• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

2nd half team?

Not every game this year, but there's seems to be a pattern of hitting the opponent with a blitzkrieg after halftime. These Zags are potent and can put up points in a hurry.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Stunningly scoring.

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
    Not every game this year, but there's seems to be a pattern of hitting the opponent with a blitzkrieg after halftime. These Zags are potent and can put up points in a hurry.

Comment

• Malastein
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

The Duke game is kind of a big counter to the 2nd half thing. Should be interesting to see what happens the next 3 games. If they don’t lose then this team might not lose all year.
      The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• Zagceo
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Halftime adjustments...let Snax be Snax )

Comment

• krozman
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

except our 2nd half was more defense oriented IMO. Our offense honestly wasn't terrible in the 1st half.
          Krozman
          GU student 1996-2000
          Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Hard to tell with Creighton bc CU played perfect the first half.

We seem to lack concentration, a lot. Duke focused the mind quite a bit, only game this year we've put 2 fantastic halves together.

So explosive that whenever the explosion comes, it's 40 pts in 10 minutes.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
              The Duke game is kind of a big counter to the 2nd half thing. Should be interesting to see what happens the next 3 games. If they don’t lose then this team might not lose all year.
              I want to win every game, but really, I am not sure that the "team" isn't set up better for NCAA's if they don't lose one of UNC/Tenn.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zagricultural
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Nov 2012

I'd suggest "Single Half Team".

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  I want to win every game, but really, I am not sure that the "team" isn't set up better for NCAA's if they don't lose one of UNC/Tenn.
                  I think you're overthinking things. If you can win them all, win them all.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2008

the D fuels those spurts imo and not giving up the o board, but the great Zag O puts some pressure on the other team's O to keep up too, makes things just that much more contested on those tough twos the Zags force

the Duke game does balance the premise some

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                      Do they finish the season w/ BYU at home? Could be a repeat of the team that went to the Championship Game. Undefeated til the end of regular season. Not that I think BYU is very good, but they've won several games in Spokane they had no business winning.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2011

Do they finish the season w/ BYU at home? Could be a repeat of the team that went to the Championship Game. Undefeated til the end of regular season. Not that I think BYU is very good, but they've won several games in Spokane they had no business winning.
                        I just wanna celebrate...for 30 minutes, is that asking too much? The only game I'm worried about is...the next one.
                        "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                        —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2012

- second halves against, Arizona, duke, Creighton, to me exhibit a mental toughness and belief in self and team.
                          - its like rui said, we are a great team, I'm a great player, this goes for all on the team. how about jones, takes one shot a 3 and drills it, that is confidence.

- also I credit coaching staff for half time adjustments, and instilling confidence, and mental toughness..............I love what the commenter overheard at the timeout with 5 minutes left, tells rui to beardown, saying tell yourself you are not tired!

Comment

• Mantua
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ProVeeZag View Post
                            I just wanna celebrate...for 30 minutes, is that asking too much? The only game I'm worried about is...the next one.
                            Absolutely celebrate! Winning an early game on the road against a disciplined Big East team deserves a little happiness from this jaded crowd.
                            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                              - second halves against, Arizona, duke, Creighton, to me exhibit a mental toughness and belief in self and team.
                              - its like rui said, we are a great team, I'm a great player, this goes for all on the team. how about jones, takes one shot a 3 and drills it, that is confidence.

- also I credit coaching staff for half time adjustments, and instilling confidence, and mental toughness..............I love what the commenter overheard at the timeout with 5 minutes left, tells rui to beardown, saying tell yourself you are not tired!
                              Rui's exact quote was "we're the best team, and I'm the best player" that in a nutshell is what separates this GU team from previous ones, supreme confidence that they're better than the opponent, no matter the score at a particular time, and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X