PDA

View Full Version : Potential Grad transfer thread

thespywhozaggedme
11-29-2018, 09:14 PM
I thought that we had one, but I couldn't find it using the search feature. Someone posted about this kid a month or two ago, but I couldn't find it, said that he's either gonna transfer to a top D1 program or declare for the dradt. Kids a flat out stud and is a Washington native.

SAN DIEGO - Daulton Hommes has been named the PacWest Player of the Week for the second time this season. (Nov. 26)

Hommes recorded his third 30-point game in a Point Loma uniform on Friday against Cal State San Bernardino as the Sea Lions defeated the Coyotes. The transfer from Western Washington made 5-of-10 shots from 3-point territory and also earned 11 points at the charity stripe. Against Saint Cloud State, Hommes added another 21 points for an average of 25.5 points per game to lead the conference for the week. He finished with a total of 51 points, 13 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal. The junior ranks 11th in the nation in scoring with 24.3 points per game.

https://plnusealions.com/news/2018/11/26/mens-basketball-hommes-picks-up-second-pacwest-player-of-the-week.aspx

sittingon50
11-30-2018, 12:11 AM
We might want to avoid "tampering."

thespywhozaggedme
11-30-2018, 07:10 AM
We might want to avoid "tampering."

Seriously? A. He'd be a grad transfer and B. We're just posting on a message board.

BobZag
11-30-2018, 12:15 PM
Odd he didn't transfer up to D1 program.

I don't know if it'll ever happen, probably not, but I've always wished Daejon Davis of Stanford would transfer to GU. Few tried hard to get him. But he may want that coveted Stanford diploma. Perhaps a route like Reid Travis?

thespywhozaggedme
12-01-2018, 01:23 PM

I don't know if it'll ever happen, probably not, but I've always wished Daejon Davis of Stanford would transfer to GU. Few tried hard to get him. But he may want that coveted Stanford diploma. Perhaps a route like Reid Travis?

Are you dropping a little hint?

thespywhozaggedme
12-01-2018, 01:24 PM

I just looked at his numbers for the season. One word, "ewwww'. Hard pass.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278522/daejon-davis

thespywhozaggedme
12-01-2018, 01:46 PM
I thought that we had one, but I couldn't find it using the search feature. Someone posted about this kid a month or two ago, but I couldn't find it, said that he's either gonna transfer to a top D1 program or declare for the dradt. Kids a flat out stud and is a Washington native.

SAN DIEGO - Daulton Hommes has been named the PacWest Player of the Week for the second time this season. (Nov. 26)

Hommes recorded his third 30-point game in a Point Loma uniform on Friday against Cal State San Bernardino as the Sea Lions defeated the Coyotes. The transfer from Western Washington made 5-of-10 shots from 3-point territory and also earned 11 points at the charity stripe. Against Saint Cloud State, Hommes added another 21 points for an average of 25.5 points per game to lead the conference for the week. He finished with a total of 51 points, 13 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal. The junior ranks 11th in the nation in scoring with 24.3 points per game.

https://plnusealions.com/news/2018/11/26/mens-basketball-hommes-picks-up-second-pacwest-player-of-the-week.aspx

Article and video about him on ESPN today. This kid is a flat out stud. Hopefully he'll be in a GU uni next season:

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25418624/scouting-daulton-hommes-division-ii-nba-draft-prospect-teams-watching

caldwellzag
12-02-2018, 11:34 AM

He did not transfer to a D1 school because he would have had to sit out a year and he did not want to do that. Heck I went to Point Loma and there are very few D2 schools you would rather go to, the beach, the female population, the school is good too!

thespywhozaggedme
12-02-2018, 08:22 PM
What about this guy; averaging 22ppg and 7 apg. He's originally from SoCal. Says that he's a senior but only shows him playing 2 years:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278978/brian-beard-jr.

thespywhozaggedme
12-02-2018, 08:24 PM
He did not transfer to a D1 school because he would have had to sit out a year and he did not want to do that. Heck I went to Point Loma and there are very few D2 schools you would rather go to, the beach, the female population, the school is good too!

You did? You're the king of inside scoops, surely you must of heard something about Hommes? This kid is legit!

thespywhozaggedme
12-02-2018, 08:27 PM
What about this guy; averaging 22ppg and 7 apg. He's originally from SoCal. Says that he's a senior but only shows him playing 2 years:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278978/brian-beard-jr.

Never mind, went to Chaffey juco for 2 years.

caldwellzag
12-03-2018, 09:39 AM
You did? You're the king of inside scoops, surely you must of heard something about Hommes? This kid is legit!

I have talked to people from Point Loma that I know and know him, as of right now the feeling is he is going to go pro and has a legit shot at a late first round pick. If he does not go pro he will tranfer to a D1 program for his last year of eligibilty is what I was told. That being said I could not get a list of interested schools out of the people I know, but they said that he will go to a legit title contending school if he does not go pro. I asked directly about Gonzaga and was told to wait a little longer to see what happens with him going pro and then they would tell me more.

caldwellzag
12-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Never mind, went to Chaffey juco for 2 years.

He looks like the type of guy who is willing to jack up a lot of shots, as he shot under 30%. But as you said he went to JUCO for 2 years, so he is not eligible after this year.

BobZag
12-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Daejon Davis, babyyy!

thespywhozaggedme
12-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Daejon Davis, babyyy!

Not. Interested. At. All.

jazzdelmar
12-04-2018, 10:06 AM
ESPN Insider article on Daulton Hommes.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25418624/scouting-daulton-hommes-division-ii-nba-draft-prospect-teams-watching

Hommes' strong summer carried over into an excellent start to his redshirt junior campaign. He went for 33 points in the season opener and followed up with a 37-point effort the next night. He can shoot it with range off the catch, get it going on the move, create enough space out of quick actions, attack a closeout into athletic finishes and score out of the post with right shoulder turnarounds and basic jump hooks.

Although he has slowed down a bit lately with opponents denying him and sending double-teams, Hommes has backed up his summer buzz with his play, drawing plenty of visits from NBA teams. With his history of ACL injuries and lack of high-level experience, he isn't short on question marks. He can blend in too often offensively. Defensively, his motor needs revving. Whether he can slide with NBA wings or rebound well enough to exist as a modern 4 are things NBA teams will want answered before feeling confident about drafting him.

He is still rediscovering his former point guard-level offensive feel for the game as a facilitator, and his ball skills can use some refining, as well.

But at his size -- with one of the smoothest shooting strokes in college basketball, along with pop as a leaper -- Hommes has a lot to work with. His skill package is built for a workout setting, which is important as scouts will have questions about the level of competition he has faced at the Division II level, especially if he doesn't average huge numbers this season.

Should he take on a full load of classes in the spring and finish four credits in the summer, Hommes would be eligible to graduate transfer to a high major program and play in the 2019-20 season. He has drawn a lot of interest from top schools such as Virginia and Gonzaga, according to Looney.

But Hommes is fully expecting to test the NBA draft waters in hopes of impressing scouts and executives on the workout circuit and starting a pro career. From scouting Hommes and chatting with NBA talent evaluators, it's clear that his combination of size and skill give him the potential to hear his name called in June, should everything check out medically.

willandi
12-04-2018, 10:25 AM
6' 8" 215 for those interested.

BobZag
12-04-2018, 10:30 AM
I don't subscribe to ESPN Insider and yet I could read the entire article.

Zagdawg
12-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Going to the NBA after this year

His current coach

“He literally just wants to be a college kid and have fun with his teammates,” says Looney, whose Sea Lions are picked to win the PacWest Conference. “He doesn’t want to deal with any of it. I would love it if he stayed here for two years. We’d be extremely blessed. But the reality is, if he’s that good, he needs to graduate and just go pro.”

“All these scouts are looking for the next sleeper, the next hidden gem, and that’s what Daulton is. If you got NBA game, the NBA will come find you.”

https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/965409-the-hidden-gem-point-loma-nazarene-has-an-nba-prospect-in-daulton-hommes

BobZag
12-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Speak. For. Yourself.

Come to GU, Daejon!

caldwellzag
12-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Going to the NBA after this year

His current coach

“He literally just wants to be a college kid and have fun with his teammates,” says Looney, whose Sea Lions are picked to win the PacWest Conference. “He doesn’t want to deal with any of it. I would love it if he stayed here for two years. We’d be extremely blessed. But the reality is, if he’s that good, he needs to graduate and just go pro.”

“All these scouts are looking for the next sleeper, the next hidden gem, and that’s what Daulton is. If you got NBA game, the NBA will come find you.”

https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/965409-the-hidden-gem-point-loma-nazarene-has-an-nba-prospect-in-daulton-hommes

I do not know Looney personally, so it was kind of interesting that he said Gonzaga and Virginia, as people I know in the athletic department said there is a list, but they can't say who. That being said they think he will go NBA as well.

Go Sea Lions!!

BobZag
12-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Zags have a dire need for guards in 2019. Ball-handling PGs and CGs. Much needed. I don't understand why the staff would want a 6'7"/8" guy. Yes, he can shoot it but Few needs guards to bring up the ball and pass it to Petrusev, Arlauskas, Timme, Watson, Zakharov, et al. Maybe Clarke. Even if Norvell were to return, he'd need help.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:16 AM
Speak. For. Yourself.

Come to GU, Daejon!

I am speaking for myself. I posted his numbers high up in this thread; they're not good.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Hommes apparently a Gordon Hayward clone. I really hope he comes to GU for one season to fill in for Zach if he goes pro early.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Zags have a dire need for guards in 2019. Ball-handling PGs and CGs. Much needed. I don't understand why the staff would want a 6'7"/8" guy. Yes, he can shoot it but Few needs guards to bring up the ball and pass it to Petrusev, Arlauskas, Timme, Watson, Zakharov, et al. Maybe Clarke. Even if Norvell were to return, he'd need help.

Hommes is a tall guard/sf. He can play the sg while Cory plays the 3.

BobZag
12-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Hommes is a tall guard/sf. He can play the sg while Cory plays the 3.

Need ball-handling guards. 2-3 scholies remaining.

BobZag
12-04-2018, 11:23 AM
I am speaking for myself. I posted his numbers high up in this thread; they're not good.

Daejon. Rocks. Basketball.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Need ball-handling guards. 2-3 scholies remaining.

I think Zach Harvey fits that bill. Plus Foster and Ravet. Hommes would be to replace Norvell for a year, but as Caldwell said, he may go straight o the NBA after this season which is very rare for a D2 player. If he is a late 1st this year, playing 1 season at Zag could move him to late lottery. If you have a chance at a Gordon Hayward type player, you don't think twice about it.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 11:26 AM

His stats suggest otherwise. I think we've surpassed a player with his limitations at this point; 5 or 6 years ago, sure, but not now. But we can agree to disagree.

DagsZags
12-04-2018, 11:29 AM

Daejon would be a great Zag. Of all the recent misses, I think he's the biggest miss so far in terms of where he'd fit in as a player, particularly with the scramble to get a second ballhandler this past offseason, and now heading into this next season. I really do like Zach Harvey's game and could see him being that perfect fit for 2019, though. And unless Daejon somehow graduated Stanford in two years, he wouldn't be eligible until the 2020-21 season.

maynard g krebs
12-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Look at his freshman numbers. Those are more indicative of the player he is. Numbers can be positively or negatively affected by the team you're on. I saw him a bunch at Garfield. Legit top 50ish talent, as all the evaluators agreed. Look at who recruited him out of hs.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Look at his freshman numbers. Those are more indicative of the player he is. Numbers can be positively or negatively affected by the team you're on. I saw him a bunch at Garfield. Legit top 50ish talent, as all the evaluators agreed. Look at who recruited him out of hs.

Yes, but evaluators can be wrong, see Chase Jeter as Exhibit A. I was destroyed last season saying that he was overrated and was living off of Bishop Gorman and his Duke scholly hype and that he wasn't as good as the bigs we had and had coming in. I was right. If DD does come to GG, I will cheer him on, just as I would've Jeter, I just don't think he's nearly as good of a player as the hype warranted.

Worthington
12-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Two pipe dream grad transfers for me are Payton Pritchard (Oregon) and Sam Merrill (Utah State). I kind of doubt that either ends up transferring, but Oregon has had a rocky start to their season and aren't poised for another final four run in the next two years, and Utah State, while off to a great start, may not end up being a tournament team.

BobZag
12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Two pipe dream grad transfers for me are Payton Pritchard (Oregon) and Sam Merrill (Utah State). I kind of doubt that either ends up transferring, but Oregon has had a rocky start to their season and aren't poised for another final four run in the next two years, and Utah State, while off to a great start, may not end up being a tournament team.

I'm with you on Merrill. Doubtful he transfers, though. USU is his dream school.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2018, 03:35 PM

I think we have a better version of Prichard coming in in Ravet

MR.HUSTLE
12-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Anyone on Cals roster ? Yikes maybe there waiting for PAC12 play lol jk

Zagdawg
12-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Will the Zags reach out?

Kyle Tucker

Verified account

@KyleTucker_ATH
Follow Follow @KyleTucker_ATH
More
BREAKING: I'm told sophomore point guard Quade Green is strongly considering a midseason transfer. Not a done deal, but the team expects that he will leave after developments the last two days.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/12/12/report-kentuckys-quade-green-considering-transfer/

https://theathletic.com/709908/2018/12/12/source-kentucky-sophomore-guard-quade-green-mulling-mid-season-transfer/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278074/quade-green

strikenowhere
12-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Will the Zags reach out?

Kyle Tucker

Verified account

@KyleTucker_ATH
More
BREAKING: I'm told sophomore point guard Quade Green is strongly considering a midseason transfer. Not a done deal, but the team expects that he will leave after developments the last two days.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/12/12/report-kentuckys-quade-green-considering-transfer/

https://theathletic.com/709908/2018/12/12/source-kentucky-sophomore-guard-quade-green-mulling-mid-season-transfer/

Philly kid? Probably Nova bound, considering the trouble Quinerly is apparently causing now.

irishzag_09
12-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Philly kid? Probably Nova bound, considering the trouble Quinerly is apparently causing now.

The latest, hot off the press:

https://247sports.com/Article/Quade-Green-leaving-Kentucky-basketball--126256978/

thespywhozaggedme
12-12-2018, 09:11 AM

Well that and the fact that he's not nearly as good as he thought he was. I was reading the Kentucky message boards the other day and they were shocked that he is not half the player he was projected to be.

thespywhozaggedme
12-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Will the Zags reach out?

Kyle Tucker

Verified account

@KyleTucker_ATH
More

Besides, this is the grad transfer thread. He would not be a grad transfer, would he? He would be a regular transferr and have to sit out a year, correct?

TheOtherGreatOne
12-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Quade Green left Kentucky today. He would be will be eligible second semester next year. This said I do not think he would be someone that would be a good fit for the Zags.

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Quade Green left Kentucky today. He would be will be eligible second semester next year. This said I do not think he would be someone that would be a good fit for the Zags.

Leaving Kentucky because he's unhappy w playing time. Pass on that....either you give him major minutes once he's eligible in January, or you're gonna have drama for sure. Not a position a coaching staff/team wants to put themselves in.

MDABE80
12-12-2018, 01:09 PM
This guy? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25517582/kentucky-guard-quade-green-transferring

Anyone on Cals roster ? Yikes maybe there waiting for PAC12 play lol jk

MDABE80
12-12-2018, 01:11 PM
He's the one that got away a few years ago. He's proven to be versatile and very good. I'd take him in a minute. I seem to recall he liked the Stanford degree though.

TheOtherGreatOne
12-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Leaving Kentucky because he's unhappy w playing time. Pass on that....either you give him major minutes once he's eligible in January, or you're gonna have drama for sure. Not a position a coaching staff/team wants to put themselves in.

That is what I said. He was causing trouble in the locker room because he thought he should be playing over other players that were better than him. I could just imagine if he came here and better players than him that were not high school all-americans were playing over him. no Quade Green for me either.

thespywhozaggedme
12-12-2018, 04:48 PM
That is what I said. He was causing trouble in the locker room because he thought he should be playing over other players that were better than him. I could just imagine if he came here and better players than him that were not high school all-americans were playing over him. no Quade Green for me either.

Where has this been reported?

webspinnre
12-12-2018, 05:22 PM

Plus, he can shoot, but his turnover numbers are poor.

Zagdawg
12-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Jeff Borzello

Verified account

@jeffborzello
8m8 minutes ago
More
Kentucky transfer Quade Green tells ESPN he has committed to Washington.

Huge pickup for Mike Hopkins.

thespywhozaggedme
12-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Jeff Borzello

Verified account

@jeffborzello
8m8 minutes ago
More

Not really. Like Chase Jeter, Green's hype was much greater than his actual play.

TheOtherGreatOne
12-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Jeff Borzello

Verified account

@jeffborzello
8m8 minutes ago
More

Has Borzello ever watched Green play ? If he is a huge pickup, then Washington must be really bad, because he is not that good.

BobZag
12-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Daejon Davis, come on in! Stanford doesn't deserve you!

thespywhozaggedme
12-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Daejon Davis, come on in! Stanford doesn't deserve you!

You've been talking so much about him, there's no way that it's a coincidence.

caldwellzag
12-25-2018, 12:39 PM
You've been talking so much about him, there's no way that it's a coincidence.

I think Davis would be a perfect fit at GU. To be a grad transfer for next year he would have to finish at Stanford in 2 years, I would think if he is a serious candidate to come to GU it's 2020. That being said Bob has mentioned him a ton, so...

thespywhozaggedme
12-26-2018, 08:24 AM
So far on the season Hommes is leading the team in scoring at 20.3ppg, shooting 49% from the field, 41% from 3 and 86% from thr ft line.

https://plnusealions.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2018

exclusivelee
12-30-2018, 10:17 AM
If Jonah Mathews graduates early from USC like his brother did at Cal

thespywhozaggedme
12-30-2018, 11:00 AM

A bit undersized for an sg, but I might take a look at him. Much rather have Hommes if he's available though.

BobZag
12-30-2018, 11:19 AM

Jonah is no Jordan.

PCZ_Frites
01-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Santa Clara's KJ Feagin is seeking to transfer per Jeff Goodman. He'd be a graduate transfer. I don't know if he's on the Zag radar, but an interesting development:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1085327830345494530

BobZag
01-15-2019, 05:23 PM
KZ Okpala, yes. ;)

thespywhozaggedme
01-15-2019, 05:27 PM
Santa Clara's KJ Feagin is seeking to transfer per Jeff Goodman. He'd be a graduate transfer. I don't know if he's on the Zag radar, but an interesting development:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1085327830345494530

We have a grad transfer thread:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?64067-Potential-Grad-transfer-thread

thespywhozaggedme
01-15-2019, 05:39 PM
http://www.scoopnest.com/user/GoodmanESPN/1085327830345494530-santa-clara-guard-kj-feagin-is-transferring-source-told-averaged-175-points-and-4-assists-per-game-last-season-broke-thumb-and-has-played-just-two-games-this-year-potential-grad-transfer-if-thats-the-case-look-for-high-majors-to-be-all-over-him

I'd be very interested in him.

raise the zag
01-15-2019, 06:19 PM
http://www.scoopnest.com/user/GoodmanESPN/1085327830345494530-santa-clara-guard-kj-feagin-is-transferring-source-told-averaged-175-points-and-4-assists-per-game-last-season-broke-thumb-and-has-played-just-two-games-this-year-potential-grad-transfer-if-thats-the-case-look-for-high-majors-to-be-all-over-him

I'd be very interested in him.

I thought he was the most impressive player we faced in WCC last season.

Neck and neck with that Pepperdine kid

No way he comes to GU but I'm a big fan of his game.

thespywhozaggedme
01-15-2019, 06:27 PM
I thought he was the most impressive player we faced in WCC last season.

Neck and neck with that Pepperdine kid

No way he comes to GU but I'm a big fan of his game.

What makes you say that? Few loves the grad transfer senior pg; i.e. NWG and Crandall

Zagceo
01-15-2019, 08:47 PM
Santa Clara guard KJ Feagin is transferring

thespywhozaggedme
01-15-2019, 09:15 PM

Yes, that's who we're talking about. rtz says no way we go after him and I want to know why he thinks that. few loves senior grand transfer pg's.

caldwellzag
01-16-2019, 07:49 AM
Yes, that's who we're talking about. rtz says no way we go after him and I want to know why he thinks that. few loves senior grand transfer pg's.

We probably should keep an eye on KJ, but I still believe our PG of next year will be a freshman that has not committed yet.

IowaSERE
01-16-2019, 07:55 AM

Have we ever accepted a transfer from within our conference? We've had a few players leave and stay in conf though, at lease I believe, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Can a school dictate who the kid can transfer to like they do when they release them from their scholarship and they transfer without graduation?

thespywhozaggedme
01-16-2019, 10:10 AM
Have we ever accepted a transfer from within our conference? We've had a few players leave and stay in conf though, at lease I believe, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Can a school dictate who the kid can transfer to like they do when they release them from their scholarship and they transfer without graduation?

Has anyone ever been good enough to transfer from the WCC to the Zags? Regarding your second question, schools cannot restrict were a player transfers to. They used to be able to but the rule was changed a few years ago

BobZag
01-16-2019, 11:06 AM
This fella is no longer with Okie Stahttp://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067391/michael-weathers

Birddog
01-16-2019, 11:28 AM
This fella is no longer with Okie Stahttp://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067391/michael-weathers

Smething doesn't smell right up in Stillwater. I'll ask my OSU buddy if he knows what's up.

basketballzag
01-16-2019, 09:21 PM
Arizona's Emmanuel Akot is transferring. I can see him ending up at BYU or Utah. 19.3 mpg avg 3.8 ppg 6'8 Wing

basketballzag
01-16-2019, 10:15 PM
What is going on at Santa Clara? Two players have left the team and announced they are transferring today. Senior PG Matt Hauser announced he was transferring along with Ke'Jhan Feagin. KJ has already heard from 19 schools since his announcement including Arizona, Cincinnati, Colorado, Iowa State, Nevada, Northwestern, USC, Oregon, Stanford & Utah.

thespywhozaggedme
01-16-2019, 10:26 PM
What is going on at Santa Clara? Two players have left the team and announced they are transferring today. Senior PG Matt Hauser announced he was transferring along with Ke'Jhan Feagin. KJ has already heard from 19 schools since his announcement including Arizona, Cincinnati, Colorado, Iowa State, Nevada, Northwestern, USC, Oregon, Stanford & Utah.

Feagin has already been discussed in this thread, just scroll up.

Birddog
01-17-2019, 06:54 AM

The three OSU players were involved in some vandalism on New Years day (shooting up some cars with BB guns). For Weathers it is his 2nd transgression since Sept when he stole a wallet in a bar.

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 07:11 AM
From what I am hearing is the only grad transfer that we have a true eye on right now is Homme and that is in case Norvel leaves early. The staff loves our 2019 class and is working hard to add Harvey and Ballo to the core.

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 07:11 AM
Jaylen Fisher is transferring from TCU. He’s really really good. Would take him in a second

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 07:13 AM
Jaylen Fisher is transferring from TCU. He’s really really good. Would take him in a second

Plus he would be a potential grad transfer

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 07:33 AM
Plus he would be a potential grad transfer

i guess i should state if his knee is alright.. i read something about that later..

ANyways.. the know it alls on this board already are talking like we have the grad transfer verbally committed, so between now and next year it will be fun guessing who it is. Lots of good guys becoming available

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 07:36 AM
i guess i should state if his knee is alright.. i read something about that later..

ANyways.. the know it alls on this board already are talking like we have the grad transfer verbally committed, so between now and next year it will be fun guessing who it is. Lots of good guys becoming available

I know we have our sites on Homme, but he could easily declare for the NBA. If Fisher is healthy he is worth a look (44% from 3 wow!)

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 07:58 AM
I know we have our sites on Homme, but he could easily declare for the NBA. If Fisher is healthy he is worth a look (44% from 3 wow!)

I don't think Hommes is currently on any mock drafts. Transferring to us for his senior year would really improve his draft status. Here's his latest stats:

https://plnusealions.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5335

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 08:04 AM
So if Ballo, Harvey and Hommes all join the team in 2019 in addition to Timme, Watson, Ravet, Pavel and Arlauskas that would give us eight new players for next season. Just doing the math I believe that tells us that one person will be leaving the team that we did not expect. Well, maybe not. I just did the numbers in my head again and if eight new people come in and Zach joins the others I think we will be OK because we have Larsons open scholarship available. Eight new incoming players would have to be a record I believe.

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 08:13 AM
Tell me what about hommes screams point guard? That is what we need.

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 08:16 AM
So if Ballo, Harvey and Hommes all join the team in 2019 in addition to Timme, Watson, Ravet, Pavel and Arlauskas that would give us eight new players for next season. Just doing the math I believe that tells us that one person will be leaving the team that we did not expect. Well, maybe not. I just did the numbers in my head again and if eight new people come in and Zach joins the others I think we will be OK because we have Larsons open scholarship available. Eight new incoming players would have to be a record I believe.

We need Zack or it will be a good but not great year next year.

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 09:06 AM

Nothing, Harvey is the PG we are pushing for. Homme is a SG/SF who can shoot.

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 09:40 AM

Nothing at all. He is a 2/3. He would slide right in if Zach decides to leave early. It looks like they want to go with Zach Harvey as a true freshman running the point but maybe they will take a look at KJ Feagin. Everything is really up in the air for point guard next year.

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 09:41 AM

Sorry, I wrote my post without reading yours first. Looks like we basically wrote exact same thing. LOL

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 09:53 AM

Which would contradict what one of the moderators i thought previously said that a grad transfer pg was in the bag and that the PG position is not something the staff is needing to worry about because they already have someone lined up...

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I wrote my post without reading yours first. Looks like we basically wrote exact same thing. LOL

Harvey is 2020 isnt he???

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Which would contradict what one of the moderators i thought previously said that a grad transfer pg was in the bag and that the PG position is not something the staff is needing to worry about because they already have someone lined up...

I believe the other moderator said that Donny has a PG lined up for next year. I do not think they said grad transfer, but I could be mistaken. From all my research and people I have talked to the one they are pushing for is Harvey. He was a 2019 recruit, but reclassified to 2020. The Zags are pushing hard for him to reclassify for 2019 and the feel is he is going to. They are trying to get him to visit campus soon and hopefully commit. When you look at the scholarship table we have room for a grad transfer point guard to come in along side of Harvey to help him grow (even with signing Ballo too). Remember Larsen's scholarship will probably be open and Rui, Tillie, Clarke are almost all gone, with Norvel being up in the air still. We are going to be loaded again next year, but young, so it would be nice is Snacks came back for one more year.

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 10:19 AM

I have not read or heard that anywhere. Do you have a link by any chance?

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 10:22 AM
I believe the other moderator said that Donny has a PG lined up for next year. I do not think they said grad transfer, but I could be mistaken. From all my research and people I have talked to the one they are pushing for is Harvey. He was a 2019 recruit, but reclassified to 2020. The Zags are pushing hard for him to reclassify for 2019 and the feel is he is going to. They are trying to get him to visit campus soon and hopefully commit. When you look at the scholarship table we have room for a grad transfer point guard to come in along side of Harvey to help him grow (even with signing Ballo too). Remember Larsen's scholarship will probably be open and Rui, Tillie, Clarke are almost all gone, with Norvel being up in the air still. We are going to be loaded again next year, but young, so it would be nice is Snacks came back for one more year.

I don't think we have room for a grad transfer point guard, Harvey, Ballo and Hommes though. That would be nine new players including the five commits that we already have. That would have to be a record and would mean that one of the current young guys would be transferring out.

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 10:46 AM
I don't think we have room for a grad transfer point guard, Harvey, Ballo and Hommes though. That would be nine new players including the five commits that we already have. That would have to be a record and would mean that one of the current young guys would be transferring out.

Grad transfer if we don't get Hommes or if we go another direction from Hommes.

BobZag
01-17-2019, 11:18 AM

FIGURE IT OUT!!!
https://www.shopdisney.com/rocket-raccoon-premium-format-figure-by-sideshow-collectibles-limited-edition-1448173

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Grad transfer if we don't get Hommes or if we go another direction from Hommes.

Ah, gotcha. You meant either or, I thought you meant both.

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Ah, gotcha. You meant either or, I thought you meant both.

Sorry didn't type that very well. Yes it's an either or situation. I think if we land Harvey (which I am confident we will) and Hommes is out there I think that's the combo we go with, but things can change at any moment.

Zagdawg
01-17-2019, 11:49 AM
Grant Sherfield hearing from many schools after receiving release from UCLA.

UPDATE: 1/15/19: Gonzaga and San Diego state have now reached out to Sherfield.

https://stockrisers.com/2019/01/16/grant-sherfield-hearing-from-many-schools-after-receiving-release-from-ucla/

Bogozags
01-17-2019, 01:01 PM
There appears to be so many possibilities regarding recruits that are still on the board and now Sherfield is added.

I would hope that neither Joel nor Foster be asked or chose to transfer.

So at present we have two PG's on the team for next year and then Ravet (?) so that makes three so if Harvey comes we will have two second year players and two freshman all vying for the starting PG position. I'm not familiar with Hommes is he the D-II player we would like to have come...another KW of sorts and then there is Ballo...and possibly Sherfield! It is too bad GU can't have a farm team for some of these players to get adjusted to D1 life/basketball.

Much discussion has been made about whether we lose four of our starters (Josh, Zach, Rui and BC) so then we would only have CK and Filip with any quality minutes for next year's team. Yes, there is a lot of talent coming in but experience with Few's system would be needed. I'm hoping Zach and BC chose to stay another year, which would give us an experienced core from which to work...fingers are crossed...

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Next Years Team Hypothetically

PG - Foster/Harvey
SG - Norvell/Ravet/Ayayi
SF - Kispert/Watson/Martynas
PF - Timme
C - Filip/Pavel/Ballo

That is 12 scholarship guys with Norvell projected back, plus Harvey and Ballo. Very young, but talented team. We need Snacks back for his leadership next year and it wouldn't hurt if Tillie decided to show he is healthy and come back for one more year.

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 01:21 PM
I believe Timme is a day one plug and play starter who will get 35 minutes a game. Watson will float through 3 positions and get 30 minutes a game, Filip starts and gets 30 a game, Harvey/Foster run the show, Kispert will be 1st team WCC, and Snacks is our All-American.

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 02:20 PM
I believe Timme is a day one plug and play starter who will get 35 minutes a game. Watson will float through 3 positions and get 30 minutes a game, Filip starts and gets 30 a game, Harvey/Foster run the show, Kispert will be 1st team WCC, and Snacks is our All-American.

With all due respect to Foster, if he is the starting pg next year or getting starter type minutes, we are in trouble. I had a friend text me the other day after I told him to start watching GU and he said “is this Greg Foster kid the worst scholarship player Few has had or what?”.. I think that’s quite the exaggeration but I just don’t see him being much more than a PMAC.

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 02:50 PM

PG - Foster/Harvey
SG - Norvell/Ravet/Ayayi
PF - Timme
C - Filip/Pavel/Ballo

That is 12 scholarship guys with Norvell projected back, plus Harvey and Ballo. Very young, but talented team. We need Snacks back for his leadership next year and it wouldn't hurt if Tillie decided to show he is healthy and come back for one more year.

I honestly don't think there is any way shape or form that Greg Foster will ever be a starter on this team. If we land Harvey and Hommes and Zach leaves my ideal lineup would look something like this:

PG: Harvey, Ravet, Foster
SG: Hommes, Ayayi, Arlauskas
SF: Watson, Corey
PF: Timme, Watson
C: Petrusev, Ballo, Pavel

zagsfanforlife
01-17-2019, 03:17 PM
I honestly don't think there is any way shape or form that Greg Foster will ever be a starter on this team. If we land Harvey and Hommes and Zach leaves my ideal lineup would look something like this:

I would be shocked if Kispert doesnt start next year. I am not saying I would start him, just saying Few will.

ZagsObserver
01-17-2019, 04:18 PM

PG - Foster/Harvey
SG - Norvell/Ravet/Ayayi
PF - Timme
C - Filip/Pavel/Ballo

You don’t expect Watson to get much time at pf?

Also, I can’t imagine Foster starting in any scenario, certainly not if we have Harvey. Have you heard differently?

thespywhozaggedme
01-17-2019, 04:34 PM
I would be shocked if Kispert doesnt start next year. I am not saying I would start him, just saying Few will.

I agree 100%. I am positive that AW is the superior player, but I am also postitive that Corey Few will start over him. lol

bdmiller7
01-17-2019, 04:59 PM

Here's the list of players that have played 35 min a game under Few.

Stepp in 03
Raivio in 05, 07
Morrison in 06
Bouldin in 10

Those guys all played on teams without much depth. Timme won't lay 35 and I'd be really surprised if Watson or Petrusev play 30. Rui and Clarke both get less than 30 mpg.

caldwellzag
01-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Here's the list of players that have played 35 min a game under Few.

Stepp in 03
Raivio in 05, 07
Morrison in 06
Bouldin in 10

Those guys all played on teams without much depth. Timme won't lay 35 and I'd be really surprised if Watson or Petrusev play 30. Rui and Clarke both get less than 30 mpg.

Fair enough point. Timme is going to be special for us, but with our rotation of bigs I was probably a little over zealous.

caldwellzag
01-18-2019, 06:40 AM

If we land Harvey (which is looking good) Harvey will be our starting PG, I put Foster/Harvey running the show as Harvey will still need a backup and I don't if Brock is that guy as of yet. He very easily could be. Foster is athletic enough to play at this level, but surprisingly his skill level is just not there even though his dad was a NBA guy. I do not see Foster getting more than 10 minutes per game let me say that.

caldwellzag
01-18-2019, 06:43 AM

Mine were not put in order of who starts at each position, it was just more putting people at the position they should play most frequently. Kispert not starting would be pretty tough, even though I believe Watson/Timme are going to be our go to guys, Corey just brings something that we need and that is leadership.

ZAG 4 LIFE
01-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Harvey is 2020 isnt he???

24/7 Sports still lists Zach Harvey as a 2020 guy... He is also
listed as a Shooting Guard, not a point. Dom Harris is also a 2020 guy
and is listed as a combo guard which seems right to me after watching
him play.

Has Harvey indicated he may reclassify?

thespywhozaggedme
01-18-2019, 12:35 PM
him play.

Yes. Read the thread on him, ton of good info.

bdmiller7
01-18-2019, 03:23 PM
him play.

He has bounced between 19 and 20 a couple times already. I've heard he's playing point this year and really working on pg skills, including being a vocal floor leader.

bdmiller7
01-24-2019, 09:23 AM

Says he's down to SDSU, Cincy, Northwestern, and Oregon per ESPN.

thespywhozaggedme
02-02-2019, 09:36 PM
So there's been a lot of loud whispers about a grad transfer pg that the staff is really high on. I think I may have figured out who it is, and he is indeed very good:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066757/sam-merrill

WallaWallaZag
02-03-2019, 12:39 AM
So there's been a lot of loud whispers about a grad transfer pg that the staff is really high on. I think I may have figured out who it is, and he is indeed very good:

why would you think it's him??? he hasn't redshirted so he's not an obvious candidate...

thespywhozaggedme
02-03-2019, 06:17 AM
why would you think it's him??? he hasn't redshirted so he's not an obvious candidate...

Graduate in 3 years

RenoZag
02-03-2019, 08:52 AM

More details on Mr. Merrill here:
https://utahstateaggies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=34

Might be difficult to pry him out of a circumstance where he has thrived. . .

thespywhozaggedme
02-03-2019, 09:04 AM
More details on Mr. Merrill here:
https://utahstateaggies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=34

Might be difficult to pry him out of a circumstance where he has thrived. . .

Agreed, but if he wants to play for a perennial national powerhouse there is a spot immediately available for him next season. Anyway, I don't know if he is the rumored grad transfer recruit, just my educated guess. The kid is a flat out stud

Mr Vulture
02-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Agreed, but if he wants to play for a perennial national powerhouse there is a spot immediately available for him next season. Anyway, I don't know if he is the rumored grad transfer recruit, just my educated guess. The kid is a flat outside.

Related to Stu Merrill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogozags
02-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Graduate in 3 years

Spy, you might be right but has there been any indication that he will graduate this season? In addition, isn't he an SG? He has excellent range and consistency and shares the ball well...BUT as Renozag suggests, it might be awfully difficult to pry him away from USU, where his sister coaches and his family lives...

BobZag
02-03-2019, 09:54 AM
USU is his dream school.

thespywhozaggedme
02-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Related to Stu Merrill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that it was his son, but the last names are not the same. The former coach is Stew Morrill

thespywhozaggedme
02-03-2019, 10:04 AM
USU is his dream school.

It was his family school and he's a legend. But if he graduates this year and moves on to Gonzaga, I don't think that there will be any hard feelings at all. In fact I think it will be looked upon as something honorific by the Aggies fan base.

thespywhozaggedme
02-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Spy, you might be right but has there been any indication that he will graduate this season? In addition, isn't he an SG? He has excellent range and consistency and shares the ball well...BUT as Renozag suggests, it might be awfully difficult to pry him away from USU, where his sister coaches and his family lives...

He is there point guard this year and he has put up great numbers. All I know is that there is supposedly a very good, under the radar grad transfer point guard coming in next year and I've been doing a ton of research and concluded that it was him. But I am wrong about 75% of the time. LOL

former1dog
02-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Spy,

Would you give a general explanation of your research which led to this conclusion?

Seems like a big stretch.

Grand Valley Zag
02-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Dude's bio says his wife plays soccer at USU

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Spy,

Would you give a general explanation of your research which led to this conclusion?

Seems like a big stretch.

It's not a "big" stretch, it's huge. I had heard loud whispers that a grad transfer was very likely; that was all, no name, nothing. I did some digging and if this guy graduates as a junior, I think it may be him. But as I mentioned on the regular board, take what I post with less than a grain of salt, there is literally nothing concrete to back up my claim, just my hunch.

hooter73
02-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Mountain West, cant join em... poach em? :roll:

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Mountain West, cant join em... poach em? :roll:

In our case, flirt with them, reject them and then take the best of them. lol

ZagsObserver
02-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Well, if we’re just going to throw random names out, who’s next? Any other wild guesses?

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Well, if we’re just going to throw random names out, who’s next? Any other wild guesses?

Some people are saying that it's Peyton Pritchard. I hope not.

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-04-2019, 03:39 PM

Nick Emery?

hondo
02-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Well played Mad Man

doctorzag
02-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Some people are saying that it's Peyton Pritchard. I hope not.

Pritchard is not a grad transfer. Would have to sit a year

thespywhozaggedme
02-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Pritchard is not a grad transfer. Would have to sit a year

Isn't he a junior? Or is he a sophomore, now I'm confused. I thought he was a junior. And if you are a junior and have graduated in three years you can be a grad transfer as well I believe.

ZagzKrak
02-04-2019, 09:37 PM
I would think most grad transfers have a redshirt year under their belt.....so 4 years of school but only 3 playing.

thespywhozaggedme
02-05-2019, 06:41 AM
I would think most grad transfers have a redshirt year under their belt.....so 4 years of school but only 3 playing.

Yes, that is the typical grad transfer route. But also if someone graduates after their junior year and I believe they are a grad transfer as a senior as well. There is an example of that very scenario recently but I can't remember the players name.

caldwellzag
02-05-2019, 07:03 AM

Most the time you are correct, but with Dual Enrollment in high school these days many student have nearly 2 years of college under their belt before stepping onto college campuses. That makes graduating in 2/3 years very possible.

SLOZag
02-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Most the time you are correct, but with Dual Enrollment in high school these days many student have nearly 2 years of college under their belt before stepping onto college campuses. That makes graduating in 2/3 years very possible.

Another parallel thought: If upon high school graduation a student chooses to delay entry into college (like for an LDS mission), I assume at the same time he/she still might take college-level courses online, or by correspondence. Net result: making graduation in 2/3 years possible.

BobZag
02-05-2019, 09:56 AM
This thread will blow up after the season ends in April.

Birddog
02-05-2019, 10:33 AM
This thread will blow up after the season ends in April.

The truth Yoda speaks.