-2019, 07:16 PM

and:

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

soccerdud
01-30-2019, 09:06 PM
I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

np, duder. :)

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-31-2019, 12:53 AM
+ Julian Strawther = Best Ever Class

So possible 2020 class of Dominic Harris, Jalen Suggs, Julian Strawther and Oumar Bhallo
+
2019 class of Brock Ravet, Anton Watson, Drew Timme, Pavel Zhakarov, Martynas Arlauskas

Dawning of the Golden Age of Gonzaga hoops: elite U.S. talent w elite international talent. Besides the great hoops team this recruiting would yield, I think about what a great experience for these young men to learn about and befriend peers from such different cultures and backgrounds.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 06:22 AM
So possible 2020 class of Dominic Harris, Jalen Suggs, Julian Strawther and Oumar Bhallo
+
2019 class of Brock Ravet, Anton Watson, Drew Timme, Pavel Zhakarov, Martynas Arlauskas

Dawning of the Golden Age of Gonzaga hoops: elite U.S. talent w elite international talent. Besides the great hoops team this recruiting would yield, I think about what a great experience for these young men to learn about and befriend peers from such different cultures and backgrounds.

Man, that 2020 class would be our best ever and possibly top three or four in the nation!

Zagdawg
01-31-2019, 06:33 AM
Josh Linke

@zagaholicpod
Following Following @zagaholicpod
More
What would it take to get @DominickHarri2 on campus for February 8-10 with Strawther and Suggs? ���� #ZagUp

Shawn Harris,EdD Candidate and 2 others liked Dominick Harris liked

Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
13h13 hours ago
More Dominick Harris Retweeted Josh Linke
�� (Watching this post)

caldwellzag
01-31-2019, 06:49 AM
Wow I was off the grid yesterday and had heard rumblings that Suggs was going to visit soon, but did not hear it would be the same weekend as Strawther. What a massive day for Gonzaga!! I would not be shocked if both committed shortly after this from what I have been hearing. Both love Gonzaga and pair them with Harris and the 2019 class all I can say is WOW!!

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 07:19 AM
Suggs and Geno are both from Minneapolis. Gotta think that Geno will speak to Jalen.

caldwellzag
01-31-2019, 07:27 AM
Suggs and Geno are both from Minneapolis. Gotta think that Geno will speak to Jalen.

I am sure they will have Geno talk to him. I think the fact that him and Strawther are here the same week speaks volumes to were we are in both their recruitment. I would not leave it out of the question to see Harris show up the same weekend too.

former1dog
01-31-2019, 07:28 AM
+

What is our plan for a PG with this group? By committee? Ravet?

Just genuinely curious, in the scenario that Gonzaga does sign all these players.

OntZags
01-31-2019, 07:43 AM

Just genuinely curious, in the scenario that Gonzaga does sign all these players.

I suspect Suggs would be the leading candidate as the primary guard but a sophmore Ravet & Harris would share in some of the duties.

But man if everyone from 2019 returns and they add a Harris/Suggs/Strawther/Ballo class in '20, that would probably be the most raw talent in GU program history.

caldwellzag
01-31-2019, 07:57 AM

Suggs is the one who will run the show. Harris will play the 2 and Strawther is a 2/3. We have an abundance of riches if all 2019 comes back and 2020 is that group.

former1dog
01-31-2019, 08:20 AM
Suggs is the one who will run the show. Harris will play the 2 and Strawther is a 2/3. We have an abundance of riches if all 2019 comes back and 2020 is that group.

Got it. Thanks!

Is Suggs a QB in football?

caldwellzag
01-31-2019, 08:29 AM
Got it. Thanks!

Is Suggs a QB in football?

Yes he is and that would be the biggest reason he does not end up at GU.

Zagceo
01-31-2019, 08:35 AM
The pitch there is that those guys probably don't go to the NBA without the development they got at GU.

If the staff can get them into the NBA, they can help improve his draft status as well.

Larry Bird opinion on drafting players...might be a good quote for work out room

Well the kids are so young now. I mean, there's a lot of kids that come out that have great talent, but they're so young you donít know how they're going to mature of the years and I think it's really just a guess. You know they have the talent, you know they have the fundamentals, it's just about whether they're going to get better and better. That's probably been the hardest thing. We like to take guys that have had a lot of college experience and that had good coaching, and been good kids along the way, but you just never know until you've had then for a couple years because you never know how they're going to turn out.
Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/b/bird_larry.html#CdwOqRyQImqRzkTU.99

former1dog
01-31-2019, 08:46 AM
Yes he is and that would be the biggest reason he does not end up at GU.

My notion, likely not supported by any data at all, is that QB's make great PG's! That said, I hope he drops football. Like in, commits to Gonzaga and decides not to play his senior year of hs football.

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 09:20 AM
My notion, likely not supported by any data at all, is that QB's make great PG's! That said, I hope he drops football. Like in, commits to Gonzaga and decides not to play his senior year of hs football.

He's the 11th ranked qb in 2020 and the 11th ranked overall basketball player in 2020 and would be our highest recruit ever. Either way, he's a stud athlete.

northsidezagfan
01-31-2019, 09:42 AM
Sign him up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcp50zWhEM

thespywhozaggedme
01-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Sign him up

How'd you find this video, it only has 9 views and is 2 days old. This kid is 1 and done good.

BayAreaZagFan
01-31-2019, 12:17 PM
Sign him up

Wow.

BobZag
01-31-2019, 03:05 PM
He has the look of a leader as well, ala Nigel. That is precious.

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-31-2019, 04:11 PM
Sign him up

He loves feeding his bigs!

tyra
01-31-2019, 05:02 PM
Oh my God! I am NEVER impressed by highlight videos because they all tend to be a montage of three point shots. But this one shows off his court vision and passing ability and it is incredible. Salivating for this guy.

Bogozags
02-01-2019, 06:58 AM
He has the look of a leader as well, ala Nigel. That is precious.

Exactly what I thought when watching him play...let's hope someone can convince him that there is more "life" longevity in Bball that FB...almost no knee injuries, fingers remain intact, little or no chance of concussions (TBI) and you get to play with a "family of friends"

former1dog
02-01-2019, 08:09 AM
He's a PG!!

Zagceo
02-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Lets hope Suggs doesn’t go route of another Zag recruit ...end up at ASU playing football.

scrooner
02-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Here's a single-game highlight vid from December. Love his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHHIp-VQE0

HenneZag
02-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Here's a single-game highlight vid from December. Love his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHHIp-VQE0

I want this kid! The way he changes speeds, the angles he attacks is incredible. Oh yeah and his court vision is on another level.

thespywhozaggedme
02-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I want this kid! The way he changes speeds, the angles he attacks is incredible. Oh yeah and his court vision is on another level.

He would be the best recruit that we've ever landed. Ever.

Mantua
02-03-2019, 01:03 AM
He would be the best recruit that we've ever landed. Ever.

There wasnít much footage on defense but I saw him block out once. Heís amazing.

caldwellzag
02-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Suggs would be the highest rated recruit ever to land at GU and is a flat stud. He put on a show in from of Few and Tommy. Big weekend for visits with him and Strawther coming to town!

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 10:21 AM
Suggs would be the highest rated recruit ever to land at GU and is a flat stud. He put on a show in from of Few and Tommy. Big weekend for visits with him and Strawther coming to town!

Still worried that he's gonna choose football. Plus if Ohio State lets him play both...ugh.

CDC84
02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Harris......Suggs.......Strawther......all guards and wings who have nice length. Love it. Also love how Suggs and Strawther are visiting together for a game against GU's chief conference rival. The Kennel Club better be rocking!

OntZags
02-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Still worried that he's gonna choose football. Plus if Ohio State lets him play both...ugh.

That picture he tweeted made it pretty clear to me that he is choosing basketball.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxOpHuKWwAABhQT?format=jpg&name=medium

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Harris......Suggs.......Strawther......all guards and wings who have nice length. Love it. Also love how Suggs and Strawther are visiting together for a game against GU's chief conference rival. The Kennel Club better be rocking!

Yeah man, very exciting. Plus isn't Dominic and his dad coming up to? Few bringing in the closers. lol

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 10:52 AM
That picture he tweeted made it pretty clear to me that he is choosing basketball.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxOpHuKWwAABhQT?format=jpg&name=medium

How? He has a picture of him in both uni's, plus many of the school logos are recruiting him for football, i.e. Ohio State.

zagssuperfan
02-04-2019, 11:03 AM

It seems to me that if he was going to play football, his first official visit wouldn't be to a school that only has basketball. Just my opinion.

EEzag
02-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Me thinks there will be a nighttime scrimmage with all the usual suspects. What a week for Zag-Nation.

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 12:55 PM
It seems to me that if he was going to play football, his first official visit wouldn't be to a school that only has basketball. Just my opinion.

That is an excellent point.

OntZags
02-05-2019, 04:32 AM
How? He has a picture of him in both uni's, plus many of the school logos are recruiting him for football, i.e. Ohio State.

Maybe I'm inferring something that isn't there but the layout of that picture with the ? mark on the bball jersey and downcast look of the football plauyer intimates to me a sign that he is moving past football and focusing on basketball. Again, maybe I'm crazy but that's how the picture looks to me.

And if you're a 5 star basketball and 4 star football recruit, it'd be kinda crazy to continue with football. I mean I get it, if that's truly your biggest passion but there is just so much more risk. So much more wear & tear on your body and risk of career ending injury. Less guaranteed money at the highest pro level. So many fewer opportunities to play professionally. If you don't make the NBA, you can still set yourself up for life in the Euroleague. You can't do that in the CFL unless you're Doug Flutie. And the CFL is only other game in town outside of the U.S. You can make real money in China, Japan, Australia all throughout Europe.

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 06:39 AM
Maybe I'm inferring something that isn't there but the layout of that picture with the ? mark on the bball jersey and downcast look of the football plauyer intimates to me a sign that he is moving past football and focusing on basketball. Again, maybe I'm crazy but that's how the picture looks to me.

And if you're a 5 star basketball and 4 star football recruit, it'd be kinda crazy to continue with football. I mean I get it, if that's truly your biggest passion but there is just so much more risk. So much more wear & tear on your body and risk of career ending injury. Less guaranteed money at the highest pro level. So many fewer opportunities to play professionally. If you don't make the NBA, you can still set yourself up for life in the Euroleague. You can't do that in the CFL unless you're Doug Flutie. And the CFL is only other game in town outside of the U.S. You can make real money in China, Japan, Australia all throughout Europe.

Holy cow you read more into that picture than I did. You looked at it like a Rorschach test. LOL but you do make some really good points in the rest of your post. I hope you're correct.

Zagdawg
02-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Jalen Suggs Retweeted

Minnehaha Redhawks

@RedhawksAD
2h2 hours ago
More
Jalen Suggs subs out with 6:00 Left. Redhawks 76 Central 47 - He has 34 Points and a lot of Boards/Assists. Heís St. Paulís Best!

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1095875013239033858