PDA

View Full Version : 2021 - Ben Gregg

caldwellzag
11-23-2018, 06:54 AM
I am making Ben his own thread as he has stated that Gonzaga is his dream school and he has really broke out this year. Don't be shocked to see an offer here soon.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/pr...e-city-rebels/

thespywhozaggedme
11-23-2018, 03:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBRLMuIspoo

BobZag
11-24-2018, 05:36 PM
Reminds me a bit of Arlauskas.

The ideal scenario is he or his team attend a Zag camp next summer and Few offers and gets a commitment, ala Watson.

kitzbuel
11-25-2018, 02:57 AM
I am making Ben his own thread as he has stated that Gonzaga is his dream school and he has really broke out this year. Don't be shocked to see an offer here soon.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/pr...e-city-rebels/

Your link wasn’t working for some reason. https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/prospect-profile-ben-gregg-2021-columbia-christian-hs-rose-city-rebels/

BobZag
11-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Can't let this kid get away. His skill level and potential are off the charts.

caldwellzag
11-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Can't let this kid get away. His skill level and potential are off the charts.

I completely agree. I hope he is our first recruit for 2021!

ZagNative
12-26-2018, 12:39 AM
Ben's Columbia Christian team is to meet Anton Watson's Gonzaga Prep team tomorrow, December 26th, in the first round of the Les Schwab Invitational Tournament. See the description in Anton Watson's thread, here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?64141-2019-Anton-Watson-Commit&p=1420001#post1420001.

Oregon Live previewed the major players in the tourney (https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/12/ba18d981668051/les-schwab-invitational-player.html) and had this to say about Ben:

Ben Gregg, Columbia Christian (2A Northwest)

https://expo.advance.net/img/78ee33db8d/width960/844_bengreggcolumbiachristian.jpeg

Perhaps the best prospect in the state regardless of age, Gregg (class of 2021) has received scholarship offers from Oregon State, Texas and Washington State, among others. The 6-foot-8 forward excels on both sides of the ball with a knack for scoring. Gregg plays for the Knights, who will be the smallest school (101 students) to ever play in the Les Schwab Invitational.

Photo: Prime Time Sports

23dpg
12-28-2018, 05:58 PM
Gregg has 20 in a close loss to Grant. Very good showing overall for such a little school.

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/83353-columbia-christian-vs-grant/boxscore

doctorzag
12-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Gregg has 20 in a close loss to Grant. Very good showing overall for such a little school.

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/83353-columbia-christian-vs-grant/boxscore

22 rebounds also tonight

Mantua
12-28-2018, 10:12 PM
So, Shaka Smart has noticed him already. Surely Gregg wouldn’t want to play in Texas when he could play for an outstanding coach closer to home.

thespywhozaggedme
12-29-2018, 05:39 AM
Why haven't we offered yet? What are we waiting for?

doctorzag
12-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Gregg 30 points 17 rebounds in todays game

23dpg
12-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Gregg 30 points 17 rebounds in todays game

Nice game. Looks like his team was down 13 entering the 4th quarter. They won it OT. Another win vs a much bigger school.

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/83617-columbia-christian-vs-barlow

23dpg
12-29-2018, 08:14 PM
@jakeweingarten

Oregon has extended an offer to 2021 prospect Ben Gregg, he tells Stockrisers. Second offer in as many days, yesterday was California who offered

OZZY
12-29-2018, 11:35 PM
Here is the LSI boxscore if the Scorebook one doesn't open..

http://lesschwabinvitational.com/lsi18tms/scores/LSI18-game27.pdf

Excellent Tourney for the young man.

You would think that one of the benefits of Gonzaga over all the other "big" programs is the size and intimacy of the school / campus.

Coming from a 110 student school to a school like Oregon or Texas would be rather intimidating.

BobZag
12-30-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm excited about Ben, but I have no idea what the staff thinks.

23dpg
12-30-2018, 10:53 AM
Gregg made LSI all tournament team. He had a slow start against GPrep but still managed to finish the tourney:

Fifth in scoring - 23.3
First in rebounding - 15.8
First in blocks - 3.5
Third is assists - 4.3

thespywhozaggedme
12-30-2018, 11:13 AM
I'm excited about Ben, but I have no idea what the staff thinks.

Well, if Oregon just offered, I'd say that Few and co. should follow suit.

thespywhozaggedme
12-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Gregg made LSI all tournament team. He had a slow start against GPrep but still managed to finish the tourney:

Fifth in scoring - 23.3
First in rebounding - 15.8
First in blocks - 3.5
Third is assists - 4.3

He's 6'9, or 6'10 now? I wonder if this is gonna be an Olynyk v 2.0 where he started out as a wing but kept growing and growing until he was a center.

BobZag
12-30-2018, 03:42 PM
He's 6'9, or 6'10 now? I wonder if this is gonna be an Olynyk v 2.0 where he started out as a wing but kept growing and growing until he was a center.

Yup.

caldwellzag
12-31-2018, 07:42 AM
Why haven't we offered yet? What are we waiting for?

Patience here. He will be our first offer for 2021, but D. Harris was a really young offer for us and it wasn't even offered this early.

BobZag
12-31-2018, 10:11 AM
Patience here. He will be our first offer for 2021, but D. Harris was a really young offer for us and it wasn't even offered this early.

+1

soccerdud
12-31-2018, 10:23 AM

i think andy poling committed to us as a freshman -- and, iirc, was a top 10 or so recruit, our *best* recruit ever by rating at time of commitment.

go get him, few! :)

23dpg
12-31-2018, 10:48 AM
i think andy poling committed to us as a freshman -- and, iirc, was a top 10 or so recruit, our *best* recruit ever by rating at time of commitment.

At one point as a freshman or sophomore in HS he was the #4 or 5 ranked prospect in the country. I’m not completely sure he committed to GU that early though. I do think David Pendergraft committed to the Zags after his 3rd grade intermural game.

I wonder if Ballo impending (fingers crossed) commitment affects Gregg. Both his interest and ours. The 2019 class has a lot of bigs.

DagsZags
12-31-2018, 10:51 AM
At one point as a freshman or sophomore in HS he was the #4 or 5 ranked prospect in the country. I’m not completely sure he committed to GU that early though. I do think David Pendergraft committed to the Zags after his 3rd grade intermural game.

I wonder if Ballo impending (fingers crossed) commitment affects Gregg. Both his interest and ours. The 2019 class has a lot of bigs.

Good question, but I don't think Ballo committing would affect Gregg. Ballo is closer to a one-and-done than he is a three year player, which he would be when Gregg would arrive at Gonzaga. At this point, Gregg would be a fantastic addition to Gonaga's foreseeable roster.

Schmitty
01-10-2019, 02:52 PM
I believe Ben's Dad is Matt Gregg, who played for Coach Brasch at SCC, then Idaho I think? He was/is about 6' 10" if memory serves. Definite Spokane connection..

VaBeachZAG
01-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Just hope the coaching staff doesn't pull another Joe Harris blunder!

caldwellzag
01-14-2019, 12:33 PM
Just hope the coaching staff doesn't pull another Joe Harris blunder!

They won't. Ben won't get away from Gonzaga, we are just being patient. Even Dom Harris committed later than this and he was one of the youngest ever recruits. Early prediction, Ben gets an offer after the spring/summer AAU circuit, signs with the Zags within a week of the offer, if not that day. Matt has connections to Eastern Washington and the family loves GU.

BobZag
01-14-2019, 02:32 PM
I wonder if Few can get him or his team up for a GU camp next June/July? Zags have gotten many a commitment going that route. Offer during camp.

thespywhozaggedme
01-14-2019, 04:08 PM
They won't. Ben won't get away from Gonzaga, we are just being patient. Even Dom Harris committed later than this and he was one of the youngest ever recruits. Early prediction, Ben gets an offer after the spring/summer AAU circuit, signs with the Zags within a week of the offer, if not that day. Matt has connections to Eastern Washington and the family loves GU.

He cannot technically sign until his senior year. He can verbally commit but until he actually signs he's still free to visit any school he wants.

BobZag
01-14-2019, 04:14 PM
He cannot technically sign until his senior year. He can verbally commit but until he actually signs he's still free to visit any school he wants.

I am guessing that's what caldwell meant.
That's some great info from cz, though. I really like Ben's upside.

thespywhozaggedme
01-14-2019, 04:58 PM
I am guessing that's what caldwell meant.
That's some great info from cz, though. I really like Ben's upside.

He is really really talented, agreed.

caldwellzag
01-15-2019, 06:37 AM
He is really really talented, agreed.

Spy I did mean verbal, when a kid verbals to Gonzaga it is highly unlikely they back out. Some schools (aka UCLA currently) have a lot of recruits back out due to coaching changes or over recruiting, GU just doesn't do that. Sorry for the misuse of wording, as you are right he won't sign until the fall of his senior year, but we will be talking about him for awhile...

thespywhozaggedme
01-15-2019, 08:29 AM
Spy I did mean verbal, when a kid verbals to Gonzaga it is highly unlikely they back out. Some schools (aka UCLA currently) have a lot of recruits back out due to coaching changes or over recruiting, GU just doesn't do that. Sorry for the misuse of wording, as you are right he won't sign until the fall of his senior year, but we will be talking about him for awhile...

I figured that's what you meant. I hope he becomes a Zag

BobZag
01-15-2019, 10:22 AM
This gives me a reason to look forward to July. ;)

Ebay
01-15-2019, 10:45 AM

Last recruit I remember that verballed and then backed out was Brock Osweiler.

Any since him?

bdmiller7
01-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Last recruit I remember that verballed and then backed out was Brock Osweiler.

Any since him?

And that wasn't to play basketball it was to play football which ended up being a good decision. For the most part verbally committing in b-ball means something, barring a coaching change. Not like football where a verbal means nothing. Coaches keep recruiting that player and recruits keep visiting other schools. My guess is Few likes to see a player play in person and likes to make the offer in person. Just waiting for the right moment to pop the question. Still really early.

Outraged
01-15-2019, 08:20 PM

Didn't one back out from NIC quite a few years ago and go play for Nevada then a couple years later Nevada beat us in the tournament. It was a few years ago.

sittingon50
01-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I recall a guard from NIC backing out.

Don't remember anything beyond that though, Outraged.

caldwellzag
01-16-2019, 07:21 AM
And that wasn't to play basketball it was to play football which ended up being a good decision. For the most part verbally committing in b-ball means something, barring a coaching change. Not like football where a verbal means nothing. Coaches keep recruiting that player and recruits keep visiting other schools. My guess is Few likes to see a player play in person and likes to make the offer in person. Just waiting for the right moment to pop the question. Still really early.

Few has such a good rep among other coaches once his guys commit verbally very rarely will someone try to over recruit him. Brock was a whole different story and he made some good money in the NFL.

As for Ben Gregg, watch for a spring/summer type thing, as Few is going to want to watch him play in person and I would love to see him up at one of the camps. If I had a Crystal Ball on 247 I would put it in for GU on Gregg at this point in time.

BobZag
01-16-2019, 08:33 AM
Didn't one back out from NIC quite a few years ago and go play for Nevada then a couple years later Nevada beat us in the tournament. It was a few years ago.

Last name was Petty. Mighta been Jerry Petty. That feels like a lifetime ago.

ttown0026
01-16-2019, 10:46 AM
I believe Few/GU watched Ben play at the LSI a month back.

I watched a couple games of his, and he is a stud.

Reminds me of Michael Porter Jr.

23dpg
01-16-2019, 07:29 PM
A little video of Gregg in practice.

https://www.koin.com/amp/sports/athlete-of-the-week/colleges-already-eyeing-columbia-christian-soph/1697808817?__twitter_impression=true

ZagNative
01-16-2019, 08:38 PM
A little video of Gregg in practice.

https://www.koin.com/amp/sports/athlete-of-the-week/colleges-already-eyeing-columbia-christian-soph/1697808817?__twitter_impression=trueI want him! I want him!

Thanks for posting that great video link!

caldwellzag
01-17-2019, 06:09 AM
I want him! I want him!

Thanks for posting that great video link!

I agree! Give it time and he will be the first signee in the class of 2021.

BobZag
01-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Aces.

BobZag
01-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Does Ben know nate Biittle? a kyle wiltjer-type talent. 2021. 6-9ish

caldwellzag
01-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Does Ben know nate Biittle? a kyle wiltjer-type talent. 2021. 6-9ish

I am sure they do, but not sure how well. Bittle is another interesting option in 2021 for us, pay attention to his name. The Ducks are the early favorite, but don't rule us out on him either.

BobZag
01-25-2019, 09:49 AM
I am sure they do, but not sure how well. Bittle is another interesting option in 2021 for us, pay attention to his name. The Ducks are the early favorite, but don't rule us out on him either.

Any indication GU is looking at him?

caldwellzag
01-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Any indication GU is looking at him?

We have watched him play a few times, mainly this summer. There is interest, but still early.