• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Post game analysis Gonzaga vs North Dakota St

GU 102
    NDS 60

Hope Geno recovers quickly. Wow% Too bad. Just when you were beginning to feel comfortable.

GU hit 15 three's shooting 51.7% from the three. We shot 62% for the game. Six players in double figures. led by Clarke, Rui (tied at 18), Kispert 17, NORVELL, 15. Josh 10 and Petrusev 11. Kispert shooting 5-7 from the 3 and Norvell 4-8.

I was really pulling for Kispert to have a good game and he did. I know he can shoot that way. Glad to see it. I am hoping that he can shoot this way on Saturday.

I thought the bench players played great again. Petrusive can really shoot the 3 making 2-4. The stats on ESPN havae Cooke for 5 blocks, but Heister said he had 7. I'd say 7 blocks too. I love watching him block shots.

Creighton next on Saturday @ Creighton.

Go Zags!!!
    Last edited by Reborn; 11-27-2018, 06:36 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • GonzaGAW
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2012

- we are so talented offensively, I think we tend to over look the defense.
    - it was after all, the defense that turned away duke's last 7 shots.

- again tonight we keep a team at or below their team shooting percentages
    - and again we stifle the opponent to share the basketball. What, 2-3 assists, are you kidding! the team defense is moving, plugging the passing lanes, giving up only 9 assists a game. it is early I know, but that is an insanely low figure.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for sharing your post. I totally agree with you. NDSU's guards can really shoot the 3. In the beginning of the game their accuracy was good. About halfway through the first half, Gonzaga began to defend better, and NDSU's accuracy began to go down. Our guys did a great job the rest of the game. I love how Clarke never loses his intensity. And I love his passion to block shocks. You know, I have also been impressed with Rui's defense, and Kispert's too.

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Robzagnut
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

What a nightmare.

Two 6' 8" inter-changeable PF with extreme athleticism to get their own shot, pull up from the outside or post up. On the defensive side both have the strength and ability to challenge shots, switch on smaller guards and grab rebounds.

Two 6' 5" inter-changeable SG/SF with extreme range and the ability to drive to the basket creating pressure on the defense. On the other side they are tall/athletic enough to switch and stick their noses inside to pull down critical rebounds.

All run by a 5th year senior who doesn't have to seek his shot with four outstanding offensive players around him to share the basketball. But, has the ability to make the 3 that fans wish he would shoot it more... He runs an offense so complex and varied that an opposing coach stated his folder on it was an inch thick and that they could run a different play every time down the court.

Their 6th man is a 6' 11" freshman? with sweet inside moves and a beautiful stroke outside the arc. How do you cover that? Their next man up is a 6' 7" hard nosed do-it-all player who only wants to win.

What a freakin nightmare.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Awesome analysis of our team. Perfect. Really good post. Thanks!

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Sarenyon
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Add a 6'10" bouncy, problem solver PF/C with an outstanding outside shot and many crafty moves in the post in January... The team is just wicked, wicked good.
            GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Robzagnut View Post
              What a nightmare.

Two 6' 8" inter-changeable PF with extreme athleticism to get their own shot, pull up from the outside or post up. On the defensive side both have the strength and ability to challenge shots, switch on smaller guards and grab rebounds.

Two 6' 5" inter-changeable SG/SF with extreme range and the ability to drive to the basket creating pressure on the defense. On the other side they are tall/athletic enough to switch and stick their noses inside to pull down critical rebounds.

All run by a 5th year senior who doesn't have to seek his shot with four outstanding offensive players around him to share the basketball. But, has the ability to make the 3 that fans wish he would shoot it more... He runs an offense so complex and varied that an opposing coach stated his folder on it was an inch thick and that they could run a different play every time down the court.

Their 6th man is a 6' 11" freshman? with sweet inside moves and a beautiful stroke outside the arc. How do you cover that? Their next man up is a 6' 7" hard nosed do-it-all player who only wants to win.

Their grad transfer PG/SG is a proven scorer and distributor providing veteran leadership and most. He’s expected back in time to be fully integrated and contributing before WCC tourney.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                Their grad transfer PG/SG is a proven scorer and distributor providing veteran leadership and most. He’s expected back in time to be fully integrated and contributing before WCC tourney.
                it was and is a matter of time before he starts to find his place and groove...you don't shoot over 50% from the field for two consecutive years as the go-to player on your team for it to completely disappear.

Comment

• Larryzag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Robzagnut View Post
                  What a nightmare.

One of my favorite posts this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X