PDA

View Full Version : Post-Maui Rankings - Where will the Zags land?

ZagNative
11-21-2018, 09:19 PM
From Jeff Borzello at ESPN (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25200602/gonzaga-earns-no-1-spot): "Power Rankings: Gonzaga earns the No. 1 spot"

We're starting to feel a little bad for Kansas.

The Jayhawks were No. 1 entering the season in the Power Rankings -- then got jumped when Duke dominated Kentucky in the opener, despite Kansas looking impressive against Michigan State. And now, with the Blue Devils losing on Wednesday night, it's time for a new No. 1.

But it's not going to be Kansas.

We're going with the team that beat Duke: Gonzaga.

MDABE80
11-21-2018, 09:24 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25200602/gonzaga-earns-no-1-spot

Especially liking the article below the article ZN posted and exerpt from.

thespywhozaggedme
11-21-2018, 09:28 PM
I didn't even think this is up for debate. We will be number one, possibly unanimously.

raise the zag
11-21-2018, 09:31 PM
I didn't even think this is up for debate. We will be number one, possibly unanimously.

Kansas plays #5 Tennessee on Friday night. They beat Marquette tonight.

If they win I think they will slide into the #1 spot. If not, we would definitely be #1

23dpg
11-21-2018, 09:32 PM

Almost no chance it’s unanimous. Plenty of voters in Big12 country.
I do think the Zags will be number one but I think it will be close.

gonstu
11-21-2018, 09:36 PM
Definitely not unanimous. In fact, I think Duke still gets some #1 votes. If I had to guess, I would say it would be:

Zaga, Kansas, Duke. But I do think all 3 will get votes and would not be too surprised with any order of those top 3.

ProVeeZag
11-21-2018, 10:03 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25200602/gonzaga-earns-no-1-spot

Especially liking the article below the article ZN posted and exerpt from.

Yes, very good article. And Coach K had some nice compliments for GU's program and fan base.

Zagceo
11-21-2018, 10:05 PM
No.2 ok...room for improvement

KStyles
11-21-2018, 11:28 PM
Hard to speculate without seeing the #2 team finish their week.

gu03alum
11-21-2018, 11:29 PM
1. Kansas
2. Gonzaga

CDC84
11-21-2018, 11:32 PM
I don't think Gonzaga jumps Kansas unless they lose to the Vols. Zag fans need to be more concerned about the Vols beating KU from a resume perspective. The Vols are another team that is in the running for a number 1 seed, and they are on GU's sked.

DixieZag
11-22-2018, 06:39 AM
I don't think Gonzaga jumps Kansas unless they lose to the Vols. Zag fans need to be more concerned about the Vols beating KU from a resume perspective. The Vols are another team that is in the running for a number 1 seed, and they are on GU's sked.

We need to all become Tenn fans for that particular game. We want the Tenn game to be as valuable as possible.

Still lots of work left to do on the schedule, Tenn and UNC. Let's bank some good wins. It is hard to recall in the glow of beating Duke, that we nearly dropped our game to Illinois. This team has shown it can beat anyone, but also shown that unless it brings it, it can be beaten, too.

Coaches should bring back ALL the tape from Maui, and the guys should be much better for it.

TexasZagFan
11-22-2018, 06:56 AM
We need to all become Tenn fans for that particular game. We want the Tenn game to be as valuable as possible.

Still lots of work left to do on the schedule, Tenn and UNC. Let's bank some good wins. It is hard to recall in the glow of beating Duke, that we nearly dropped our game to Illinois. This team has shown it can beat anyone, but also shown that unless it brings it, it can be beaten, too.

Coaches should bring back ALL the tape from Maui, and the guys should be much better for it.

Do not overlook Creighton, it will be our first true road game of the year. CHI arena in Omaha has a capacity of 18,000.

gonstu
11-22-2018, 07:13 AM
And then there's the Huskies too. So, between Creighton, UNC, TENN, and huskies (assuming a solid WCC run) - I wonder how many we need to win to be in good position for a 1 seed. 2? 3?