• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag buddy
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

thank you coach G.

I don't remember his last name but I believe he was formerly from EWSC. Lost his job and coached here for a couple of years. Up until that time we won our games by outscoring the other team. That was the period when I noticed vast improvement in our defense. His influence on coach Few has been noticeable ever since. We all owe him a big debt of gratitude.
  • Goshzagit
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2007

is that you Coach Giac?

kidding.

couldn't agree more, a definite and definitive shift in defensive play/culture when he arrived.

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by zag buddy View Post
      I don't remember his last name but I believe he was formerly from EWSC. Lost his job and coached here for a couple of years. Up until that time we won our games by outscoring the other team. That was the period when I noticed vast improvement in our defense. His influence on coach Few has been noticeable ever since. We all owe him a big debt of gratitude.
      EWU since '77.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Billfish'80
        Kennel Club Material
        • Dec 2008

I personally believe that both Ray and Ken Bone had a significant influence on our increased emphasis on defense.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Billfish'80 View Post
          I personally believe that both Ray and Ken Bone had a significant influence on our increased emphasis on defense.
          +1, Ken will have a significant influence in improving Pepperdine's fortunes. He's just what Romar needs, a great X's and O's coach that complements Romar's ability to recruit.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2011

I'm curious what Coach Giacoletti is doing these days. My cursory online search just now didn't reveal anything since he resigned from Drake Univ. head position in 2016. Is he out of basketball completely?
            Last edited by ProVeeZag; 11-23-2018, 11:13 AM. Reason: Fix spelling
            "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
            —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• zag buddy
              Banned
              • Dec 2007

Coach Fews ability to bring in other former head coaches has been a real blessing and advantage for GU.
              EWSC = EWU. Showing my age.

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ProVeeZag View Post
                I'm curious what Coach Giacoletti is doing these days. My cursory online search just now didn't reveal anything since he resigned from Drake Univ. head position in 2016. Is he out of basketball completely?
                Heard him interviewed ( EWU's Larry Weir's podcast?) & posted here (before practice started?); he's doing play by play for a network in the Midwest for a couple of different leagues.
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Credit also needs to go to Few for taking in the input. You would be shocked by the amount of head coaches who wouldn't

I will never forgive Utah for firing RayG. One of the worst firings that has taken place in the past 25 years of college basketball. Unlike what most coaches do, RayG decided to rebuild Utah from the ground up with his own dudes once Bogut left and Utah was forced to rebuild. No transfers. Freshmen. By the time he FINALLY got the program back on track, they canned him. Of course the next coach was made to look like a genius when he took "Ray's team" to the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

truth

Comment

• Zagsker
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2008

EWSC??...come on man...how's the model T?
                      I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• zag buddy
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2007

I was trying to come up with a pithy quip Zagster but I just couldn't find the energy.

Comment

• Zagsker
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

I was trying to come up with a pithy quip Zagster but I just couldn't find the energy.
                          Lol...
                          I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

Working...
                          X