PDA

View Full Version : Morrison Podcast

isongd
11-29-2018, 12:21 PM
Jeff Goodman just tweeted he will be releasing a Good n' Plenty podcast interviewing Adam Morrison soon.

Said to have great Mark Few stories, and fact or fiction about stuff said about Morrison over the years. Be on the lookout.

strikenowhere
11-29-2018, 12:25 PM
Awesome - look forward to it!

isongd
11-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Awesome - look forward to it!

Out now. I'm too dumb to link it. But on Goodman's twitter.

slickguser
11-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Out now. I'm too dumb to link it. But on Goodman's twitter.

https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/c/4/5c4e348ff77aa42a/Adam_Morrison.mp3?c_id=27187571

ProVeeZag
11-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Listening to it now. Very interesting. Thx for the link, 'guser!

Spink
11-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks for link! Love it.

Zagceo
11-29-2018, 10:48 PM
Started out slow but the second half was entertaining imo.

Morrison talked to lawyers about suing Wiltjer over the gun comments a few years ago. Didn’t want people to think he was some gun nut in the northwest living like a prepper. Wiltjer also apologized and felt bad. Morrison decided against it.

Morrison thinks Rui will Play the 3 and Kispert will come off the bench once Tillie is 100%.

rijman
11-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Thank you for the link, very interesting.

hockeyzag
11-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Started out slow but the second half was entertaining imo.

Morrison talked to lawyers about suing Wiltjer over the gun comments a few years ago. Didnít want people to think he was some gun nut in the northwest living like a prepper. Wiltjer also apologized and felt bad. Morrison decided against it.

Morrison thinks Rui will Play the 3 and Kispert will come off the bench once Tillie is 100%.

Good to hear, I'll give it a second try.

The first half was mostly cliche we've heard it before questions (do you shower? do you have a bunker? were you bff's with Reddick?) I couldn't take it so I quit listening.

hockeyzag
11-30-2018, 04:27 PM
This is the part where my ears really perked up...

Goodman asks Morrison about what the lineup will look like when Killian Tillie comes back.

Morrison: "For me personally, I would play all three of them big, but not right away, I would stay with the same lineup, because we're scoring at a great clip and because Corey Kispert has played pretty well in that reserve role for Tillie.

I think your advantage is Rui at the 3 and then BC at the 4 or 5 with Tillie and then you can rotate them mismatch wise. I think what Few would do is bring Tillie off the bench at the beginning, to get him acclimated off the injury and to take a little bit of the pressure off of him.

But coming into the season I thought playing those 3 and allowing Rui be a little more of a perimeter player and making teams adjust was kind of what we were leaning towards. Because Rui is starting to make jumpers, starting to make threes, the ball is coming off his hands good and he's starting to make better decisions off the dribble. If we play him at the 3 that's a huge mismatch problem for any team, when you have him posting up that's hard to guard. If you have a WCC 3 man guarding Rui, who else do you put on him? You can't put a tiny guy on him, but if you put a big there's a mismatch. Brandon Clarke is better than a lot of people think as well."

Goodman: "He's really good, I love em'."

Morrison: "He is, so do I, he's so productive this whole season. He's had games, he's had a (field goals) 9 for 9, an 8 for 9, he's had a 7 for 10, and he's one of those guys that plays like 20-25 minutes, and you don't have to run plays for him. He blocks shots, he rebounds, he's got a little floater, he can shoot it a little bit. I think he has a chance to be a good pro, like a 3rd or 4th option type of guy. Just pure athlete that can run, can switch all ball screens, defend, and like I said his shooting is better than it looks. It comes off his hand good so I think if it's something that if he focuses on he can really improve."